The New "Rockstar" Reality Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight was really interesting. I'm totally over Dilana now. I loved her so much at the begining, but now I don't care so much. Magni was good, but I was hoping for a little more energy. I did not like Lukas's Prayer, but his original was all right.

Toby and Storm kicked some serious ass tonight. I LOVED their covers, and their originals were sweet. Toby definitely has a shot at winning it after tonight. :rockon: I'm definitely downloading the original. It was so catchy and energetic. Plus, he's not bad to look at either! :wink:

With the announcement that the House Band will be on tour with SN, and the fact that Toby and Storm are kicking so much ass, I'm actually thinking about checking the show out when they come to Vancouver in February. :reject:

Pop Artist said:

I actually liked Dilana's voice on Behind Blue Eyes, but she is really giving off an air of being defeated now.

She really did. I wonder if any of it was due to being drugged up, though. Torn muscles are incredibly painful. :(

I can see Toby taking it. He's always been a big pile of meh to me, just another generic bar singer with a very limited vocal range who happens to look good to many of the fangirlies (yours truly excepted) and has learned in recent weeks to interact with the audience well. His going out into the audience for nearly every song these days is tiresome. Like my daughter said tonight, if he wins, the band's gonna need to incorporate about three or four ellipses into their stage to give him adequate room to express his ADHD.

I've been starting to think in recent weeks that Lukas is too edgy for the ol' boys. He needs a good, young, modern rock band to front.

Storm, again, too good for the Super-sucksters. Her original rawked mah world tonight. :love:

Magni's the best of the males, and has been through the entire show, but some of his performances lack that certain it factor.

Blah. :|

Don't mind me. I'm just bitter and angry that my early fave turned out to be a psychological mess who self-destructed. :madwife: :wink:

ThoraSEB said:

With the announcement that the House Band will be on tour with SN, and the fact that Toby and Storm are kicking so much ass, I'm actually thinking about checking the show out when they come to Vancouver in February. :reject:

I may have checked out Ticketmaster tonight when I heard that the House Band were opening. :shifty: Only singles left for the TO show, though. :madwife:

Last edited:
Lukas sucks, that is all I wanted to say. The fact that in the onset of votes he was #2 makes me think America is wacky. I wonder if they have their own people putting in votes :hmm:

Also if you watched Jordis last year they seem to be doing the same thing to Dilana. Towards the end Jordis just seem to deflate. She was stressed and couldn't do the photo shoot, blah blah. I wonder if they needed to do this to get her fan base down so when they didn't choose her they'd still have fans.

youtwohearts said:
Also if you watched Jordis last year they seem to be doing the same thing to Dilana. Towards the end Jordis just seem to deflate. She was stressed and couldn't do the photo shoot, blah blah. I wonder if they needed to do this to get her fan base down so when they didn't choose her they'd still have fans.

I read other boards, and people who go to tapings post about what goes on there. For each hour long show, the tapings last 2 - 3 hours, so a considerable amount of material is cut from what we see on tv.

Burnett definitely is doing some selective editing. At a taping a week ago, Jason apparently freaked out about the editing, talking about how unfair it is sometimes, and I believe he was speaking in the context of the Dilana situation. That said, if she'd STFU and move on about it, she wouldn't provide them with fodder to use, no matter how badly it's taken out of context. Also, the comments from last night about Dilana's performance sounded like they were much more complimentary than we saw on tv.

According to people who were there, there was a break between Dilana's cover and her original, when tech guys had to fix some lighting issues. She engaged in some banter with the audience, and then asked "what should we do now?" Storm yelled to her that she should sing. She then went through a complete acapella version of Janis Joplin's Mercedes Benz. Sounds like the audience was mesmirized, cheering wildly, and singing along with her.

So yeah, the editing pretty much sucks. :|

Spoilers are in...

Only thing that I will say is that every rocker sings again tonight, and I'm so glad the carpal tunnel I got from voting last night was not in vain! :happy:

Last edited:
Where are you getting your spoiler info? I have to read it too!!!!!!

edit: nevermind :D

Last edited:
I thought they were all good last night with the exception of Lukas, he sucked big time :| .

Diane L said:
MAGNI'S SAFE AGAIN!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

As well he should be! I must've voted about 100 times for him last night, and I never vote for anybody more than 10 times on these things... :D

Pop Artist said:
I think Dilana is a goner this week no matter what, she's shown all her cards already and now she's dissed the fans, so SN probably has no more use for her. Still gonna vote like the dickens for Magni though, just to make sure he does make the Final 4 (he deserves better than Supernova so if they boot him next week then that's OK).

