The New "Rockstar" Reality Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pop Artist said:
On page 2? Anyway, here's a couple of vids from the Rock Star contestants little concert at Universal CityWalk Friday night. May be of some interest to this forum... :wink:

Magni and Toby do With or Without You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THTH7COkgsI

Magni and Toby do Where the Streets Have No Name (you can tell at least one of them have been to see them live, I think... :wink:): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EhOv3TDhpE

Thanks for the links. I thought they did a pretty good job.

Pop Artist - BIG thumbs up :up: :up: for posting these links!! These were a lot of fun to watch.

:lol: at Toby whistling in into of WOWY. They weren't Bono & Edge, but they weren't bad either!!!

:D

Anyone see the reality episode?! :ohmy: Some crazy shit went down with Dilana - most of the episode centred around her.

I'm finding my opinion of her is changing. I used to totally love her. I still like her a lot, but Magni could easily become my new favourite. He's a very close second to her right now.

It will be interesting to see what they all do with the fan selection this week.

Hey - awesome links to youtube there - thought toby and magni did a great job :) If you go to scoobyld's videos (the dude who posted those vids) there's also storm, and mig from the last series of rockstar. Looks that would have been a great show - hope they show some highlights of it on the show tonight.:cool:
I'm agreeing with all the above comments about Dilana - I don't think it's edited to make her look bad though - I just think that she's taken her popularity on the show for granted and is now showing her 'true colours'. Lets face it - she made all those nasty un-called-for comments and still managed to stay out of the bottom three last week, so she has obviously still got a fan base out there. Personally though, I have really lost a bit of respect for her:angry:
Gotta go watch tonights episode now
:happy:

I saw it too, Thora. It makes you wonder what REALLY goes on during the week there. The webisodes make the singers look like they're putting on an act or something. I'm :grumpy: & need another cup of coffee! :giggle:

If I were just listening to recorded voices on an album, at this point, to me - Magni stands out. But I can easily see him & Dilana
having successful individual acts also. The way I see Dilana - if she were an actor, she'd be a character actor. They're my top two also.

The best I could remember the audience-voted song choices for tonight from the webisode are:

Lukas - Lithium/Nirvana (He said he does not like this song at all)
Dilana - Mother Mother/Tracy Bonham (Coming back strong tonight)
Ryan - Clocks/Coldplay (He didn't look too enthused either)
Magni - I Alone/ Live
Storm - Bring Me to Life/Evanescence
Toby - Gabrielle

Comes on at 9:00 (ET) tonight!

Last edited:
SunBloc said:

The best I could remember the audience-voted song choices for tonight from the webisode are:

Lukas - Lithium/Nirvana (He said he does not like this song at all)
Dilana - Mother Mother/Tracy Bonham (Coming back strong tonight)
Ryan - Clocks/Coldplay (He didn't look too enthused either)
Magni - I Alone/ Live
Storm - Bring Me to Life/Evanescence
Toby - Gabrielle

Comes on at 9:00 (ET) tonight!

Toby is doing Rebel Yell by Billy Idol. :)

Last night's episode was insane :crazy:

As I was telling my Rockstar-obsessed friend (you know who you are :shifty: ), there was an entry on Storm's band's message board by her boyfriend (also a member of the band, his name is Davey Nipples :lmao: ) who said that due to extreme stress in the mansion, the producers had to come in and check on the mental states of the contestants, and then allowed them more outside contact with friends and loved ones than usual.

While Dilana's behaviour was unstable and indefensible, does anyone else gag when Ryan starts on his self-righteous speeches about how people shouldn't diss others, that they should always be respectful, considering that he berated poor Dana relentlessly when she was on the show?? To a lesser extent, Lukas is guilty of this as well.

Dilana has pretty much been on top since the beginning, and if she won without incident or conflict, that would make for boring, predictable tv. I have a feeling that after the drama of the last week, she'll kill with Mother, Mother, and that tonight will begin her rise from the ashes.

Last edited:
Pop Artist said:

Toby is doing Rebel Yell by Billy Idol. :)

:lol: Why did I hear Rebel Yell as Gabrielle?? I think it was the different accent that threw me off..:giggle: :reject:

Ryan is either being used to lay singers' personnas on the line for the show or he is self righteous, maybe both. Dilana is going to do well . I think Lukas is really mad now & will be the one killing his song tonight- even though he hates it.

Oh I like Magni lots...think I am going to actually vote tonight and vote for him, he may not win, but I'm not ready for him to go yet.

Magni :drool:

I think Dilana will do better as a solo artist and for that reason I would prefer if she didn't win. Magni is much better cut out to be a front man in a band.

Magni's got the voice - Dilana's got the angst.

At this point, I've got to go with Magni because I think he'll be able to sell the band's music in more ways than Dilana can.

