The NEW and improved English Football Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice 3-0 win last nite. Could've had more tho. Rooney & Ronaldo are looking like they're gonna hit top form this season. And Park def. looks promising too....

1stepcloser said:
good player still though.

i think he should partner John Terry at the back for England. sorry Sol......

most definately it should be rio and JT but will sven listen when sol is fit to play. probably not.

Sol should retire from the England team gracefully.

Btw I was trying to remember last nite, am I right in thinking that Steve Bruce never got an England call up?

Aardvark747 said:
Sol should retire from the England team gracefully.

it's quite something when a player as commanding and as good as Sol campbell can't get into the England team

we're in great shape for the world cup as far as defence goes

very VERY good shape indeed
:wink:

Here is my England pick for the 1st game of the World Cup next year:-

Robinson

G. Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
A. Cole

Beckham (I wouldnt pick him myself, but Sven WILL so....)
Lampard
Gerrard
J.Cole

Owen
Rooney

Looking at that line up - we should have realistic expectations of getting to the final! That really is a great team (minus Becks):wink:

Woodgate celebrates his 1st anniversary of his move to Real Madrid this week. And WHAT a season he's had! A few days training every now and then, no gruelling 90 minutes of La Liga and £70,000 each week!

How cool!:cool:

Aardvark747 said:

Robinson

G. Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
A. Cole

Lampard
Gerrard
J.Cole

Owen
Rooney

Looking at that line up - we should have realistic expectations of getting to the final! That really is a great team (minus Becks):wink:

Is there anywhere I can save this post so we can drag it out in 2006 and have a good old laugh? :lol:

Any Charlton supporter here? A young portuguese center-back, Gonçalo Brandão, will be in loan to Charlton from my team, Belenenses.

I know him, he's a cool guy and he has a great future if he continues to have a good mind... :) has been the captain of the youth team and a all-time presence in Portuguese youth teams. He even scored a goal again F.C.Porto in his debut in the first team.

Good luck!

lovely...as expected they aren't playing the fucking wigan game here. and next week i'm sure the chelsea v arse game will be PPV. :scream: i've waited so long to see my boys, didn't see not one pre-season game including the community shield and now the EPL season starts and i still probably won't be able to see them for another 3 weeks at least. :madspit:

Neville v Neville. Cant wait.
Fuck rooney!
(sorry)
Really though.
Once a blue always a blue my arse!
I know; get over it, but whats the game come to?
Money, money ,money
Must be funny
...........:mad: :sad:

Sweet Tart said:
lovely...as expected they aren't playing the fucking wigan game here. and next week i'm sure the chelsea v arse game will be PPV. :scream: i've waited so long to see my boys, didn't see not one pre-season game including the community shield and now the EPL season starts and i still probably won't be able to see them for another 3 weeks at least. :madspit:

i get no footie on tv here:mad: none at all:mad: :mad:

Aardvark747 said:

Robinson

G. Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
A. Cole

Lampard
Gerrard
J.Cole

Owen
Rooney

That is... if and only if you make it to the World Cup this time around... :mac:

Back
Top Bottom