The NEW and improved English Football Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anyone else watching the super cup final? i can't believe benitez just brought cisse on with ten minutes to go. he scored after being on the pitch for about 2 minutes -- why not just play him from the kick off?

lets place bets on how soon Graeme Souness will get sacked. i give him 3 more games.

(p.s. i think i'm still hungover from the Reading festival:sick: )

Aardvark747 said:

How were Maiden?:rockon:

can't say i'm into cheesy metal music :wink:

watched the futureheads and went back to my tent, i could hear them still cos they were that loud. heard Run To The Hills word for word from the relaxed atmosphere of my tent.

Owen has gone to Newcastle!!!

All bets on Souness being sacked are off for the time being!

Told u Newcastle had him a few pages ago!
Why the Fu....
Newcastle!!!!
and he thinks that will improve his chances in the England squad!?

reptile said:
Told u Newcastle had him a few pages ago!
Why the Fu....
Newcastle!!!!
and he thinks that will improve his chances in the England squad!?

Sven adores him, he wont pick anyone ahead of him anyway. His place next to Rooney is safe.

Aardvark747 said:

Sven adores him, he wont pick anyone ahead of him anyway. His place next to Rooney is safe.

you had to mention fucking Rooney didnt you (sorry the wounds are still fresh)
Wht didnt sven pick martyn in goals instead of the WBA keeper for gods sake?

newcastle offer owen the thing he wants most - guarenteed first team football. he'll probably move again next summer.

Ipswich have signed Jay McEveley on a season long loan. I'm quite pleased, he's played quite well every time I've seen him and he should help our awful defence. I find it a bit odd that Blackburn's three youngsters who were pretty impressive in previous years (Gallagher, McEveley and Douglas) have all gone on loan to Championship clubs. Can't quite cut it, perhaps, but I suppose they'll find their level here.

Jenas has gone to Spurs, making him their 10, 000th midfielder or something.

Arsenal have bought Poom, decent signing, but I doubt he'll actually play much. Jenas would've been handier, I suppose.

Eirik Bakke joins Villa from Leeds. On loan. Quite a weird situation for a lower division club to lend its' players to a top flight team.

Oh yeah, and Newcastle have a new striker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom