The New English Footie Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And my season ticket at Arsenal cost £885 - all league games plus 7 champions league or FA cup games - depending on what comes first. Works out at £34 a game. Its not bad I guess considering standard of football but these are the CHEAPEST season tickets available

Party Boy said:
Do you know that in Germany, the cost of a ticket to see Bayern Munich play is cheaper than it is to watch York City play?

That could be the reason why stadiums are starting to appear less full in the UK

I´ve seen VfB Stuttgart- Hertha BSC Berlin a few weeks ago, GRANDSTAND, 5 lines under my line the president was sitting, and the reporters were far from me about 10 metres! And I´ve got off just 33 euro!!
Nothing! In Germany it´s worth to go at stadiums, you really have a good time and you pay a very reasonable price.

well, what they say is that they will try to get you a similar seat for the same price. What I have heard from people i sit with is that the view is going to be worse in new stadium however price will stay the same.. for the first year.

My last game is at home to Blackburn on 26th this month. Next day am flying to Toronto for 3 weeks - back in time to get a flight home to Ireland for Christmas, so I have had to sell season ticket. Got £544 back for 16 games which is great. Shame the season I finally get a ticket (and last season at highbury too) I am moving to Toronto!

And they talk about the luck of the Irish!!

Party Boy said:

According to Roy "maddog" keane, neither have most Man Utd fans - only attended by the prawn sandwich brigade these days..

That was ages ago now! I reckon they've all forgiven him!

It will be interesting to see if they are able to fill the extra seats that will be available from next season. Another 8000 I think are being added.

babyman said:

That Edge face became You now, I wouldn´t recognise you anymore!
That face is In you now!

:)

I always liked this photo of him. Ever since seeing it in that book by Eamon Dunphy (or whatever his name is!) He looks hard and cool at the same time!:wink:

Party Boy said:
Do you know that Eamon Dunphy used to play pro football in the UK? Definitely Millwall and god knows who else.

The man is an drunken eejit.

lol! No, that is news to me! I think that's the book that U2 didn't like or something?

Btw, Dumphy has spent a lot of the time on the panal during Irelands soccer games for years up to a few years ago when I think he appeared drunk. He famously got so pissed off during Ireland-v-Eygpt in World Cup 1990 (game was shite and finished 0-0) that afterwards he stated he was ashamed to be Irish while throwing his pen around the studio.

Toys were definitely out of the pram that day

Party Boy said:
Btw, Dumphy has spent a lot of the time on the panal during Irelands soccer games for years up to a few years ago when I think he appeared drunk. He famously got so pissed off during Ireland-v-Eygpt in World Cup 1990 (game was shite and finished 0-0) that afterwards he stated he was ashamed to be Irish while throwing his pen around the studio.

Toys were definitely out of the pram that day

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom