"The Musical Acts That Make us Want to Puke" + bands we hate thread (merged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you people have made me remember all kinds of people that i forgot that i hated
lets see....

Creed, esp Scott Crapp
Matchbox 20
Dave Matthews Band
Train
Sum 41, the Ataris, et al
Britney, Jessica, Christina, Pink et al
Justin timberlake and all the other boy bands
Avril
pretty much all rap
Vanessa Carlton
Michelle Branch
Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc
John Mayer
staind
Henry Rollins
Journey
Rod Stewart
The Go Gos
Nickleback
Evanescence
Bon Jovi
3 doors down
Tatu
Jennifer Lopez
Ricky Martin
ALL hairbands
celine dion
Linkin park
Hole
and i know there are a crapload of others that I just can't think of at the moment.

Dave Mathews Band makes me wanna yack.
I also Dislike:
All pop punk bands
All nu-metal bands (good thing this trend is dying)
Most of these new alt-rock band The Strokes, The Hives, The White Stripes, The Vines all that crap.
Most MTV crap, I could just go on.

haaa turtle, the first 2 lists were pretty spot on.
SFB, tis just taste. I wont go on about why I hate them or anything as it only serves to irritate those who do like them. No point in being counterproductive :D

Let's start right at the top of the offensive list:

CELINE DION (her and her fucking Titanic song)
Justin Timberlake
Britney Spears
Cristina Aguilera
Any member of NSync, BSB, 3Deep, 98 degrees and whatever other shit boyband I'm missing
Creed
Nickelback
Sum41
Linkin Park
Dave Matthews Band
John Mayer
Anybody off American Idol who has released a CD or is doing so currently (Kelly, Clay, Ruben, the guy who looks like Sideshow Bob, I'm looking at you)
Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst
The Beastie Boys (so sue me)
The Hives
The White Stripes
Shania Twain
Bon Jovi
Matchbox 20 and Rob Thomas
Hilary Duff
50 Cent
JLo
Evanescence
Dido
Lifehouse

It's by no means an exhaustive list, but it's a start.

COLDPLAY! :down: The most boring, whiney, overrated shit I've ever heard glorified. The sight and sound of these people make me physically ill.
DMB! :barf: Whiney, boring, not at all entertaining, don't understand the appeal at all. Dave is almost as putrid looking as Chris Martin, and his voice may just be slightly whiner and more annoying.
Radiohead: Knowing U2 are big fans, I tried so hard to like them. But they just grate my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard. Would somebody please take Thom's balls out of that vice so he'll stop that whiney screeching? *cringe*
So I think you can see I can't stand whiney voiced singers. But there is worse. I also can't stand:
ALL rock-rap/rapmetal/numetal :barf:
ALL boybands :madspit:
Christina the skank :no:
Norah Jones :yawn: She doesn't really suck, she's just boring, sleep inducing and wayyy overrated.
rap music being played by geeky looking white boys full blast at red lights- look at me I'm a badass! :tsk: This would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. Some of these boys also have Confederate flag stickers all over their cars. They can't decide if they want to be a redneck or a homey, and the mixture is a strange new phenomenon. If you're not from the south you may never see this.

I don't personally dislike Creed. They're not great, but they're okay for what they are. I don't understand all the hatred. I prefer them to Coldplay and they sure rock a lot harder. But I don't own any of their stuff and I don't plan to buy it, I just fail to see the extreme dissing of them as I fail to see the extreme glorification of Coldplay. They're both just average IMO.

Okay, so I was an 80s teenager, but I looovve hair metal! Unlike rock rap, it all had a good tune, a good beat and is fun to drive fast to. I liked most of those bands but still liked U2 and REM too, if I'm the only one. YAY 80's :up:

Last edited:
Bland? Try listening to COLDPLAY and DMB, that's BLAND for you.

Last edited:
DMB and Coldplay were influenced by U2...so, therefore U2 must be bland.

Bono's hairline is sure looking like Dave Matthew's hairline lately, isn't?

Seriously though...there is nothing more uncreative and bland than Creed, rap/rock or any hair band from the 80's. The music was truly something of the moment.

DMB and Coldplay will remain pertinent for years after all of the hair bans lose their hair.

I think some new hot photos were posted in PLEBA.

Well, this is a musical acts that makes you puke thread so I told the truth :D As for who will stand the test of time, only time will tell. Coldplay is so boring an bland they could easily be forgotten. The hair metal bands still have fans, Bon Jovi's 2001 tour was nearly as successful as U2's and they played the SAME arenas. Let's stick to bashing bands and not each others opinions, we all have our own for our own reasons:angel:

creed1_l.jpg

b9.jpg

1105293.jpg

celine_dion.jpg

:barf::barf::barf::barf:

U2Kitten said:
Well, this is a musical acts that makes you puke thread so I told the truth :D As for who will stand the test of time, only time will tell. Coldplay is so boring an bland they could easily be forgotten. The hair metal bands still have fans, Bon Jovi's 2001 tour was nearly as successful as U2's and they played the SAME arenas. Let's stick to bashing bands and not each others opinions, we all have our own for our own reasons:angel:

hey, you started it. don't tell zoney not to get all bent out of shape.

There shouldn't be any trouble unless someone chooses to take it that way. We should all be able to post our opinions of who we think sucks without any personal attacks. :shrug:

It's not just that Coldplay and DMB are overrated, I find them completely terrible sounding and impossible to listen to, mostly because of the singers' hideous sounding voices. Remember the name of this thread was musical acts that make you want to puke. Well, DMB and Coldplay make me want to puke. The hair bands may not be the best quality music ever, but I find them more entertaining, interesting, fun to listen to and fun to drive to. Remember too that I was in high school in the 80's, and that "hair metal" era of music holds a lot of fond memories for me. But we all have our own opinions, and we shouldn't hold them against each other personally. :wave:

Last edited:
It's not funny to make fun of other people's opinions just because they differ from yours. I really don't get it. We like some things and dislike others. No one is right or wrong, stupid or smart. That is crazy. If there is a KGB like list of things you are and are not allowed to like or dislike or face ridicule here would you please post them in a tagged message at the top of this page, or let it go and have respect for everyone.

Last edited:
I am getting very close to abandoning my own advice here and making a personal attack. The thing that burns me up worse than anything is that there is a certain person here who fancies herself superior to me and of higher intelligence because she likes the 'right' bands and I like the 'wrong' ones. I'd challenge her to a game of Jeopardy any day.

Back
Top Bottom