The New Muse Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:combust:

I finally gave in and listened to the leak. I've been listening to it on repeat for a couple of hours. I'm enjoying it just as much as the last two albums. I'm loving the progression of their sound.

I've grown to adore Supermassive Black Hole since it leaked last month. Aside from SBH, my three favorite tracks are City of Delusion, Hoodoo, Knights of Cydonia. Though, there's honestly not one track on the album that I don't enjoy listening to or feel the desire to skip over.

The mix and match of musical genres is brilliant. There's a lot of western sounding stuff thrown in here and there on the album, and it seems like it wouldn't make sense or even work, but somehow it does. And it's completely awesome.

City Of Delusion is epic; it's got a Spanish guitar intro, trumpets, electric guitar, and my personal favorite, a string section. My friend described it as a space cowboy odyssey with strings, and I couldn't agree more. I know it sounds cheesy in print, but that's how it works. I would love to see how this song translates live setting, especially due to the use of new instruments. I'm gunning for an orchestra :drool:

Hoodoo really struck me the first time I listened to it. It's absolutely gorgeous. It parallels Butterflies & Hurricanes, but only in that they both start out mellow and lead to a heavy culmination of electric guitar and piano. Only with Hoodoo, you've got a string section added to the mix. I was talking to a friend and we both agree that the track almost sounds like an offshoot of Nancy Sinatra's "Bang Bang." Seriously.

Knights of Cydonia is the perfect closer for the album. I can't get over the awesome intro. Come on, you've got horses neighing and laser guns! Where did they come up with that and why does it work so well?

Awesome album.

Oh, and iTunes is offering some extras if you pre-order the album. This seems to be limited to the UK seeing as I can't find anything about this at the US music store :grumpy:

From muselive.com:
Blackholes and Revelations is available to pre-order on iTunes. If you pre-order you will recieve Glorious as a bonus track, also included is SMBH video and an interactive booklet.

Last edited:
martha said:

Someone tall and handsome has called me on my repetition of "I can stop anytime." :shifty: So unless they add a show on the 20th at the Greek in LA, I ain't seein' 'em this time around either. :sad:

:lol:

You can stop anytime while I'm all talk and no action. :wink:

Damien Rice dropped out of ACL, and it appears Muse is taking his place.

So I get to see my second Muse show in September :up:

inmyplace13 said:
Damien Rice dropped out of ACL, and it appears Muse is taking his place.

So I get to see my second Muse show in September :up:

Awesome :up:. I'm going to my second Muse show in 24 days :drool:

hippy said:
I'm LOVING "City of Delusion" and "Hoodoo" :drool:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I really can't get enough of the City of Delusion. It blows me away every single time I listen to it.

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge with everyone, but there's a special edition of the album that includes the Absolution Tour DVD as a bonus disc for the US release. It's the same DVD that was released in the UK last December, only it's finally in region 1 format for us. Just placed my pre-order :drool:

DVD: Absolution Tour
From their Main Stage performance at Reading in 2002 through to an incendiary performance on Glastonbury's Main Stage in 2004, Muse cemented their position as one of the UK's leading live acts. This DVD compiles the highlights from the 18-month long Absolution Tour and includes footage from their triumphant two night stand at London's Earls Court along with some of the best moments from the band's US tour.

Tracklist:
1. Hysteria
2. New Born
3. Sing For Absolution
4. Muscle Museum
5. Apocalypse Please
6. Ruled By Secrecy
7. Sunburn
8. Butterflies and Hurricanes
9. Bliss
10. Time Is Running Out
11. Plug In Baby
12. Blackout

grumpybump.gif

Nine performances from Muse's Shepard's Bush gig are available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D8A66C38023A7E5A

And six from a Paris gig that airred on French TV: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F9F95BFF3024C988

Awesome peak of what their current tour is like and how well the album's songs are transforming live.

Knights Of Cydonia :drool:

THey also did a little show for AOL Sessions. Not as good as the SB show, but not that bad overall. Starlight was performed (as seen briefly in the interview video) but it's not available on the site :grumpy:

Last edited:
I have to say that The Muse disappointed me with this new album.
I like them very much, i live in Rome and the I'll surely go to see their concert in here on the 1st of December.
I like them most of all for their masterpiece Absolution that made me know them through songs like Butterflies and Hurricanes.
This new album is quite easy-listening to me. It has really beautiful songs like Map of the problematique, Knigths of Cydonia, Soldier's poem and City of delusion that gives "that something more" to the album. I have to say I expected something better comparing to their great musical past.

Their show in LA this Wednesday and is sold out. I'm trying for tickets on CL but haven't come up with anything. Argh!!! :mad:

Berto87 said:
That video was the greatest piece of cinema ever crafted by man, beast, or god.

That actually was pretty damn cool. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly meets Kung Fu meets Flash Gordon. :drool:

Giving the album its first play right now. We'll see how this goes.

The intro to Take A Bow is already reminding me of Bliss, New Born, etc.

That's...uh....quite the video.

I'm impressed they kept it 6 mins. I'm surprised they didn't go with Starlight as the second single though.

If there's a Knights of Cydonia vid, wouldn't it be the new single? :huh:

Anyone watched the Limited Edition DVD yet? It looks quite impressive, one of the best recent "bonus" items I can think of (tons of performances for a few bucks extra).

u2popmofo said:
If there's a Knights of Cydonia vid, wouldn't it be the new single? :huh:

Anyone watched the Limited Edition DVD yet? It looks quite impressive, one of the best recent "bonus" items I can think of (tons of performances for a few bucks extra).

Yeah, but it's only the first single for US/Canada. It's yet to be released in the UK. I think I read somewhere it's going to be their 4th single overseas.

The Glastonbury concert is my favorite so I was thrilled that it was included with the special edition. I wish they had included Stockholm Syndrome on the DVD. It's definitely the best performance from that concert. They have a jam at the end like the one seen in the bonus performance from Earl's Court, only it's not edited into a lot of shots and is extended by 2 minutes or so. YouTube linkage here The 6 minute mark to the end is pure awesome :drool:

Also really enjoyed seeing the bonus performances of Fury and The Groove on the DVD. Two of my favorite b-sides :up:

Back
Top Bottom