The new Price is Right Host is.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i don't find him funny at all.. never have.. Not even his stand up routine.. :| could be worse, like pat sajak or even better... Bob Saget :lol: oh yeah, pat's still on the wheel... :huh:

I remember once he was on the radio being interviewed

he asked the radio guy to ask him
why he dated strippers

so the guy asked him

and he answered

"because I can."

Last edited:
I'm glad it was NOT Rosie O'Donnell !! :D

As much as I like Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show and Whose Line Is It, Anyway ??)
this is going to take some time to get used to. :yes:

:hmm: Honestly, I do NOT think there IS a 'replacement' for Bob Barker. :applaud:
The Price Is Right will ALWAYS be his game show ... end of story !! :bow:

MsMofoGone said:

:hmm: Honestly, I do NOT think there IS a 'replacement' for Bob Barker. :applaud:
The Price Is Right will ALWAYS be his game show ... end of story !! :bow:

Agreed.

I almost feel like they should have waited a year before instead if rushing to push a new host on the public.

Whatever ... I will give him a chance.

But, they'd better not get rid of Plinko!

Hmmmm, who would have thought that Drew Carey would be the new host :huh:

I never watch it anyways...so it doesn't bother me. :applaud:

:bump:

:hmm: So ... turns out this is the perfect time for Carey to take over Barker's host position afterall. :up:

:shocked:

Woman Sues Bob Barker, 'Price' Producers
By Associated Press
Thu Oct 4, 9:59 PM

LOS ANGELES - A woman has sued Bob Barker and the producers of "The Price is Right," alleging she was forced to quit working on the game show.

In a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Deborah Curling claimed she was harassed after she testified against Barker in a harassment lawsuit that was brought against him.

A CBS spokesman declined to comment.

Curling's lawsuit alleges hostile working environment, wrongful termination based on retaliation and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Curling is seeking an unspecified amount in damages from Barker, CBS, and production company FremantleMedia.

Looks like somebody's engaged ... I guess a second 'Congratulations' are in order for Carey !! :up:

Drew Carey Comes Down on One Knee
Thu Oct 11, 5:24 PM

The way to Drew Carey's heart turned out to be through his stomach.

The sitcom star turned game show host popped the question Tuesday to girlfriend Nicole Jaracz, a recent culinary school grad, according to Carey's rep, Christina Papadopolous.

"It will be the first marriage for both. No date for a wedding has been set yet," she said in a statement. "They are both very happy and excited about their future together."

Aside from the thrill he must be feeling that his beloved Cleveland Indians are in the playoffs, Carey has been busy gearing up for his big debut as Bob Barker's successor on The Price Is Right.

Barker retired in June and Carey, a former stand-up comic and a veteran of his self-titled sitcom and Whose Line Is It Anyway, was tapped to come on down in July.

After his gig hosting CBS' The Power of 10 this summer, production kicked off on new episodes of Price and went smoothly for the most part, minus one trip to the emergency room.

Carey's left arm got banged up in August when he caught it in a spinning wheel while rehearsing the Grocery Game, which has contestants guessing the price of common household items. After his hand was fitted with a splint at a nearby hospital, Carey proudly showed off pictures of his injured appendage that he took with his iPhone.

The classic game show's 36th season, featuring Carey hoisting the skinny mike, premieres Monday.

Originally posted by AngelofHarlem01
How's his energy on the show?
Does he get excited when people win or is he pretty straight forward?

I'll agree with Bonochick that Carey does seem quite a bit nervous. :up:

I think he kinda drags on too much talking with the contestants ... instead of just concentrating on the games. :tsk:

I was NOT that impressed with the woman who played Plinko today. She first mentioned to Carey that she had to go to the bathroom and Carey said "You gotta play the game first" ... right after she finished the game, Carey pointed off the stage where she could go to go to the bathroom. :huh:

So I guess for future reference ... anyone who becomes a contestant on this show ... better make sure they don't have to go to the bathroom when called onstage. Otherwise, Carey will embarrass you in front of millions of viewers (both on and off the camera) He could have just non-chalantly motioned to her AFTER the cut to the commercials on where to go to use the facilities. :yes:

IMO, He did a much better job as host on 'The Power of Ten' ... or even his comic show 'Whose Line Is It, Anyway ??'

I'll still watch for a little while longer, because I really love this game show. Hopefully, Carey will improve and wind down a bit more ... he doesn't have to be another Bob Barker ... but he should pay more attention to the job of playing Game Show Host.

More importantly ... I'm wondering what CBS thinks of Carey now ?? If he doesn't improve, will he return next season ?? :hmm:

Maybe there might be another 'hunt' for another host in the works in the future. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom