THe NCAA Basketball 2003-2004 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've known drew nicholas for years... well he's not there anymore... but yea

they've got a decent squad this year... but i'm gonna go with tech on this one.

this year's just nutty... whoever placed money on the eventual national champ before the season's gonna be a very rich man... everyone's beatin' everyone

I hate the women. mainly because i know and dislike geno's kid. played on baseball teams with him and he lives near me.... 5 minutes away on a bike... also goes to mys chool.

but i do like the mens team. okefor. all you need to say

The #1 ranking has been a curse so far this year.
Very wide open, a dozen teams could have what it takes come March, we'll have to see which team peaks at the right time.

Seabird said:

:up:

:bow: J.J. Redick :bow:

So I went to the Oklahoma/Missouri game on Saturday. It was fun, and quite frankly, I'm glad Missouri won. OU doesn't deserve to win another game until they can learn to run a real offense. And no real offense has Jabahri Brown handling the ball near the three point line. :D

This is going to be a crazy March. I agree that it's all about whoever gets hot at the right time. It could be just about anybody right now.

champaign dreams.....

I would like to live in a town with a final four team...just not sure if ANYTHING from the Big Ten will be succeed this year.

There has been some great basketball going on in the ACC the past week or two, which is no surprise. The ACC is always where it's at. Anyway, has anyone else been watching it? Duke-Maryland, UNC-FSU, and UNC-NCSt. have all been excellent, and Duke plays Florida State tonight. :up: Just thought I'd mention it and keep this thread alive. :wink:

zoney! said:
champaign dreams.....

I would like to live in a town with a final four team...just not sure if ANYTHING from the Big Ten will be succeed this year.

people always underestimate the big 10, then they do well in the tournament. the style of the big 10 is how you need to play to do well in the tourney. i could see michigan st making a nice run in the tourney.

and living in a college town where they make a run to the final four is amazing. indiana was lucky enough to make it to the championship game a couple years ago and those were the best couple weeks i had at college. it was absolutely crazy, if you wanted to watch a game at a bar you had to be there by noon, for an 8pm game, or else you wouldnt be able to get in. after the games 30,000 people would pack into the streets with all the bars, it was like mardi gras. i feel very fortunate to have been able to experience a final four run while attending school.

illini is inconsistent

they can be great, or they can be bad, if they can play at their top level throughout the tournament they could make some noise

but because of their poor road play i dont see them making the final four this year

louisville took one on the chin last night...

strange season... there's so much parity out there are at least 15 teams with a legit shot at the ncaa title. duke is still my favorite, but i wouldn't be shocked if a team like stanford, georgia tech, louisville, st. joe's, gonzaga, pitt, uconn or mississippi state winning it all...

can you feel the madness brewing...

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

can you feel the madness brewing...

I definitely can. :up:

Also:

--Yes, the ACC rocks. You should hear Big XII fans try to tell me otherwise! :tsk:

--That's crazy that your town was transformed when the team went to the final four. OU went (was it last year? the year before? see, i don't even know) and nothing really happened here. People were happy about it, but football is everything. After the OU/Missouri game, I turned on sports radio to hear some analysis of the game, but they were talking about our incoming football recruiting class. That says a lot right there, I think.

Chizip said:
illini is inconsistent

they can be great, or they can be bad, if they can play at their top level throughout the tournament they could make some noise

but because of their poor road play i dont see them making the final four this year

Couldn't agree more! :up:

Back
Top Bottom