The new Britney Spears movie... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2002, 08:36 PM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:05 AM
The new Britney Spears movie...

I haven't even seen it and I'm already sick of it. I'm going to have to stay away from MTV until all the "hype" is over with. The movie looks really cheesy IMO.

Old 02-07-2002, 09:12 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Yeah it looks seriously stupid, if that's what they think teens are into i.e. girls falling off beds and friends laughing, torturing males by listening to nsync, throwing punches in the air and friends laughing, magically dancing and singing on stages with gfs...then I'm in no way a teen.

I hope it does as bad as glitter.

Old 02-07-2002, 10:47 PM   #3
The Fly

I would like it if U2 had been in it doing that.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:50 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:05 AM
I just don't get why studios (who are obviously very in touch with the Public as it were) seem to think that movies with vapid Pop Stars will be box office gold.
Even the ugly guy from NSYNC failed to capture viewers, so did Mariah, and Snoop Dogg on all his celluloid efforts. *sigh*

Someone needs to tell studio heads that that WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT about movies starring Pop Stars in roles where they become singers and ultimately sign that Makeup sponsorship but yet still retain their downhome values and continue to "keep it real" and remember where they came from.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:35 PM   #5
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel:
I just don't get why studios (who are obviously very in touch with the Public as it were) seem to think that movies with vapid Pop Stars will be box office gold.
Even the ugly guy from NSYNC failed to capture viewers, so did Mariah, and Snoop Dogg on all his celluloid efforts. *sigh*

Someone needs to tell studio heads that that WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT about movies starring Pop Stars in roles where they become singers and ultimately sign that Makeup sponsorship but yet still retain their downhome values and continue to "keep it real" and remember where they came from.
Do you mean the Ellen Degeneres lookin' guy of nsync? ha-ha is all I have to say to him.

Any popstars that attempt to sell themselves in the movie industry are obviously boxed out of their minds and somehow they always fail "keepin it real, fresh, clean" or whatever the new lingo is. I really don't think Britney will be any different.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:41 PM   #6
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by PrincessBadgirl:
Do you mean the Ellen Degeneres lookin' guy of nsync?
LoL. He does look like Ellen. He looks a little inbred, too.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:55 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I agree. Looks like a totally stupid movie. Anything Britney touches turns to crap.

Quote:
Originally posted by PrincessBadgirl:

I hope it does as bad as glitter.
Oh jeez.. I saw that movie on Tuesday (rented it to laugh at Mariah). Talk about not only the worst script I've ever seen in a movie, but also an incredibly stupid plot! They fastforward months in 2 minutes and don't hardly even make any distinctions to show they moved ahead in time, and make it totally confusing and unfollowable. And the best part was, they do weird little things and then they don't EVER explain them such as..

- Where on earth did the "I'm going to have a blob of silver paint on my body" thing come from?!
- How did she find her mother at the end of the movie?

Eesh. Bad movie. Zero stars.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 02-08-2002).]
Old 02-08-2002, 11:58 AM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Yes in an English mag here they were implyin Britty is a really good actress

BLAH BLAH ARGH""""

All that blonde hair tossin big tittied pink toe-nailed sugar sharp sing-into-hairbrush and admire my musical legs fuking everyone sit beside me in the car and sing fucking mountain songs JUST....AINT......ON!!!!!!!!

as tazmanian devil would say:

&$&(&*)%*(&")*0947807r977986(&^$*&()"&()*$)*_!(_!(_(_!

AMEN BROTHER!
Old 02-08-2002, 12:30 PM   #9
Acrobat

Here I come in defense of Britney. I think some of her songs are amusing,however I do not think she is all that talented when it comes to singing at all (although it may just be the songs they make her sing). You know how her voice is all weird? Anyway I am by no means one of her followers (I'm just about 21 fyi) however I must admit that I actually want to see that movie. And by seeing her on SNL I also must admit that I don't think is she that bad of an actress. Poor Briteny....everyone's against her
Old 02-08-2002, 12:45 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Poor Britney nothing. She can't sing, she can't write a song to save her life, and she certainly can't act. All she's selling is her body. In essence, she's a prostitute. I can't stand her or what she represents and I'll be very happy when her movie flops, her albums end up in bargain bins, and she shows up as a footnote on VH-1 "where are they now?"

Old 02-08-2002, 12:50 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Poor Britney nothing. She can't sing, she can't write a song to save her life, and she certainly can't act. All she's selling is her body. In essence, she's a prostitute. I can't stand her or what she represents and I'll be very happy when her movie flops, her albums end up in bargain bins, and she shows up as a footnote on VH-1 "where are they now?"

A little family fight here? Wonder what she says about you!
Old 02-08-2002, 01:01 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener:
A little family fight here? Wonder what she says about you!
You are cruising for a bruisin' young man!
Old 02-08-2002, 01:04 PM   #13
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
. In essence, she's a prostitute.
Now that's a real statement
Old 02-08-2002, 01:43 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:05 PM
Are you all a little green in here?
Seriously, what is your problem with Britney?
What has she ever done to you? Get over it, she is popular, she is entertaining, her net worth proves that people think so, and she is a cute girl. I am 23 years old, btw, and I like Britney, so what? I like to be entertained and she entertains me.
Calling her a prostitute doesn't make it true. Damn, if I had that body I would wear stuff like that. She's young, she wants to have fun, so what. Let her have her movie, so what if it flops. I bet a lot of people go to see it. Hell, I went to see On the Line with my friend, we liked it.
Anyway, I guess if ripping on Britney makes you feel better about yourself then go ahead.
It doesn't make what you say true.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:48 PM   #15
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways:

Calling her a prostitute doesn't make it true. .
I understood that as prostituting her career.