The National

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw the National play in Toronto a little over a week ago and they were amazing! I had no idea how crazy Matt Berninger gets on stage. By the end of the night he had broken his mic and his mic stand twice (he handed the parts to some audience members afterward) They played the new song Redkat posted as well as Vanderlylle Crybaby and one other that I cant remember the name of. But ya, awesome show :up:

Blank Slate was on the radio on the way to work this morning. That happified me.

Early 2010? This news made my day.

Seeing as to what actually happened with Boxer, don't get your hopes up.

I've had a deep fear for a while that this Boxer follow up will be a massive clunker, and I'll end up hating the band after 2 disappointments. Hopefully that does not actually happen.

2 disapointments! WHAAA!

Boxer was incredible!

So far this band have proved they can do no wrong!
I still got alotta faith in them, although they seem to be going for a more mellow sound,

Ah well time will tell I guess, either way I cant wait to see them live again!!! Prolly one of the best live bands in the world!!!

I've had a deep fear for a while that this Boxer follow up will be a massive clunker, and I'll end up hating the band after 2 disappointments. Hopefully that does not actually happen.

At this point, the likelihood of my not liking it is very, very slim. Boxer was that lousy in your eyes? I mean I know you were disappointed by it, but that seems a little extreme. It's in my all time top ten, so maybe I'm biased.

Be honest: do you think No Net is better?

Boxer was probably one of the biggest disappointments I've had musically in the last 5 or 6 years. Everything I loved about the band from their past catalog, especially Alligator, was mostly gone on the album. After watching that terrible DVD that came with the EP, I at least understand they had massive writer's block, and could barely even figure out how to put any of the stuff they'd written together, so I've been able to cut it more slack, but I'm still not all that into it.

Had it been my introduction to the band, I'm sure I'd like it like everyone else. Alligator was one of my favorite albums of the decade at the point of Boxer's release, and I had purchased and listened to the crap out of their entire discography in the few years prior to Boxer. My expectations were sky high, and except for a handful of songs, Boxer as a whole didn't come close to meeting them.

Last I saw of Dalton, he was picking up trash near the highway with the saddest look on his face.

Back
Top Bottom