The NBA Thread - Post Finals, Draft and Free Agency Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Austin Croshere is probably going to the Mavs for Marquis Daniels.

what's the Basketball Jesus doing? :shrug:

namkcuR said:
What the Bulls have done with this signing is given themselves a shot to get at least to the Conference Finals

keep telling yourself that...

the thing that basketball players lose first... what they lose the quickest... is their explosiveness. ben wallace's entire game is based on his explosive athleticism, and anyone with half a clue could already clearly see last year that it was begining to slip. the man has no obvious basketball skills besides his athleticism.

so the bulls will be paying 15+ million dollars per year for the worst offensive player in basketball, and a guy who can't guard shaq, yao, duncan, garnett, brand, nowitzki, or any other of the premier centers in the league.

but if you want a guy who can shut down eddy curry and eric dampier, hey... you got your man.

I've got to say, I like the Quisy for Croshere move. Marquis wouldn't get much playing time in Avery's rotation, and his contract was too big for a guy who would get minimal minutes. Croshere is basically KVH with better rebounding, so it's a slight (and I do mean slight) upgrade over Keith, as well as an expiring contract if things don't work out.

Hopefully Maurice Ager develops as quickly as Josh did so he can make an instant contribution. He lit it up in the summer league game I went to last Saturday, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

keep telling yourself that...

the thing that basketball players lose first... what they lose the quickest... is their explosiveness. ben wallace's entire game is based on his explosive athleticism, and anyone with half a clue could already clearly see last year that it was begining to slip. the man has no obvious basketball skills besides his athleticism.

so the bulls will be paying 15+ million dollars per year for the worst offensive player in basketball, and a guy who can't guard shaq, yao, duncan, garnett, brand, nowitzki, or any other of the premier centers in the league.

but if you want a guy who can shut down eddy curry and eric dampier, hey... you got your man.

Nobody can guard Shaq.

And it is absurd to say that Ben Wallace is the worst offensive player in basketball. Tyson Chandler is much worse. And there are a handful of guys in Tyson's category - those who can't handle the ball, those who can barely catch the ball, those who have no offensive game at all. Ben can at least catch the ball and put up ten garbage points per game.

Anyway, you've made your dislike of the Pistons very clear many times - you've never a had a single kind word to say about them - so it's no surprise that Ben Wallace doesn't excite or impress you.

And you're a Knicks fan - you're so used to bad contracts and cap hell....I honestly think you'd probably call any contract of that size that was given to anyone not named Kobe, LeBron, or Wade an 'awful' contract.

About the ECF....I've heard a whole lot of people predict the ECF for the Bulls this coming season...I've heard some who have said they're not so sure...but you're the only one I've heard say 'no way'.

Would it have been better for the Pistons to resign Wallace anways? :shrug:

namkcuR said:

Nobody can guard Shaq.

And it is absurd to say that Ben Wallace is the worst offensive player in basketball. Tyson Chandler is much worse. And there are a handful of guys in Tyson's category - those who can't handle the ball, those who can barely catch the ball, those who have no offensive game at all. Ben can at least catch the ball and put up ten garbage points per game.

Anyway, you've made your dislike of the Pistons very clear many times - you've never a had a single kind word to say about them - so it's no surprise that Ben Wallace doesn't excite or impress you.

And you're a Knicks fan - you're so used to bad contracts and cap hell....I honestly think you'd probably call any contract of that size that was given to anyone not named Kobe, LeBron, or Wade an 'awful' contract.

About the ECF....I've heard a whole lot of people predict the ECF for the Bulls this coming season...I've heard some who have said they're not so sure...but you're the only one I've heard say 'no way'.

ben wallace has never averaged 10 points per game in his life. the most he's averaged in his career was 9.7, and he's a career 6.6 per game scorer. so if you're expecting 10 garbage points out of him, you're going to be disapointed more often than satisfied. his offensive skills revolve around being able to dunk... that's it. he can't shoot, he has no post moves, he can't dribble. to be simple, he's simply a god awful offensive player.

now yes, i have a strong dislike for the current detroit pistons, with the exception of 'sheed, who i kinda like because he's so crazy. but i digress... ben wallace isn't a piston anymore. but he's still awful.

15 million per year for a 32 year old man who put up 7 and 11 last season. yea... great deal.

tyson chandler may be awful, as well. but he is only 24 years old. when ben wallace was 14 years old he was averaging 4.8 points and 8.2 rebounds per game... ironicly enough, very similar to the numbers tyson chandler just put up.

your comments that me being a knick fan makes me "blind" to bad contracts is rather silly, so i'll just ignore it. 15 million for a man who is incapable of averaging a double double per game, to me, is a bad contract. but maybe i'm just craaaaazy. maybe if wallace was putting up 15+ boards a game it wouldn't be so bad. maybe if alonzo mourning didn't average more blocks per game coming off the bench for miami, it wouldn't be so bad. yes, no one could guard shaq... but maybe if he could guard the rest of the guys i mentioned straight up, it wouldn't be so bad.

but he can't. so it's awful.

nazr mohammed to the pistons for 5 million dollars... that's a good contract. solid player, fills a need, contract that doesn't break the bank, leaves them with the flexability to make a trade if it doesn't work out. good contract.

there ya go... a nice thing about the pistons.

radmonivic to the lakers for 5 mill... good contract.

peja to new orleans for 60 mill over 5... bad contract. the guy breaks down every year.

nene resigning with denver for 60 over 6... strange contract. if he comes back healthy, good contract. if he battles knee problems the rest of his career, awful contract.

and i won't say no way for sure to the bulls making the eastern conference finals... they could always pawn some of their young guys off for garnett, if minnesota is stupid, which kevin mchale has shown to be in the past... but short of that, yea... no way.

oh, and
It's not what's going to get the Bulls past that first round.
-scoop jackson, espn.com writer... bulls fan

make that 3

but hey... maybe pj brown can power bomb dwyane wade into the front row the way he did to charlie ward. ya got that to look forward to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom