The NEW and improved English Football Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we beat the arse.....:dancing: YAY!!!!!!!

and in other chelsea news.... frankie lampard and his gf had a baby girl last night. :cute:

Everton are planning a sneaky late bid for Michael Owen, apparently around the 11million figure.

This would be superb for the rivalry up there! Tho I can't see it happening myself - he'll head back to the Kop.

Newcastle say they've agreed a 18million fee with madrid,but it's now up to the player.He certainly won't be going back to liverpool at that price

claytons edge said:
Newcastle say they've agreed a 18million fee with madrid,but it's now up to the player.He certainly won't be going back to liverpool at that price

Dear god - 18million?! That is far too much. I'd say out of the 3 clubs after him, Newcastle probably need him the most. The general opinions about the club right now I think, are that they desperatly need lifting in some way or another.
Owen coming to them would be superb, and he would def. get them 20 goals + a season, but I think the vibe surrounding the club as a whole is probably putting him off heading there.

That and the fact he wants to be playing European football.

I reckon he will be waiting to see what happens in Everton's last qualifier tonight, and if they make it thru, who knows....:shrug:

As a neutral tho, I'd love to see him go to Everton, just for that first moment when he walks out onto the Anfield pitch, dressed in blue!:rockon:

:wink:

blueeyedgirl said:

We're doing very nicely. We're FUCKIN' TOP OF THE TABLE, that's what!!!!!!! :rockon: :yes: :love: :happy: :up: :hyper:
Yeah, i just saw that.
Wont last long though.
Still, enjoy it while you can.
:whistle:

Aardvark747 said:

Tho saying that, didnt Owen support the Toffees as a boy?:hmm:
Yes he did. as did most of the (english based) LFC squad past and present.... i have just read that Owen has indeed signed for Newcastle!!!!????
Why?:crazy:

Aardvark747 said:

Until tonight of course....:sexywink:

When no doubt Chelsea will leapfrog US and net the top spot!!:mad: :madspit:

you are correct sir. we are top of the table....the way it's suppose to be. :p

Party Boy said:
Champions league draw in one minutes time! what odds liverpool & Chelsea in same group!?

It's just happened I'm prepared to shout fix personally they must want the group stages to be more interesting this year, Lyon and Madrid have been drawn together.

The full draw is:

Group A

Bayern Munich

Juventus

Rapid Vienna

Bruges

Group B

Arsenal

Ajax

Sparta Prague

Thun

Group C

Barcelona

Panathinaikos

Werder Bremen

Udinese

Group D

Man United

Villarreal

Lille

Benfica

Group E

Milan

PSV Eindhoven

Schalke

Fenerbahce

Group F

Real Madrid

Lyon

Olympiacos

Rosenborg

Group G

Liverpool

Chelsea

Anderlecht

Real Betis

Group H

Internazionale

Porto

Rangers

Artmedia Bratislava

of course aresnal got a insanely easy group. and even though we didn't get one of the big top seeds we still have an overall difficult group.

here's hoping us and betis gets through. :evil:

I think we got a good group. Chelsea should def progress while I reckon the last spot is between real betis (who arent that bad) and Liverpool. Man U should go through with few problems. What odds Forlan scoring a few against the mancs!!

yeah even if liverpool get through i'm hoping they get drawn with barca or real madrid in the next round and watch them get squashed. :giggle:

Actually Sweet Tart, glad your here. Question for you (non footie related).. looks like i am moving to Toronto with with in a few months for 3 years. Good place I hear? As your Canadian, anything I should think about before I sign on dotted line?

Party Boy said:
Actually Sweet Tart, glad your here. Question for you (non footie related).. looks like i am moving to Toronto with with in a few months for 3 years. Good place I hear? As your Canadian, anything I should think about before I sign on dotted line?

not really...toronto is a great place to live. a bit smoggy but other than that i love it here. rent is quite expensive but not as bad as placed like new york or anything.

there is lots to do and see and its a great place to live if you want to check out the rest of canada as this is the main hub airport and you can get somewhat reasonable priced flights to anywhere in canada you wanna go. and by reasonable i mean by canadian flight standards which a generally shitty cause we have basically 4 airlines for the whole country.

i'm sure you'll really like it here. canada is a great country to live in. :yes:

if you have any other questions feel free to ask and i'll do my best. as i'm not a premium member i don't think you can PM me but you can email me at pookie182@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom