The new Kanye West track is quite underwhelming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree...especially in comparison to the other lead singles from his previous albums..I beleive they were "through the Wire" and "Gold Digger...both were stronger (pardon the pun) and more immediate...

This new one isn't terrible though...still better than alot of hip-hop out there.

It's a ripper....

Stronger is it called. It samples Daft Punk so I was hoping it would be class, and it certainly is....

One of the best songs I've heard all year.

It's not the lead single, either--that was "Can't Tell Me Nothin'." THAT was an awful song...

I rather liked Touch the Sky too (though I still muchly prefer Curtis Mayfield's Move On Up).

I haven't really gotten into Kanye much, though.

If you shout... said:
It's not the lead single, either--that was "Can't Tell Me Nothin'." THAT was an awful song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAzkKUPaVlA

I don't know, I think I actually like it better. I think the lyrics are better than Stronger, and I think the sample meshes better with his vocals. In Stronger, I feel like the sample is the most interesting part. It's still an odd choice for a lead single, though. I would've expected something harder hitting.

COBL_04 said:
I loved Touch the Sky.

I HATED Goldigger.

I used to feel that way...

I LOVE Touch The Sky now, and I can tolerate Gold Digger. At least it has a good sample and some clever lyrics.

got_edge said:
I wonder what the next album will be called...

Confirmed several years ago, the final album in the tetralogy (which he has often claimed will be his final album ever, although nobody should believe that hoo-ha) will be called Good-ass Job, hyphen and all.

Best title ever...?

Yes. Yes, it is.

You guys need to hear Drive Slow from Late Registration. Now that's a catchy song.

The new song is alright, nothing special.

LemonMacPhisto said:
You guys need to hear Drive Slow from Late Registration. Now that's a catchy song.

Paul Wall :yuck:

paulwallpic.jpg

My mind has blocked out the fact that he's in this song. It makes for a better listening experience. :up:

A good Daft Punk song sampled and combined with a shitty chorus with a synth chord breakdown.

Fucking horrible song, don't kid yourselves.

I listened to College Dropout (for the first time) and Late Registration today, both are really good records. I'm pretty worried about Graduation...supposedly, it's going to be shorter at 14-15 tracks, which could be a good thing, but there certainly isn't an All Falls Down or Touch The Sky here yet... :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom