The New English Footy Discussion Thread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #346
Refugee

Local Time: 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Party Boy

I just realised its near impossible for you to have an idea on how good/bad some of these European countries are at soccer. I imagine its a little harder for you.

Tell you what, if you send 10/11 fixtures from local Canadian league (and you can keep track of results), then we can use them as a weeks prediction. Seems fair?

Sorry about the S at end of Capers.. clearly I had food on mind...
canadian league

i actually dont think we really have one surprisingly or one that i could actually follow. i think most of our players that don't play in europe play in the MLS. (which i don't follow @ all). but supposedly if the plans go through for a soccer specific stadium here in toronto we may be getting an MLS team in a few years.

ok...i amend that...after looking on the national soccer association website there is 5 canadian teams in the USL first division .

i'll be ok...i'm just doing it for fun. but thanks fo rthe offer.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:34 AM   #347
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by babyman

yeah, you definitely need a keeper, but buffon is tough to have, i think he'll never leave juventus! giggs is about to sign for other 3 years? wow, but who knows if he will last on his standards until 2008? i hope for him! i think you've got some players who have done their times, keano, neville,silvestre for example, even van nistelrooy may have problems because of his injuries. but on the other hands you have 2 young wonderful players like rooney and ronaldo who can really become champions. maybe you'll need a couple of years and the purchase of some other players to come back again, chelsea seems to have taken the road which man utd has covered for all the past years. it seems difficult that they won't begin a winning cycle for the next 2-3 years........but one is sure........they won't win the champions league this season!
Giggsy has been trying for a new contract for a while now, but the idiot UTD bosses were only prepared to give him a 1 yr rolling-on deal, which was quite unfair really. Given how Giggs is our most decorated player ever, and after all the years of service he has given to the club, it's only right that he be given the deal he wants in this last contract. He really wants to beat Bobby Charlton's club appearence record too, and if he plays around 30 games for the next couple of seasons, he'll do it. I've got no reason to think that he wont. He's been ok with (major) injuries, all his career.
I just think it will be great for the club, having someone as good a player as Giggs, to retire in a few years, after been with the club since he was a boy - and winning everything possible. There's not that many players around that can say that. (Tho I think ur Paulo Maldini is one exception - has he only ever been with AC?)

Fergie is building a superb team right now. Sure, some of the players are fast approaching the twilight years of their career, but they're still gonna produce for some time yet. And with younger players like Rooney, and Ronaldo - there's no reason why we shouldnt be able to still compete with Chelsea and the rest of Europes big guns for the next few years.
There's also players like Liam Miller and David Bellion, who - whilst not being critically aclaimed just yet, do show great promise. Especially Bellion.
I remember it being the same when Scholesy, Beckham, Butt and the Nevilles became first team regulars - when many pundits (im looking at you Hansen) thought they were not good enough to be playing week in week out for UTD. And we all know how well they've done since!

So, as a UTD man - here's to Fergie AND Giggsy staying on - and here's hoping for a return to the top of the Domestic and European campaigns real soon!!

Old 03-22-2005, 04:39 AM   #348
Blue Crack Addict

So Jose's gonna have to stand in the dock pretty soon, to explain his actions after that 1st Barcelona C.L game.
UEFA could very well disqualify them from the tournament, and hand Barcelona the win by defaut. Tho I think that is highly unlikely. Chelsea will probably be hit with a 'big' fine...which Roman will pay, and ppl will forget about it!
Old 03-22-2005, 04:47 AM   #349
Refugee

Local Time: 02:32 PM
Best to just throw Chelsea out of the competition.....
Old 03-22-2005, 04:55 AM   #350
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
lol!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:59 AM   #351
Refugee

Quote:

watch your mouth. your just bitter.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:02 AM   #352
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweet Tart

watch your mouth. your just bitter.
well.. maybe just a little!! Still, I think Chelsea are giving themselves a bit of a bad name in European football at the moment. They might even take over from Man U and be the most hated team in the land!!

So, how are all the caperettes doing today?
Old 03-22-2005, 07:05 AM   #353
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
They might even take over from Man U and be the most hated team in the land!!

Old 03-22-2005, 08:34 AM   #354
Refugee

Quote:

well.. maybe just a little!! Still, I think Chelsea are giving themselves a bit of a bad name in European football at the moment. They might even take over from Man U and be the most hated team in the land!!

So, how are all the caperettes doing today?
caperettes

good...were doing very good. i'm actually flying back home in may so i'm quite excited.

and i honestly believe that if frisk hadn't retired none of this crap with uefa would be happening. they are a bunch of bandwagon jumpers. chelsea condemed the actions of the people who issued the death threats and drogba apologized. what else do they want us to do?

you woudn't have seen the english national team get the boot (had they not done that themselves )after the euro game and subsequent death threats. that's because that ref didn't retire.

we'll get a fine and more than likely a touchline ban for mourinho and clarke for the games against bayren. i don't see the point in booting the entire team outta the competion just cause jose shot his mouth off.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:29 AM   #355
Refugee

I think Chelsea should lose every game graciously for the rest of the season. Then if abromovich (sp) could bugger off back to Russia with all his roubles, it would be greatly appreciated by this Arsenal fan. Not too much to ask..
Old 03-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #356
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:32 PM
i think throwing chelsea out after the barcelona's fact is pure bullshit. this would create a dangerous precedent in the uefa history. how many recourses can we see then in the future? should then every team be thrown away just because of a referee approaching? as long as referee frisk doesn't say that chelsea tried to corrupt him or to intimidate him there's nothing to say or to make against the blues! that's it
Old 03-22-2005, 09:24 PM   #357
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:32 AM
Halifax Windjammers FC predictions (getting in late in the game)

Belgium 2 - 0 Bosnia-Herz'vina
Czech Rep 2 - 1 Finland
England 3 - 0 N Ireland
France 2 - 0 Switzerland
Israel 0 - 2 Rep of Ireland
Italy 3 - 1 Scotland
Poland 1 - 1 Azerbaijan
Romania 1 - 2 Holland
Turkey 2 - 2 Albania
Wales 2 - 1 Austria
Zambia 0 - 3 Congo

Bet on it.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:26 AM   #358
Blue Crack Addict

UTD's Chief Cun...sorry, Executive - has stated that Alex Ferguson is sackable, and it's not just a case of letting him remaining as long as he feels able to manage. "The pressure will be on next season" he says. Isn't there pressure every season??

I'll take this moment to list this:-

Alex Ferguson's Manchester UTD career stats:-

Took Charge - 6/11/1986
Total Games - 1,027
Won - 582
Lost - 192
Drawn - 253

Trophies:-

Premiership Title - 92/93, 93/94, 95/96, 96/97, 98/99, 99/00, 00/01, 02/03

F.A Cup - 90, 94, 96, 99, 2004

League Cup - 92

Champions League - 1999.....

Cup-Winners Cup - 91

Super Cup - 91

Inter-Continental Cup - 99

Charity Shield - 93, 94, 96, 97, 2003

Mr Gill - you dont sack someone with a record like that. They have earned the right to retire gracefully, when they feel the time is right.

So get bent
Old 03-23-2005, 01:58 AM   #359
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Halifax Windjammers FC predictions (getting in late in the game)

Bet on it.
Welcome! Your a few points behind everyone else but its easily clawed back with some incisive predicting...
Old 03-23-2005, 02:00 AM   #360
Blue Crack Addict

Party Boy - did u get my predictions ok for this weekend - I fucked up, cos I quoted what u posted, and just put my scores in.....