The new Apple iBooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Does anyone have one of these? Every time I see one, I practically drool. I started using a Mac last semester at school (I'm one of three editors of the literary magazine, and we design and lay out the mag on an iMac with Quark XPress and Adobe Illustrator now), and I really fell in love with it.

Additionally, a guy I was seeing for a little while had one of the 14.1" iBooks, and I did go over his apartment once or twice just to play with the computer. ;)

I really want to buy one, although I can't afford one yet, but: are there any serious problems with them? And does anyone know how I could get one with a CD-RW/DVD drive for less than $1200 USD?

One of my friends just got one (the lucky bastard! :mad:), and they are quite cool. We actually have it over here right now cause my brother is loading it up with all the cool software she might need. They are very cool. What I want is one of the new Powerbooks or a G4 tower. :drool:

Here are some pics as requested. :D

hub_topibook10072002.jpg

specs_top04302002.jpg

ibook.jpg

ibook.jpg

ive never used the iBook but the power book is awesome.
have no idea about prices though...

ooh we have one. correction, my husband does. :wink:

unfortunately pax, according to apple's site, the combo drive starts at $1299. (btw, that's the one my hubbie has.)

he looooooooooooves it. in fact, he's on it right now. :wave:

I totally need the combo drive--not so much for the DVD player, but definitely for the CD-RW. And I'll probably end up buying Office v.X for the Mac because I use PowerPoint a lot for school and I'm just so at home with Word.

I've been looking on eBay, but even the slightly older models (with 500 or 600mHz rather than the 700 or 800) are going for $900 or $1000. :(

paxetaurora said:

I've been looking on eBay, but even the slightly older models (with 500 or 600mHz rather than the 700 or 800) are going for $900 or $1000. :(

before i bought my present PC last september i toyed with getting a used mac off of ebay. there is a premium, across all platforms, on notebooks-they really dont decrease too much in value through their first 2 to 3 years it seems.

the older ibooks are expensive because they don't depreciate. my husband bought his last july, and could probably sell it for almost the entire price he paid for it. he could possibly even stand to make a small profit, although given that he had to get an apple loan, i doubt it. :D

Back
Top Bottom