The National are a great band we should keep discussing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whenever bands release tracklistings for new records, I like to predict which songs I'll like best. So I'm guessing here that I'll love Fireproof, I Need My Girl, and Hard to Find. Cannot wait for this album.

Don't Swallow the Cap

BartCoughsUpHat.jpg

I love how the title is almost too small to read, but I think the typeface should be smaller. Like how with all serious films nowadays, the title comes in really really tiny and often just for a second, like they're actually ashamed of letting you know what's about to start.

Otherwise, no complaints with the cover.

I'm put off by the woman's eye in the mirror for some reason.

I am too. It looks like she's looking at the person with the camera. I'd be more okay with it if she were looking straight up, or had her eyes closed, etc.

But yeah. At the end of the day, who cares.

I think it's great that she's looking at you, the viewer, and if she weren't I would have to seriously reconsider listening to the forthcoming album.

I think the album cover is awesome, and my immediate thought was that the girl looks like Natalie Portman.

It could just be my Natty obsession but, yeah.

Can't wait for this shit. Rocking out to Bloodbuzz right now.

The disembodied head just reminds me too much of De-Loused in the Comatorium, which might have the worst cover ever.

Apparently there's a cover of England by . . . Mumford & Sons. Good taste and decorum preclude my posting it here, but it's on YouTube for the sickos who want to see that. Or just watch the Kevin Ware injury 100 times in a row to get the same effect.

Back
Top Bottom