The New English Footie Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was nearly in tears at the end of the game. And my throat wrecked from all the shouting I did during the last 20 mins when we constantly on the backfoot!

was a good game. got to the pub 2 hours early to get a good seat and have a fat pub lunch:drool:

i don't like either team but was glad chelsea lost. :)

So thoughts now turn to this weekend and the Internationals. England play Argentina, with both teams away from home. Any thoughts or predictions? I'll go with either a 1-1 draw or 1-0 defeat I think. I reckon Sven will piss about with the team once again, which will lead to an awful 2nd half performence.

I'm SO behind my team!:wink:

Party Boy said:
Internationals... complete waste of time. Really hate them as they just interrupt league season. I really dont think most people give two flying f**ks about international football!

Agree!!!!!

aard, in the end you´ve become happy, right??

:wink:

Well done, united!

It won´t last, that´s for sure, but it´s great to see that after years and years and years of Manchester United - Arsenal - Chelsea another team is coming up good.
Man Utd - Wigan becomes a top game, great!

Great news for Italy!

Uefa´s general director Olsson, says: "Italy in pole position to organize Euro 2012"
Yes! At todays votation in Malta, Greece and Turkey were voted off of the list.
Still in competition:
1 Italy (11 votes)

2 Croatia/Hungary (9 votes)

3 Ukraine/Poland (7 votes)

Bring the Euro to Italy!!!!!!

:wink:

Where would the games be held if it was in Italy?

I assume the final would be in Milan at the San Siro, but here's hoping it'd be at Stadia delle Alpi. :)

DaveC said:
Where would the games be held if it was in Italy?

I assume the final would be in Milan at the San Siro, but here's hoping it'd be at Stadia delle Alpi. :)

It could be San Siro, yes. But I rather think that if Euro 2012 will be hosted by Italy, the only place to have a final would be Rome.
The Stadiums can be these:

Milan, Stadio San Siro
Rome, Olympic Stadium
Turin, Stadio Delle Alpi
Genova, Stadio Luigi Ferraris
Neaples, Stadio San Paolo
Palermo, Stadio Renzo Barbera
Florence, Stadio Artemio Franchi
Verona, Stadio Bentegodi

But the problems are actually high, in fact no stadium in Italy is ruled following the Uefa conditions, like the stadiums in Germany or England, for example. The Euro 2012 would be a great opportunity to change them finally. I´ve been to a few german stadiums lately. I was in Munich (Allianz Arena), Stuttgart (Gottlieb Daimler Stadion), and Gelsenkirchen (Auf Schalke Arena). And next I´m planning to visit Frankfurt, Cologne and Berlin. Man, those were big things, next year there´s gonna be an incredible world cup!

Party Boy said:
Italian crowds in general seem to be on the low side - stadiums never seem to be sold out. Guess you could say the same for a lot of UK clubs now..

I'm sure I even saw a few empty seats at the Man U - Chelsea game?!:ohmy:

Party Boy said:
Italian crowds in general seem to be on the low side - stadiums never seem to be sold out.

In the past it wasn´t so. The reason because stadiums are getting empty in Italy are Pay-Tv´s and most of all the tickets costs. Figure it out, for a place at a curve you pay 30-35 euros and for a standplace you pay 60-80euros ..............:huh: :huh:
These are things that must get a mend, this is the problem in football, too much interests, there´s too much money flowing, and fans are taking it in their asses.
Anyway, a competition is everytime different, you have different fans coming all over the world or europe, the crowd is there, everytime.
I still remember the WorldCup in 1990 in Italy, it was a huge success although we lost against Argentina

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom