The New Official Ryan Adams Site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not Bonochick, but I do listen to a lot of Ryan Adams :wink:

Heartbreaker is a brilliant first album, filled with a lot of country-tinged tunes

Gold has a slightly more polished, more "pop" sound, but again excellent songwriting

Demolition is a nice balance of good songwriting and some rocking tunes

Rock N Roll, as its title suggests, is a great rocking out album

Love Is Hell is eclectic and again brings the focus back to songwriting

I haven't picked up his trio of most recent albums, but from what I've heard, he's moving back toward his country roots.

You can't go wrong with a Ryan Adams album; what's easiest is to sample some things on iTunes or Amazon and see which era of his work you think you'd like best. If you like his early sound, I'd also strongly suggest you check out some Whiskeytown albums--Faithless Street, Stranger's Almanac, etc.

I think your sig might cause me to have a seizure if I look at it any longer :crack:

IMHO:

Whiskeytown>>>>>>>Ryan Adams. And I like a lot of Ryan Adams' stuff. But Whiskeytown is fuckin awesome.

U2Girl1978 said:
Bonochick, which album would you recommend to a newbie? :)

So many fans automatically say Heartbreaker...but I'm inclined to go with Cold Roses. :drool:

U2Girl1978 said:

I was on his myspace page yesterday and I'm in love with Nightbirds. :heart:

That's on 29. Great album, but definately not for a newbie. It would almost be like giving a U2 newbie Pop or Passengers...

Yeah, I love 29, but I would never recommend that as a first album. :uhoh: "Strawberry Wine" may very well be my favorite song though, and that's on 29. :heart: I also adore "The Sadness"...Ryan fans seem split on that song though.

my personal faves are Cold Roses, Gold & Jacksonville City Nights. My first was Gold, I guess it's maybe 'easier' for a newbie as it's more catchy and 'pop' (although it's not actually pop, lol). 29's the one I've found hardest to get into but it's worth the effort! I love Whiskeytown's Pneumonia as well!

The Sadness always reminds me of Kill Bill.

Strawberry Wine is definitely on my top 3 of favorite RA songs

Cold Roses is my favorite album and thus would highly recommend it..followed by Love is Hell

:drool:

As for the website
it takes me too long to figure out what the heck is what, i guess it's too advanced for me :angry:

I think this is the highlight of the new site:

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom