The NBA Thread - Post Finals, Draft and Free Agency Edition - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-03-2006, 10:02 PM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 11:55 PM
ESPN is reporting that Big Ben Wallace has informed the Detroit Pistons that he will sign a 4yr/60M deal with the Chicago Bulls.

YES!!!!!
__________________

__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 07-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #77
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 10:55 PM
Da Bulls?
Da Bulls
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 11:55 PM
Oh well. Enjoy him this year and next; there are no guarantees as to whether he'll still be any good after that.
__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 07-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #79
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,457
Local Time: 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
Oh well. Enjoy him this year and next; there are no guarantees as to whether he'll still be any good after that.
i can't wait to see chicago throw wallace, tyrus thomas and tyson chandler out on the court together, just to see if an NBA team can operate with three god awful offensive players on the floor at the same time.

60 million dollars for ben wallace ... bill russell must want to kill himself. on a side note, i heard isiah negotiated the contract for the bulls, free of charge. true story.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 07-05-2006, 01:30 AM   #80
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 10:55 PM
Tyson Chandler was traded to New Orleans for JR Smith and PJ Brown.

I really can't see many other teams better than the Bulls right now.

They did overpay Ben Wallace, but what can you do
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-05-2006, 01:46 AM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Tyson Chandler was traded to New Orleans for JR Smith and PJ Brown.

I really can't see many other teams better than the Bulls right now.

They did overpay Ben Wallace, but what can you do
The Chandler trade isn't official and JR Smith might not be involved at all.

Right now the only things known for sure are that Chandler and Brown are principles.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 07-05-2006, 01:48 AM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


i can't wait to see chicago throw wallace, tyrus thomas and tyson chandler out on the court together, just to see if an NBA team can operate with three god awful offensive players on the floor at the same time.

60 million dollars for ben wallace ... bill russell must want to kill himself. on a side note, i heard isiah negotiated the contract for the bulls, free of charge. true story.
The contract isn't that bad. Besides, this was the last major cap space we were going to have for the next four or so years, so might as well spend while we have it on the best FA availabe.

We don't know how good(or not) Tyrus will be in the NBA, and Chandler will be traded.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 07-05-2006, 07:31 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,496
Local Time: 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR


Lakers, Radmanovic agree to 5yr/30M deal
10PPG
4.5RPG
6 Million Per Year

Only in America
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 07-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR


We don't know how good(or not) Tyrus will be in the NBA, and Chandler will be traded.
How could Chandler not be traded? He's a bust.
__________________
WildHoneyAlways is offline  
Old 07-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #85
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,457
Local Time: 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR


The contract isn't that bad. Besides, this was the last major cap space we were going to have for the next four or so years, so might as well spend while we have it on the best FA availabe.
the contract is awful. i'm trying to figure out how you can say that radmonovic's contract is so bad, yet wallace's is good... we're talking of a man who's entire worth is based around his athletic ability on defense, who's now in his low 30s and has shown signs of losing said athleticism.

15 million per year a declining 7 and 11. now THAT is something you'll only see in america. on the last year of this contract, 35 year old ben wallace will be at around 5 and 8 per game. for 15 million per... unless of course it's backloaded, which many NBA deals are, in which case it'll be 5 and 8 for around 17 or 18 mill per year.

isiah would be proud.

here's the lovely thing about cap room... you don't have to use it. you can save it for next year. so now when big ben is averaging 5 and 8, getting paid 18 mill per, the bulls have a choice to either go way over the cap to resign all their young guys, thus killing their cap for another 10 years, or they let the young guys go and start from scratch yet again.

yup... isiah would be proud.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 07-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #86
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,457
Local Time: 11:55 PM
scoop jackson, who i don't really like, put it best here... now remember, he's a chicago guy, a bulls fan...

Quote:
The reality that we in Chicago must wake up to now is that unless the Bulls replace Tyson Chandler with someone who can score in the post, the Ben Wallace deal is just an extraordinary waste of money.

