The Nature Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
I know there must be more folks on here who are fans of nature. I've always adored everything about it. The sky, the trees, plants, animals, weather etc. Use this thread to post what you like about nature, share pictures or whatever.

One of the things I've noticed over the years is how there is beauty in every aspect of nature. From something as stunning as a fall maple tree, to the electric greens of a mossy forest floor. Or how the bay can go from being a raging beast and then twelve hours later be as still as a whisper.

To be completely in awe when standing near a moose, or equally so when a small chickadee lands on my hand to take a sunflower seed.

So many things about nature to ponder and gush about..

Put it here if you feel like it :D

Last edited:
I bought a beautiful book today called "Stranger in The Woods".
Its a childrens book filled with photos of animals in the snowy woods.
Anyone who loves nature in winter would love it.

Awww :cute: i do! I :heart: it!

I only just saw this thread Raven! :D

I've loved how all the leaves lying on the ground look with all the sparkly frost on them! :wink: saw a robin look up at me from about 2 feet away ahhhh! :cute: i totally love all the trees around where i live too! They're all bare now tho' :(

It sounds nice GreenEyedGirl.

I love going snowshoeing when we get enough snow. Then there are the different types of snow. Regular, light snow. Then there's the heavier clumpy snowglobe snow. When it falls it makes the outdoors look like how a snowglobe looks. I love how snow grasps onto the trees as well... and I usually forget to duck a few times then wind up with a bunch of snow down my neck!

RavenBlue said:
I know there must be more folks on here who are fans of nature. I've always adored everything about it. The sky, the trees, plants, animals, weather etc. Use this thread to post what you like about nature, share pictures or whatever.

One of the things I've noticed over the years is how there is beauty in every aspect of nature. From something as stunning as a fall maple tree, to the electric greens of a mossy forest floor. Or how the bay can go from being a raging beast and then twelve hours later be as still as a whisper.

To be completely in awe when standing near a moose, or equally so when a small chickadee lands on my hand to take a sunflower seed.

So many things about nature to ponder and gush about..

Put it here if you feel like it :D

I almost missed the nature thread! For me, U2 and nature go hand-in-hand. I love the outdoors, and all of its creatures. Where I live in St. John's, you can walk close to the ocean or stroll through a park in the middle of the city, almost in the same breath. The weather here is the pits for much of the year, but it's full of character and contrasts. It's actually kind of cool, too, when the fog rolls in and you're hiking on the trail that meanders next to the sea behind Signal Hill. I usually go for a long walk or hike every day, with my mp3 player that's filled with an insane number of U2 songs.

I find when I'm next to the ocean, on a mountain top, or in a forested area, I get a real perspective on life. And doing that while listening to U2 is pretty heavenly...

Here's a pic taken above where I walk...you can make out part of the trail and stairs to the left. This is just minutes from the city of St. John's, which is pretty amazing.

iceberg-signal-hill.jpg

I love the smell after it rains and the colours of autumn, when all the leaves have fallen off the tree.

And I have never grown out of my love for when it snows. Despite it being a pain when you need to get to work or use your car, it always makes me happy. :)

Nature Lover here :hyper: !!!!

I love all the seasons, and everything about this big beautiful world. There really is so much that could be covered in this thread.....

The first snow fall every year sends me into a frenzy, and I bust out my santa hat, and take pictures...... ( :uhoh: )

But everything, everything is great. Every time of day, Day and Night, night and day, all of it.

The onlything I am reserved about are the bugs, mosquitos that seem to like me a lot. I just can't reciprocate the level of closeness that they desire. This..... disheartens me... but........

I'm just not that into bugs :uhoh:

Everything else, though, is fantastical.
Especially if you can share it with someone who appreciates it, too.............

Beautiful picture Angelordevil, I've always wanted to get up to NFLD .

There is something about fall and winter air too.. it sort of clings to your bones. Then when you come in it radiates from you for about an hour or so.

I've been trying over the years to even appreciate the bugs (it can be rough though eh FH) I love watching ants. They are incredibly organized and quite remarkable to watch. The only bugs that I still have problems with are wormy things... but I'm working on that.

Another thing is that you can always count on nature to be there. If I'm feeling down I either turn to music or nature.. or both.. because in reality they are the true medicine of the world.

RavenBlue said:
Beautiful picture Angelordevil, I've always wanted to get up to NFLD .

There is something about fall and winter air too.. it sort of clings to your bones. Then when you come in it radiates from you for about an hour or so.

I've been trying over the years to even appreciate the bugs (it can be rough though eh FH) I love watching ants. They are incredibly organized and quite remarkable to watch. The only bugs that I still have problems with are wormy things... but I'm working on that.

Another thing is that you can always count on nature to be there. If I'm feeling down I either turn to music or nature.. or both.. because in reality they are the true medicine of the world.

That's true about nature and music. Great music, like U2, can be the perfect soundtrack for a hike or stroll through the woods. I can be somewhat introverted at times, even though most would never guess in person. I find nature is great for recharging, especially after a trip to the mall, etc. Also, if I know I'm by myself, in other words, if I can't see people, I'll occaisionally sing out loud to a song in my mp3 player. Bad is the one I've been singing lately...and very horribly..:wink:

About a month ago, as I was walking up that trail in the picture, I saw a black fox silhouetted by the full moon. That was pretty amazing, and a real rock & roll moment, as I was listening to Radiohead at the time.

As for the bugs, I don't mind any of them, and marvel at most of them...especially those brave enough to survive here in the colder months. There is one exception to my bug love, however. It's the European Earwig...the ones with the big scorpion-like pinchers. One of those bit me right on the ass last year as I was sitting in a Kayak in the middle of a lake...:mad:
Actually, I guess I can't blame it, as I was about to sit on him...poor fella:sad:

One of my memories as a kid was sleeping in the car on the ride home from town, I dreamt I was holding a cat and petting it.. and when I woke up I was actually petting a bumble bee... but she never stung me.

RavenBlue said:
One of my memories as a kid was sleeping in the car on the ride home from town, I dreamt I was holding a cat and petting it.. and when I woke up I was actually petting a bumble bee... but she never stung me.

:ohmy:

That's a great bee. Insects and animals are amazing with their unpredictable, yet tuned-in, behaviour. Maybe that bee knew you didn't pose a threat..:hmm:

We've had dogs who seem to know when things are happening, like when a grandparent is sick in the room. Our German Sheppard clings around the door area of my grandmother when she's here and resting...amazing intuition.

I watched a program once about animal intuition.. and it says an animal can tell you're coming home 15 minutes before you do. I guess that's why they always seem to be waiting for you.

Even our old cat (RIP), who was quite cantankerous would jump at and lie at the foot of the bed when you were sick.

My Degree is in Forestry......... So I really like nature also.

I grew up in New England and I grew up in a family that learned to apreciate nature and the simple things around us. I've Hiked, Mountain Climbed, Skied played all kinds of outdoor sports. In my final year in College I did an internship at a private Nature Preserve and had to lead nature walks and different presentations. I miss living in a climate where you get a lot of change in seasons.

I miss........

1>. Autumn Leaves changing
2>. First real cold snap of the season, smelling wood fires from fireplaces
3>. First snow of the season, and how the scenery changes so dramatically. The air is so fresh and clean.
4>. Warm summer nights
5>. Seeing the Northern Lights.
6>. Hiking/Climbing a Mountain

I really could go on and on.

^oooh northern lights:hyper: I love those:bow:

I love nature...living here in VT we are surrounded by it.

:drool:

My first tulip from last spring..:love:

tulip.jpg
[/IMG]

I am so weird..I get so excited about my tulips:lmao:

They're beautiful Dismantled :yes:

The last few years I've really grown to appreciate plants and flowers.. they truly are amazing. The colours, the forms and how they help other creatures..

Back
Top Bottom