The New English Footie Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How can you say something so insane? Play Bent?

Play Johnson, the best English goalscorer around. Proven track record for over 3 seasons now, including in the Premiership. Last season spent most of it at the head of a 4-5-1 formation JUST LIKE the current England setup, ending up league 2nd top scorer.

Bent is a good player indeed, but is only ahead of AJ due to his position in the EPL. A further indication as to the stupidity of that fucking Swede, does no one remember the days of successful and talented internationals from lower leagues? Sven is a footballing tart, a bigot.

Read carefully. If Benty plays from the start, woo-hoo. If he's a last minute substitute, same. There's a clause in his Charlton contract about England appearances and payments to his, ahem, former club. Good enough for me.

Anyway no matter how badly England play they'll win. NI are awful.

OK I watched the last fifteen minutes of that match.

Even in those late stages England were terrible. If they played like that all game then really they didn't deserve to win and so they didn't. But NI played well, getting behind the England players a lot.

Amusing note: the commentators really couldn't identify any of the NI players except Healy, Quinn and Taylor. He'd go 'oh Northern Ireland come close again!' and leave it at that. :laugh:

SVEN MUST GO!

what kind of a formation was that? none of the players seemed to know any of their positions apart from SWP. hardly any chances created, NI seemed much more up for it than us. just an awful performance.

and the moment that summed Sven up once and for all............

Frank Lampard being replaced by Owen fucking Hargreaves :mad: :mad: :mad:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

how does england lose to northern ireland?!!?!? HOW?!?!

was owen supposed to be in the lineup? i was surprised to see that for whatever reason...i thought i heard he wouldn't be there for the game.

by almost all acounts, beckham was england's best player...for once.

this is terrible.

so help me out here...england has two more games left in their pool right? one against austria...and one against...who? certainly not poland, right? at least, i hope not anyway...

what do they have to do to qualify at this point??

THESE WERE EASY POINTS!

:angry:

and no, sven won't be canned. i can't see it happening, not even after these last two games.

ok. so last year we hammered NI 4-0 using what formation? yes that's right, you guessed it...4-4-2.

last night we played some fucked up 4-3-3/4-5-1 thing which has been played once in an unconvincing win against wales.

you do the math (as our american cousins like to say).

Sven won't resign but he's definitely trying his best to get sacked.

Sven can't win, really; a lot of people criticised him for not being adventurous enough and now he's gone and changed things they're berating him again.

The defeat wasn't all his fault, of course, but the media aren't going to look past that and realise how annoying it must be for players to play extra games for a paltry appearance fee. NI players dream about the wages that England players receive; they were definitely more up for it. At least Rooney seemed bothered.

That said 4-5-1 was utterly daft.

Anyway, it's the top teams who go through automatically, and the two best runners-up. The rest of the second placed teams will play off against each other. England can't finish lower than second in their group so they'll be in the play-offs at worst. They've got two games left, one more than the Poles, but Poland lead by five points which means England will have to win their remaining two games to be absolutely certain of qualification.

Can't believe france beat us,we just didn't play,mind you france weren't great either,but there were a few smiles in the stands when word came through that the north were beating england.I even had a laugh momentarily while trying to forget the slop that i was watching,than i thought what are you laughing at you fool,england will be at the world cup and ireland most probably won't.A bad day indeed

England is gonna qualify for sure....just cant believe with all the quality that they have they still managed to lose..bytheway am i the only one who thinks michael owen is ..not was ..IS shit..he was gr8 when he 1st came on the scene with his pace and all but now he's just not up there with the best...England need a new striker

and yeah england are waayyy overrated in my opinion..they have the players but just cant work together..and yeah sven aint goin anywhere...i dont think the FA is going to wanna pay him off esp when the cost is gonna be 12 milion pounds!!

Big Sam Allardyce has come top in a poll this week, of who the fans want to see replace Sven before the World Cup.
He would do a superb job if u ask me, after the changes he has made at Bolton....:up:

Back
Top Bottom