The nation's favourite lyrics are really crap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.mtv.co.uk/mtvuk/shows/lyric.jhtml

Here are the U2 ones -- how boring!

U2
One
"One life, with each other sisters brothers"
"One Words by Bono (c) 1991 Blue Mountain Music Ltd Administered in the UK by Fairwood Music Ltd Used with kind permission

U2
Where The Streets Have No Name
"I want to run, I want to hide, I want to tear down the walls, that hold me inside"
"Where The Streets Have No Name Words by Bono (c) 1987 Blue Mountain Music Ltd Administered in the UK by Fairwood Music Ltd Used with kind permission

U2
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
"One man come on a barbed wire fence, One man he resist, One man washed on an empty beach, One man betrayed with a kiss."
"Pride (In The Name Of Love) Words by Bono (c) 1984 Blue Mountain Music Ltd Administered in the UK by Fairwood Music Ltd Used with kind permission

U2
"One man come on a barbed wire fence,

Isn't it: one man "caught" on a barbed wire fence????:scratch:

Numb1075 said:
U2
"One man come on a barbed wire fence,

Isn't it: one man "caught" on a barbed wire fence????:scratch:

the misheard version is the favorite. just think about what it implies. getting caught is just painful.

My favourite U2 misquote, which I think was one of my friends... Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses:

"You're an accident waiting to happen /
You're a piece of glass left there in the peach"

:rofl:

Jay-Z
99 Problems
"99 problems but a bitch ain't one, if you havin' girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

Say so long to the list's credibility

Ugh, even the lyrics by the great lyricists on the list are hardly the best ones they ever wrote.

Just about the only one I think they got right was Bob Marley. I love those lines from Redemption Song.

Ah, 50 Cent...he has that distinction of coming above other artists when they're organised alphabetically.

Defintely a very varied list in some respects- from Kylie's "I should be so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky" to Joy Division! :wink:
It reads more like a list of the best known lyrics rather than the best actual lyrics.

50 Cent
21 Questions
"I love you like a fat kid love cake"
21 Questions Written by Jimmie Cameron,Vella Cameron. Luis Resto and Curtis Jackson (c) Me-Benish Music LLC c/o Minder Music Limited and Universal Music Publishing Ltd. Used with kind permission

:eyebrow: WTF:mad: u2 has better lyrics then this crap!!!!!!!!!!

"A-bop-bop-a-loom-op a-lop bop boom"

YES. that is where it's AT.

personally I'm surprised "Boom cha!" didn't make the list.

inmyplace13 said:
Jay-Z
99 Problems
"99 problems but a bitch ain't one, if you havin' girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

Say so long to the list's credibility

Come on, this is MTV. When did the list ever have any credibility?? Actually, with the general crap-osity of this list, I wouldn't be surprised if James Blunt was number one.

10cc
Life Is A Minestrone
"Life is a minestrone, Served up with parmesan cheese"
Life Is A Minestrone Written By Lol Creme and Eric Stewart (c) EMI Music Publishing Ltd Used with kind permission

50 Cent
21 Questions
"I love you like a fat kid love cake"
21 Questions Written by Jimmie Cameron,Vella Cameron. Luis Resto and Curtis Jackson (c) Me-Benish Music LLC c/o Minder Music Limited and Universal Music Publishing Ltd. Used with kind permission

Abba
The Winner Takes It All
"The winner takes it all, The loser standing small, Beside the victory, That's her destiny"
Written by Benny Andersson and Bjoern Ulvaeus (c) Bocu Music Ltd. Used with kind permission

Arctic Monkeys
I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
"Oh there ain't no love, No Montagues and Capulets, We're just banging tunes and DJ sets and dirty dancefloors and dreams of naughtiness"
I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor Written By Alexander Turner (c) EMI Music Publishing Ltd Used with kind permission

The Beach Boys
God Only Knows
"If you should ever leave me, Though life would go on believe me, The world could show nothing to me, So what good would living do me."
God Only Knows Written By Tony Asher and Brian Wilson (c) Rondor Music (London) Ltd Used wit kind permission

The Beatles
A Day In The Life
"I read the news today oh boy, Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire. And though the holes were rather small, They had to count them all, Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall"
A Day In The Life Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney (c)Sony/ATV Music Publishing Used with kind permission

The Beatles
Eleanor Rigby
"Eleanor Rigby picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been, Lives in a dream"
Eleanor Rigby Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney (c)Sony/ATV Music Publishing Used with kind permission

The Beatles
Hey Jude
"Hey Jude don't make it bad, take a sad song and make it better"
Hey Jude Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney (c)Sony/ATV Music Publishing Used with kind permission

The Beatles
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
"Picture yourself in a boat on a river, Wwith tangerine trees and marmalade skies"
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney (c)Sony/ATV Music Publishing Used with kind permission

The Beatles
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
"It was twenty years ago today, Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play"
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney (c)Sony/ATV Music Publishing Used with kind permission

There's the top 10, most of those lyrics aren't that good... :|

People, this thing isn't ranked. There is no "top ten." It's in alphabetical order.

Yeah, you'd think that'd be obvious, considering "99 problems but a bitch ain't one" isn't number one.

Back
Top Bottom