The National

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Vanderlylle" is awesome and I'm still loving "The Runaway."

THE NASH!

This is the most stereotypical day for extensive THE NASH! listening ever. Nothing suits me better right now.

I usually enjoy THE NASH! the most when it's the morning (or afternoon, usually) after a very late night on the town.

Exactly. And it's epically overcast, making it really dark and cold inside. And last night I was dressed to the nines, nursing cocktails, and being disappointed. It just seems right.

In Texas, wearing a t-shirt instead of a wife beater is referred to as "dressed to the nines".

Does everyone just get all their information about Texas from King of the Hill?

In that case, being a UT grad makes me a steer rather than a queer.

Does everyone just get all their information about Texas from King of the Hill?

I wouldn't have thrown a beater around with Texans (that goes much better with Italians), to be honest, but hey, I'm not gonna question Scumbo on this one. He's got muskets.

But here's a presentation of how I come up with these jokes.

texasjokes.jpg

This is the most stereotypical day for extensive THE NASH! listening ever. Nothing suits me better right now.

A couple years back I visited my brother in Manhattan in October. I had some epic nighttime walk abouts with the National playing on my ipod. it was perfect

Another uninnocent, elegant fall into the unmagnificent lives of adults.

I've had to have listened to Alligator at least 4 dozen times overt the last 6 months. When the fuck does this new album come out already?

I don't know why, but I only seem to really like The National in the summer. It makes absolutely no sense, but it happened last year, and it happened again this year, as soon as it started getting chilly outside, I stared growing tired of the band. It's possibly a coincidence, but it is something I've noticed.

I might not be timed to the season, but I do only listen to them in spurts, never the whole year through.

How's their cover on that tribute to the guy I've never heard of that compilation Thom Yorke also did a cover for?

As you can tell, I really did my research on this one.

been listening to the national a lot lately... still can't get over apartment story. beautiful song.

Listening to The National tonight as we're under blizzard conditions, with "Gospel" being the perfect way to start off the session. I also listen to them in spurts, usually, but nearly always at night; they've always been an incredibly strong nighttime band for me.

Listening to The National tonight as we're under blizzard conditions, with "Gospel" being the perfect way to start off the session. I also listen to them in spurts, usually, but nearly always at night; they've always been an incredibly strong nighttime band for me.

Oh yes. I never truly appreciated Alligator until I heard it on a long night drive.

alright. so i just kicked myself in the face. i just gave these guys another shot, and i can finally say that i like them. i've always been turned off by the singer's voice, so i took a different approach this time and just really focused on the guitar/piano, then drums. his voice became more of an accomponiment instrument for me.

listened to Alligator last night, gonna give Boxer a try today. :up:

04/22 - Richmond, VA @ The National
04/23 - Richmond, VA @ The National
05/06 - London, UK @ Royal Albert Hall
05/07 - Paris, FR @ Le Zenith *
05/08 - Berlin, DE @ Astra
05/22 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern #
05/23 - San Diego, CA @ Spreckels Theatre #
05/27 - Oakland, CA @ Fox Theatre #
06/02 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues
06/05 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
06/06 - Washington, DC @ DAR Constitution Hall
06/08 - Toronto, ON @ Massey Hall
06/16 - New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall

* = w/ Pavement
# = w/ Ramona Falls

I'm thinking tour dates = imminent album title/release date announcement?

Let's hope it's early May rather than late. I can't live much longer without this album in my life. Overly dramatic? Probably. It's just arguably the most anticipated album evar for me.

And I can't wait to see them live again.

Back
Top Bottom