The New English Footy Discussion Thread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2005, 09:47 AM   #136
Refugee

Local Time: 07:18 PM
and also v proud of joey cole for beating 2 defenders to score our first and carvalho for killing the game with his first goal for chelsea.

Old 03-07-2005, 09:53 AM   #137
Refugee

Local Time: 12:18 AM
was that Joey coles first goal for chelsea? Am sure he has scored a few others this season... tho mostly from off the bench..

Old 03-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #138
Refugee

no... he has i think five on the season but it was the first of the game. it was carvalho's first for chelsea.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #139
Refugee

have you been reading ronaldinho's comments about Chelsea this week? Seems to be a bit of friction between Barcelona and Chelsea which should make for an interesting game tomorrow night..
Old 03-07-2005, 10:31 AM   #140
Refugee

he is so talking out of his arse. the only reason that they scored 2 goals against us last time was cause we were down to 10 men for most of the second half. (drogba ). we'll shut them out @ SB tomorrow.....i hope.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:37 AM   #141
Refugee

def. wasnt two bookable offences.. thats what you get sometimes in continental Europe football, lots of theatrics! Anyway, would be great if you beat them... (tho I dont want Chelsea to win European Cup!) - league cup and premiership is enough!!
Old 03-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #142
Refugee

yeah i know i didn't see the game but i heard that the second yellow really shouldn't have been given. but hey what can ya do?

i don't think we'll win the champs league this year but i do think we'll get past barca. well we might if there is a few upsets and teams like porto and psv get through to the next round but if we end up playing RM or one of the italian teams in the next round we'll probably go out.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #143
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweet Tart

i don't think we'll win the champs league this year but i do think we'll get past barca. well we might if there is a few upsets and teams like porto and psv get through to the next round but if we end up playing RM or one of the italian teams in the next round we'll probably go out.
Yeah totally agree.
I think we'll get past Barcelona and I think the bulsh*t they've come up with this week just shows they're frightened. If the boot had been on the other foot for the first leg and they'd gone down to ten men we would have taken them apart. The only thing that is troubling me is how much of a better team we look when Drogba plays but Kezman is in the form of his life so you never know. I don't think they'll get a terribly warm welcome after their arrogance (you'd think they were the most successful team in the history of the world - One European Cup that's it and we'll soon match that).

My hunch at the start of the season for the Champion's League was that we'd go out in an absolutely magic encounter against Milan or Madrid in the quarters or the semis (not flop out like last season) and then win it next season. I don't like this implication that the Premiership is far inferior to La Liga, I know which league I'd rather be watching every week.

I'd like to see Arsenal and Liverpool go through (and not just because they're two teams I would be confident of Chelsea beating in the latter stages) but I think it would be funny to watch Fergie turn red, besides which I'd quite like to see AC Milan at the Bridge later on.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:07 AM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:18 PM
Cant wait for tonight. I really think we can turn it around in Milan, with a performence akin to Turin 99'...
Old 03-08-2005, 04:32 AM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Won't Man U have to win something like 2-0 in Milan to get past?
Old 03-08-2005, 04:49 AM   #146
Refugee

a 2-1 win for Man U will also get them through as they will win on away goals...
Old 03-08-2005, 04:57 AM   #147
Refugee

though a 1-0 win for chelsea will also be enough to get them through.. two very tough games to call
Old 03-08-2005, 05:35 AM   #148
War Child

Local Time: 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Party Boy
a 2-1 win for Man U will also get them through as they will win on away goals...
that was my prediction as soon as the first leg ended...... i know Milan have been on a hot streak but they have not been scoring too many, 1-0 against United and Inter, and only 2 against an insipid Atalanta side.
Also, the defense might look solid as the fucking rock of Gibralter but don't forget it is an aging backline.
The bottom line is the absence of Shevchenko takes away half of Milan's attacking threat.

My gut feeling is a 2-1 win for United (hence qualification), but for that to materialise United have to be at their attacking best.....
Old 03-08-2005, 06:25 AM   #149
Refugee

i have a feeling that arse will lose and man utd and liverpool will go through.

i'm kinda scared and have a feeling that we will win today but will lose on aggregate. i see something like a 2 -1 for chelsea.

i hope i'm wrong.

other prediciton....lamps and duffer to score.

ps....have to stay away from here this afternoon cause i'm taping the game and i don't want to know the final score before i get to watch it.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:35 AM   #150
Refugee

hey Sweet Tart, 2-1 to Chelsea today will mean the game is tied overall, so will go to penalties. I cannot see Barcelona not scoring, which means Chelsea are going to have to score twice...

As for Arsenal, yeah am not that hopeful as we are missing too many good defensive players.. I think we will win but maybe only 2-1.. unfortunately Bayern will definitely score...