The name you almost had

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have you all beat on the absolute WORST potential name. . . my name is Geoffrey Geiger. . . I am pretty happy with it - and i guess it sounds pretty good because it was the name they used for the main character in the failed medical drama 'Chicago Hope' here in the US that went up against ER in 1994.

BUT. . . my grandmother wanted to name me Guy.

Yup. That's correct: :Guy Geiger. . . :sick: :yuck:

Winifred. :| After my great grandmother.

And, had I been male, I would have been Jonathon.

My elder brothers (who were 10 and 11 when I was born) had plans: they wanted to name me Cyril, Cedric, or Cecil if I was a boy, and Gertrude or Cecilia if I was a girl. .:ohmy: :huh:

Fortunately, my mother ignored them and I ended up being christened Alexandra Elisabeth Katharine. I've been known as Sara since I was about 5 though, so go figure.

My younger sister is called Leila (pronounced Leela) and people always call her Layla - it drives her mad.

Last edited:
My dad wanted to name me Aubrey, and if I had been a boy, Sean Levon. (yes, after the Elton John song.) :crack:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Pointless but it had to be done or somewhere less appropriate

Sue me

My mother wanted the name Kerry and my dad wanted Kelly. But they both got their way because I have a twin sister (Kerry, obviously :lol: ).

If we had been boys, I think it would have been Michael and Ryan.

For my brother, they really wanted to name him Ryan, but my uncle and his wife always said that if they had a boy they wanted Ryan. So my brother got Brian Patrick (which I think is a great Irish name :up: ).

My uncle and his wife never had a boy btw, they got divorced ages ago :lol:

My parents had no other preference for a name for me, my mother in particular liked Patricia, and hell, she's the one who put up with the painful birth (I was a big baby, 8 lbs. 15 ounces). :wink:

I was almost Vanessa.

Really.

:|

Abigail, as family legend has it, was the first name in the baby name book when my mom was very very pregnant and wanted to hear nothing more about Vanessa from my father. She suggested it, my dad was okay with it, and there it was.

Back
Top Bottom