It was a GOOD show tonight. Incredible effort from everybody!!

I don't think Magni will be able to sell their music more than Dilana for the simple fact that he has been in the bottom 3 a few times and she hasn't. I'm not a fan of either of them.

I'm with Lukas all the way!! I really like Ryan as well but I think he would be better as a solo act. Of course I gotta love Toby too. :cute:

I found the mixing to be horrible tonight, the instruments drowned out the singing on a few songs. I couldn't even hear Toby during Storm's song.

Maybe it was my tv station but I heard mostly piano during Lithium.

But all of the rockstars gave a great effort, I have no idea what the bottom 3 will look like. Although based on history, one would think Lukas, Dilana and Storm will be safe as they seem to have a consistent fan base.

Trev - the sound for me was horrendous as well. :tsk: I had the volume turned up to about 60, and it's normally at around 25 when I watch Rock Star.

Despite the shitty sound, I LOVED Magni's performance. I was totally rocking out at home! :rockon: Toby's was pretty awesome as well.

The rest were good, but Magni and Toby stood out the most to me. There were no bad performances, but those two guys blew the others out of the water.

My first thought when Ryan jumped up on the piano was - I hope he doesn't wreck the beautiful piano! :reject: :lol:

Initial bottom 3 were Storm, Ryan and Lukas. I wonder what Lukas will think of that?! :wink:

There's an interesting article in Contact Music about Lukas:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/top secret supernova winner leaked_1006590

TOP SECRET SUPERNOVA WINNER LEAKED?

Veteran Hollywood gossip columnist JANET CHARLTON insists she knows who has won reality talent competition ROCKSTAR: SUPERNOVA, and has revealed the winner's name on her website. Although the show is live and the winner won't be officially announced until 13 September (06), Charlton claims to have inside information on who will ultimately be named the new lead singer for the band Supernova. The series follows the search for a vocalist to join the new band, formed by ex-MOTLEY CRUE drummer TOMMY LEE, former METALLICA bassist JASON NEWSTED and one-time GUNS N' ROSES guitarist GILBEY CLARKE. Charlton says the band had the most clout when it came choosing the winner in the competition because they will have to go on the road with them. She claims contestant LUKAS ROSSI was selected because band members thought he would be the best fit and, barring any unforeseen events, he will be named the winner in the series finale next month (SEP06).
29/08/2006 03:31

:eyebrow:

Even though I watch RockStar I would probably never buy their album but if Lukas wins I really won't. I don't like his voice and I thought his performance sucked last night. I think his voice is such a strain sound plus he seems like a dick.

Oh and thanks for the possible "finale" kill without warning :madspit:

Consider the source - Contact Music is not a solid source of truth and Janet Charlton is a tabloid writer, it's just fun reading. We have a better chance of picking the winner here. No offense was intended youtwohearts! :wink:

Last edited:
This morning as I was driving in to work, I was listening to the radio, and the DJ's were talking about reality shows. They said who was eliminated on Canadian Idol last night, then they went on to talk for a bit about Rock Star. They even said who was eliminated tonight! I was so furious that I tried calling their station to ream them out for possibly spoiling it.

I don't know how they got that information, or if it's even correct, but it pissed me off. I just sent them an email, so we'll see what happens. I can't listen to the radio at work, so I doubt I'll hear anything more about it.

Grr. Way to ruin my morning. Damn radio station. :angry:

SunBloc said:
Consider the source - Contact Music is not a solid source of truth and Janet Charlton is a tabloid writer, it's just fun reading. We have a better chance of picking the winner here. No offense was intended youtwohearts! :wink:

I really wasn't offended, just being difficult :wink:

I did not listen to the radio

or read any sites

but my guess is that Storm leaves tonight

and Ryan may be on shaky ground next

Slight spoiler

- everybody gets to sing a song tonight except for Magni. Whether it's because they're in the bottom 3, got the encore, or performing with Supernova, I won't say...

Last edited:
I just got an email back from the DJ! So it was his mistake, and I wasn't spoiled for the show tonight. :D

Hi Thora,
Okay...I admit it. I'm a complete idiot. Here's what happened.

Each morning we're supplied with a rundown of audio clips and episode summaries of different TV shows. On this morning's sheet, there was one clip titled: Rock Star Supernova - Magni gets cut. I took that to mean he had been eliminated. However, since I've been slammed with emails and phone calls, I went back and double-checked the summary only to find out that he didn't get cut from the show, but that he got cut on the show. Apparently, he slammed down a glass and it shattered, causing the cut.

I apologize for the error - perhaps it's karma coming back around to bite me after giving Nat such a hard time about her math skills.

The good news is that I haven't spoiled anything that's going to happen on tonight's show, so enjoy!

Thanks for listening...

Back
Top Bottom