The New Muse Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Total U2 Nut

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Anyone heard any of it, and what do you guys think of the new single (released next week, I think) "Supermassive Black Hole".

I quite like it, Bellamy's gone way overboard on the falsetto, but the more I listen to it, the more I like it..... catchy.

It has leaked and it is great:wink:

The leak is not the greatest quality mind...certainly quite listenable though.

Take a Bow, City of Delusion, Invincible, Map of the Problematique are all favourites so far.

Hoodoo is quite different, has a good bit of Spanish guitar.

Last edited:
After hearing the single, and seeing the video, I'm not sure what to think, but I'm fully into giving the album all the chance possible.

U2IrishOne said:
After hearing the single, and seeing the video, I'm not sure what to think, but I'm fully into giving the album all the chance possible.

I love SMBH but I reckon the rest of the album is better and quite different from Supermassive.

martha said:
When will it be released?

July 3 in the UK. July 11 in the US.

BTW, Supermassive Black Hole will not be the first single in the US, it will be Knights of Cydonia. Both songs are amazing, so whatever. I had thought they were doing that because Supermassive Black Hole is so weird, but I certainly wouldn't consider Knights of Cydonia to be normal.

Queen Bee said:

How's the quality on a scale from 1 to 10? I might just wait until I have the real thing in my possession. Not that I'm an audiophile or anything :shifty:

If 10 is crystal clear studio quality, 5 is a normal audience bootleg, and 1 is clips of U2 songs recorded by talkative Spanish fans in Eze, I'd say it's about a 7-8. The leak I've downloaded is nothing special, not as clear or crisp as I'd like even though the MP3s are 320kbps, but still satisfactorily listenable.

How much of this is the actual production and how much is an imperfect rip, I'm not sure.

Somebody mentioned the rip had been equalised and was in mono...a better rip is bound to be out soonish though.

elevation2u said:
a teacher? ... some kind of vampire?

I teach elementary school, and if I'm gone due to staying out too late, I usually have to reteach everything when I get back. I can't effectively teach tired, so I like to only miss school for U2 or Bruce (and the occasional Rolling Stones show). :wink:

I have now heard five streaming songs (feel less guilty when it is just streaming):

Take a Bow
Starlight
Supermassive Black Hole
Exo-Politics
Knights of Cydonia

Unless the other 6 songs suck, this album is gonna be :drool:

Well, after listening to the album, I'm disappointed. Nothing at all stood out to me as excellent, and some of it was simply bad.

Glad I hadn't got my hopes up or anything.

Axver said:
Well, after listening to the album, I'm disappointed. Nothing at all stood out to me as excellent, and some of it was simply bad.

Did you listen to Knights of Cydonia?

bsp77 said:

Did you listen to Knights of Cydonia?

Yes. Wasn't very taken by it on the first listen, especially given the way I've seen it hyped.

Ah well, at least I can still go back and enjoy songs like Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome.

Axver said:

Is it really that bad? I like the songs I've heard, but I'm hanging on 'til it comes out rather than downloading (it makes me feel like a better fan :wink:).....

How would you rate it in comparison with their other albums?

^I think it is pretty good, wouldn't say it was as good as the last two though, but still great listening...Take A Bow, City of Delusion, Map of the Problematique and Hoodoo are all personal favourites as well as Starlight.

Total U2 Nut said:

Is it really that bad? I like the songs I've heard, but I'm hanging on 'til it comes out rather than downloading (it makes me feel like a better fan :wink:).....

How would you rate it in comparison with their other albums?

I wouldn't say it's bad; rather, I think it's best described as mediocre and average. I expected better from Muse, and I don't think this is as good as what's come before.

By the way, the live performance they did recently of Map Of The Problematique was way better than the studio version.

^ Oh, right... well, mediocre is better than bad... and I see that LJT thinks it's alright, so I guess I'm gonna have to wait and see....

Can't wait 'til it's released :hyper:

The US/Canada tour dates have been announced!

JULY
18th - Concourse at SF Design Center San Francisco CA
19th - Greek Theater Los Angeles CA
21st - Soma San Diego
22nd - Celebrity Theatre Phoenix AZ :combust:
24th - Fillmore Auditorium Denver CO
26th - State Theater Minneapolis
27th - Aragon Ballroom Chicago
28th - State Theater Detroit
30th - Docks Concert Hall Toronto ON
31st - Jacques Cartier Quay Montreal QC

AUGUST