The new Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The magazine is run by middle-aged men in the midst of a mid-life crisis. "Forget about music, what barely-legal, half-naked girl can we put on the cover?" :mad:

Bono's shades said:
The magazine is run by middle-aged men in the midst of a mid-life crisis. "Forget about music, what barely-legal, half-naked girl can we put on the cover?" :mad:

What's really sad is I used to visit their message boards and I met some really cool people there. Then they closed them down two months ago claiming they were going to improve them, but they are STILL down. They probably got sick of so many of us complaining on the message boards about how much the magazine sucks now. :evil:

Ya know, I don't think Lindsay Lohan is all that cute. I'd much rather appreciate a Scarlett Johansson cover :sexywink:

I remember RS in its hey day when it was
only 50 cents, and printed on real newspaper stock.
That mag has sucked for years.
Only time I pick it up is when U2 are on the cover too.

That article is actually kind of interesting in regards to celebritydumb and such things. (at least seemed that way when I was skimming it to see if there were more pictures.. I mean.. I read it all)

Although I will admit I don't tend to see anything much about music in it.

my page won't load (my internet is being terribly slow tonight)

i don't even want to know what's on the cover, do i...

it's the pretty good looking but not as hot as some people would have you eblieve lindsay lohan

who's that? is she hawt?

"hawt" made me laugh far more than it should have. which means i shold go to sleep. that annoying lizzy mcguire girl. i've been told she sings. that scares me.

Apart from Lindsay thingie on that link, there is a photo of a soldier being tortured.

:|

I let my subscription lapse 5 or 6 yrs ago after more than a dozen years as a subscriber and have by no means regretted that decision.
Without reading the Lindsay Lohan article, I'm sure there'll be some point where she says something along the lines of how "its gross that these old men think of me in sexual terms" yet she poses for a cover like this with the caption "Hot, Ready and Legal"...just like Alicia Silverstone complained about perverted men in a magazine where she was on the cover in ruffly pink panties years ago.
I'm sure Hilary Duff and all her (musical) talents will be adorning a cover in the coming months.

The word 'legal' is really quite disturbing for a magazine of such standing.

As a lifetime lover of RS, I don't have a problem with the latest cover. This is their Hot List issue, not their Hot Music List issue. Like any publication, they have to stoop in the Internet age to sell more copies, and as Lindsay Lohan is mega-popular, I could care less - the music industry coverage and political exposes are just as good, no matter who is on the cover. RS isn't just about Music, it has become about all aspects of the entertainment industry. Hell, I don't even like some of the musicians (when they feature them) they put on the cover -- but the mag, in my opinion is just as good - even if this is a special "Hot" issue.

HelloAngel said:
As a lifetime lover of RS, I don't have a problem with the latest cover. This is their Hot List issue, not their Hot Music List issue. Like any publication, they have to stoop in the Internet age to sell more copies, and as Lindsay Lohan is mega-popular, I could care less - the music industry coverage and political exposes are just as good, no matter who is on the cover. RS isn't just about Music, it has become about all aspects of the entertainment industry. Hell, I don't even like some of the musicians (when they feature them) they put on the cover -- but the mag, in my opinion is just as good - even if this is a special "Hot" issue.

I agree with you. Even though a lot of the time the bands I like are not in the cover I still like RS. It's a good read. :reject:

I'm in the 'I still read and enjoy RS camp'. I can't always afford to buy it but luckily it is available at my local library.

I hope that everyone who is commenting about RS takes the time to read the article about the treatment of Iraqi prisoners instead of just commenting on Ms Lohan.

Well, Lindsay DOES sing...apparently...if you're into that sort of stuff...which I would hope Rolling Stone wouldn't be, but look at what I'm saying. Ha. Rolling Stone. I hate you...yet I must read you...because sometimes you mention Ryan, and I need to clip for my scrapbook. Damn you.

I have recently discovered a brand new magazine that is a good alternative to Rolling Stone. It's called Tracks (they subtitle it "Music Built To Last"). Intelligent articles, great profiles of musicians and reviews that don't make me want to use the mag as toilet paper :up:

http://www.tracksmusic.com

It's pretty new, and consequently only comes out every two months or so, but I am hoping it's successful and they go to a monthly format.

I get these regularly:

Rolling Stone
Blender
Spin
Filter
Q
Mojo
Uncut
Paste
Harp
No Depression
Magnet
Tracks

I grab some others on occasion too. Music magazines are my weakness.

Last edited:
I never read magazines ever. That's what the internet is for.

Back
Top Bottom