Yes, it would be lovely to have Wallace in white, trimmed in red and black in Tyson's old uniform (No. 3), landlording the lane, but without someone in the four-spot putting the ball in the hole at a 15- to 18-ppg clip, the offer the Bulls just gave Wallace would be equivalent to Warren Buffett giving his billions to the James and Kristin Dolan Foundation instead of Bill and Melinda's.

Putting Wallace and his career 6.6 points per game (4.7 in the playoffs this year) at center alongside Chandler's career 7.1 ppg (and just 1.8 in the playoffs) is not the tandem that's going to make the Heat, Cavs, Pistons (especially since they immediately replaced Wallace with Nazr Mohammed), Wizards, Nets or any other team the Bulls might face in May feel shook. It's not what's going to get the Bulls past that first round.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 07-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #87
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 10:55 PM
maybe the Bulls are trying to stockpile for a potential Kevin Garnett trade later this season?

I don't see KG wanting to waste anymore of his prime in the wasteland of the Minnesota Timberwolves unless Randy Foye turns out to be a great player and they get some more shooters/ defenders
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


the contract is awful. i'm trying to figure out how you can say that radmonovic's contract is so bad, yet wallace's is good... we're talking of a man who's entire worth is based around his athletic ability on defense, who's now in his low 30s and has shown signs of losing said athleticism.

15 million per year a declining 7 and 11. now THAT is something you'll only see in america. on the last year of this contract, 35 year old ben wallace will be at around 5 and 8 per game. for 15 million per... unless of course it's backloaded, which many NBA deals are, in which case it'll be 5 and 8 for around 17 or 18 mill per year.

isiah would be proud.

here's the lovely thing about cap room... you don't have to use it. you can save it for next year. so now when big ben is averaging 5 and 8, getting paid 18 mill per, the bulls have a choice to either go way over the cap to resign all their young guys, thus killing their cap for another 10 years, or they let the young guys go and start from scratch yet again.

yup... isiah would be proud.
No, the contract really is not that bad. This is not like we locked him for six years, it's only four.

The consensus is that Big Ben has two quality years left in the tank(three if we're lucky), that Tyrus Thomas will be contributing a lot by the third year of Ben's contract, and in the fourth year, Ben will be an expiring contract.

Ben will also be a positive influence on Tyrus - most Bulls fans I've come across seem to think Tyrus can learn a lot from Big Ben.

I've seen a whole lot of people - both fan and professional - say that the Bulls will be the #2 team in the East this season, after Miami(assuming that the Pistons will drop to being a 5/6 seed because of their loss), and that they'll get to the Conference Finals. Of course just the fact that people are saying it doesn't mean anything. I'm just saying, if a lot of people are saying it, it can't be completely wrong.

Moreover, giving Ben this contract will in no way hinder our ability to resign Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, and Nocioni. Because our capspace in the coming years has to be used to resign the aforementioned players, we wouldn't have any sizeable cap space for the next four years anyway, so this signing really will not have any long term detrimental effect on our cap.

You of all people know how fucking surreal the Knicks' money situation is, so you of all people should know that the Bulls' money situation is light years away from it. Don't compare the two.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the market. Nene got $60M. It's the market. The reality is that Big Ben wasn't going to accept any contract smaller than $60M this summer. That's why Detroit's $48 wasn't good enough.

What the Bulls have done with this signing is given themselves a shot to get at least to the Conference Finals without in any way risking their future - unless you consider dumping Tyson Chandler's salary risking their future.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 07-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 11:55 PM
The Bulls have traded Tyson Chandler to the New Orleans/OK Hornets for PJ Brown and JR Smith.

Smith is a question mark, but PJ will be serviciable for maybe 10 and 8 this year, and his contract is up after this season. We are essentially ridding ourselves of having to pay Tyson Chandler an albatross contract for doing very little.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 07-06-2006, 03:11 AM   #90
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 05:55 PM
Quisy
__________________

__________________
impy13 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com