I've watched every show and I don't get where Dilana "dissed the fans". Sure she f'd up by "dissing her fellow contestants" in the interviews (probably a set up to knock her back down to earth) since she was getting too cocky/over confident prior to that but I do vividly recall last year that JD "dissed his fellow contestants" and was "cocky/ over confident" and lazy when it was time to rehearse a song with INXS in the studio but we all know who won last year. So ya never know. IMO she's the only one that has a unique rock voice compared to the rest. Guess we'll all find out together next week.

I was so sad to see Storm go tonight. :sad: Wish You Were Here is my favourite Pink Floyd song, and she did a fabulous job! I always get a bit teary-eyed whenever I hear it, because of the memories I have associated with that song, but once they cut to Jason, I kinda lost it. :lol: Damn reality shows making me emotional! :madwife: :lol:

I was hoping that Lukas or Dilana would have been cut tonight, but oh well.

I've never seen the show until tonight. I thought Storm's version of WYWH was kinda drab and dull :shrug:

So from the last couple of pages, I gather Magni & Tobey are the remaining faves? :shrug:

Lila64 said:
I've never seen the show until tonight. I thought Storm's version of WYWH was kinda drab and dull :shrug:

So from the last couple of pages, I gather Magni & Tobey are the remaining faves? :shrug:

The song wasn't well suited at all to her voice, but I think she knew that and that she was out the door tonight anyway, so she was doing it for personal reasons (dedicated it to her mother - who was a schizophrenic and who died not too long ago). I think it was the emotion that got to a lot of people...

Toby and Lukas are the front-runners at this point (Toby is perfect for them, I hate Lukas' voice). Although, you never know about Dilana, you'd think she'd have no chance at this point, but Supernova may have wanted her all along. A lot of people really love Magni (myself included) because he has a great voice, is not pretentious or poser-ish, and is a genuinely good guy. Heavy voting for him to make it to the finale since it seems like the band would cut him at any point, but we don't think he'll win this (nor want him to, don't think Magni wants to at this point either). Toby and Magni are both big U2 fans, too bad the show doesn't appear to have clearance to use any U2 stuff...

I don't think any of the 4 finalists have to worry too much at this point. They are all very talented in different ways. They're getting their exposure & all will do well.

Wow, lots of Magni love on the U2 boards! I think he's got a great voice but isn't a great entertainer...

I like Lukas but as others have mentionned I'm not so sure he would make a good fit - he's a bit edgier and darker than the music Supernova has been producing. Perhaps Toby is their man after all....

I agree with lady about Magni, great voice but no magnetism.

Toby is boy band material, and too gimmicky. If Supernova wants to go in that direction to get attention, I'm sure Jill will have a laugh at that.

Lukas is riveting to watch and Dilana has some amazing moments too but who knows?

Regardless, I don't see Supernova lasting too long as a band anyway no matter who wins.

One album, one tour is what I've always assumed. Tommy and Crue have been touring alot over the past couple of years, and Jason has openly admitted that he sees the show as an opportunity to pimp Voivod. Still, it'll be decent exposure for whoever wins (and I use the term "win" loosely).

Navarro's Panic Channel was just added to the tour. Rolling Stone just gave their debut album 1 1/2 stars, so that should be some quality entertainment. :wink:

Screw SN and Panic Channel, I want to see The House Band! Amazing musicians. :drool:

Time for the last weekly intersection of Rockstar and U2. It's Magni again, doing two U2 tunes (audio only) here: http://www.fm957.is/?pageid=1781

First link is One, second link is a really good full version of In A Little While...think SunBloc was wanting to hear more of that... :)

Thank you! :bow: The other two songs are awesome, too! Stan is hilarious - I think I read about it on TWOP, but had never heard it before - and his voice is suited to PJ/Eddie Vedder.

just noticed this, in case anyone is interested:

On Ellen Degeneres tomorrow:
Mo 9/11: Jessica Simpson, Ron Livingston, Storm Large

Spoiler for Tuesday (highlight)...

Each did a cover and original - the originals were the same as last week. Lukas did his original acoustic, and Toby had Magni playing guitar on his.

Toby - Karma Police (Radiohead)
Lukas - Fix You (Coldplay)
Dilana - Roxanne (The Police) - Toby, Magni and Lukas sing backup on this
Magni - Hush (Deep Purple)

Last edited:
Thanks Pop Artist for the Magni songs!

Sweet - Storm on Ellen?! Can't wait! :D Thanks, Lila.

BTW - I just found out that Tommy Lee will be on Ellen on Tuesday!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom