"The Musical Acts That Make us Want to Puke" + bands we hate thread (merged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Hey... Let's bash Creed! AKA- The Musical Acts That Make us Want to Puke" thread

'Cause man do they suck.

Yes I know... we've bashed Creed many a time here in feedback, and at one point the word Creed wasn't even allowed to be typed, showing up simply as *****. But hey... I never tire of ripping on this shitty shitty band. Feel free to take pot shots at other acts that you despise as well. So here we go... let's start the thread of "Musical Acts That Make us Want to Puke"

I think I'll sit back and see how this thread goes for a little while first...

*busts out the lawn chair, popcorn, and cream soda*

All of these new "punk" bands such as Good Charlotte. It sees that the boyband phenomenon is over and replaced with new boy bands wearing black instead of coordinated dance outfits and weilding guitars that they have managed to learn three chords on. They're completely unoriginal and their looks are born in Hot Topic where every SPONGE of a teenager can buy the exact same shirts, arm bands, torn pants, hair dye, and eyeliner to only emulate the nauseating style and piss me off everywhere I turn.

I'm all for dressing the way you want and individual freedoms to say and do what you feel, which is what these bands seem to singing about, but they're doing the exact thing they're "rebelling" against: creating and following the mainstream.

Yes the world of popular music is dangerous, you gotta watch out.
Creed are a weird band, too religious maybe? I don't know. They don't make mind blowing music IMO.
I'll tell you this I rather listen to Creed than nu-metal crap like Limp Dick and Korn.

There's some new female rapper, I forget her name - I guess she's trying to be the female eminem - she's white, blond, talks fast, but her lyrics are straight generic rap crap. I saw her video for the only song she has out right now. It was horrible. I nearly gouged my eyes out and stuck pencils in my ears to stop the visual and auditory assault. All she did was sit there in front of a basketball court or on the dance floor, without actually dancing or playing basketball. And of course rollin' in the Escalade. :rolleyes:

I know this isn't current, but Styx. *shudder*

Also:

*Creed
*Avril
*Britney
*Any of that 'nu-metal' bullshit:down:

every band ppl have mentioned (minus white stripes and oasis...)

rap artists, popular music such as britney, christina, justin etc etc etc, mainstream punk, and of course the lovely cookie cutter rock groups like *****, nickelback, default, etc.

now who DIDN"T i offend?

-creed/nickelback and company
-dream theater and anything with 20 minute long solos
-nu-metal
-simple plan et. al.
-50 cent, eminem, etc.
-corporate pop in general
-almost all country music
-your band (just kidding about that one :wink: )
-the white stripes
-the vines
-the hives
-the strokes
-newer dave matthews band stuff

Last edited:
IWasBored said:
--your band (just kidding about that one :wink: )

yfbs.jpg

:wink:

Matchbox 20, Nickleback, Creed, Dave Matthews Band and all the other sad boy bands. Blah!!! I need music that rocks, all this mellow whiny music needs to be stopped!!

I am also done with bands that look punk but sound like N Sync. If you're a boy band than be a boy band, there's no shame in that (well, sometimes there is). Embrace the cheese, be who you are!!!

sorry dsmith that you were the one that reminded me of this...

henry fucking rollins. although i'm not sure whether i hate him fo his awful attempt at music, or because of his spokenb word bullshit.

oh, and you know what? i hate aerosmith. and i don't like led zeppelin, i can't stand plant's voice. kiss suck, but that sort of goes without saying...i guess it doesn't, but i dislike them.

not just them. he trashes everyone and everything. i was watching something, i think it was dog town and z-boys, and he pops up saying he actually LIKED something....kind of surprised me.

:shrug:

i had more of a problem with the fact that in his little u2 rant about red rocks he went on to bash u2's fans, dublin, dubliners, the entire country of ireland, pretty much anything he could think of.

Back
Top Bottom