The Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yes there's a band called The Music.

Somewhere along the line I downloaded a video of one of their songs "Take the Long Road and Walk It." I can only find their album for sale at Tower as an import for nearly $30. Does anyone know anything about these guys? It's hard to find if they have a website....YOU try googling for "The Music" :shifty:

:tongue: I can't stop listening to this song. I think they're British or something....

Last edited:
You might be able to get more information about them from the Coldplay message board, as I believe they are opening for them right now.

I got a cd sampler of The Music from Urban Outfitters. There's this instrumental track (I keep forgetting the title, but I think it's called "The Walls Get Smaller" and it rocks!!! I wanna see them live!

Check The Music

I've ahd the album since July -- is it never coming out in the US? :slant: It's not bad, but I like The Coral's album better. I like "The People" best. They just toured with the Vines, I believe.

"You Might As Well Try and Fuck Me" is a funny song.

I have a couple of Q articles on them (yes I know, I should be shot, I read Q).

New To Q:

THE MUSIC
The baggy Led Zeppelin.

"We want to give people the feeling of hearing their favourite record for the first time," says the improbably named Adam Nutter, 19-year-old guitarist in the Music. "I'd be at school, thinking about how much I wanted to listen to the Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream or the Chemical Brothers' Surrender, and how much I didn't f**king want to be there. We're going to do the same thing with people."

School might now be out for the Leeds quartet, but without tea-time jamming sessions at Brigshaw High in Kippax they would have never come this far. It's where Nutter first practiced with singer Robert Harvey and bassist Stuart Coleman. They added drummer and childhood friend Phil Jordan to the line-up in 1999. Quickly establishing themselves through a torrid live show that's led to support slots with Oasis, Doves and New Order, the Music were signed just two years into their existence.

"Live is where we shine," says Nutter. "We just want to make the biggest sound ever."

Unfortunately a recent tour with the Coral bit the dust when Harvey contracted laryngitis during the making of their self-titled debut album. Recorded in Surrey with Jim Abbis (Bjork, DJ Shadow) at the controls, it's an accurate reflection of the band's hectic, gonzo rock. "It's our musical lives up to now," says Harvey. "Everything we've done, all the s**t we've experimented with. And it's loud."

Harvey's lung-busting take on Robert Plant's vocal stylings means there's moer than a little Led Zeppelin in the mix too.

"The whole album was recorded before any of us had heard any Led Zeppelin," says Harvey. "I would never have gone near that kind of music when I was younger, I just thought they were old rockers. And now? We think they're beauty."

Resume

Names: Robert Harvey (vocals), Adam Nutter (guitar), Stuart Coleman (bass), Phil Jordan (drums)
Hometown: Kippax, Leeds, where they all still live with their parents.
Try 'em if you like: Led Zeppelin and certain imitators, such as the Stone Roses circa Second Coming and the Verve circa A Northern Soul
The gameplan: "We're trying the best we can to be f**king brilliant," says Nutter. "There's a lot of bands out there with not enough ambition."
Currently available: THe Music (Hut Album, 2002)

Article written by Emma Warren

I also have an album review of them in a previous issue, got three stars. Hope that lets you learn a bit more about them.

meegannie said:
I forgot to mention that I love the album cover for some reason. It's hypnotic. :crazy:

:lol:

:ohmy:
:der:

Was it one of those huge lollipops or just a siwrly wheel? I fergit.

I'm thinkin it should be available for a reasonable price as a non-import sometime soon....I've been seeing the video for "Take the Long Road and Walk It" on MTV(2)...

O yeah...gotta dl The Coral songs...

It's this swirly thing:

shop_zm_poster.jpg

You can get a blue one as wallpaper:

wallpaper02_0640.jpg

bigeyes.gif

I saw the video for Take The Long Road and Walk It, it was a cool song. I tried to download it, but the only mp3 version is horrible quality, and is even labeled so. I dont know why I'm even mentioning any of this... Anyways, yeah, whatever.

Mona, The Music's album is going to be released in the US in February. Also, it's usually cheaper to order cds from amazon.co.uk than to order the imports from amazon.com. Or check hmv.com because Canada usually gets releases before we do and the shipping is really low. :)

WOO!

I actually FINALLY got this CD in February or earlier this month.... I love it. And I've slowly been teaching myself to play "Turn out the Light."

The voice and the overall sound on this album is amazing o_O :tongue:

MonaVox said:
WOO!

I actually FINALLY got this CD in February or earlier this month.... I love it. And I've slowly been teaching myself to play "Turn out the Light."

The voice and the overall sound on this album is amazing o_O :tongue:

:yes: I got the album recently too.. they were really good live. The singer's voice is great, especially in The People. I can't wait to see what they'll do next, but somehow I feel like this band will just vanish. :slant:

Saw them open for Coldplay and thought :blah:.......

they were ok, but the damn drummer couldnt keep time....:angry:

My female companion loved them however, shows how much I know............

:wink:

I saw them open for Coldplay too, and I thought they were excellent!! Of course I love Led Zeppelin which is probably why I liked them.

"You Might As Well Try and Fuck Me" :lol: The lead singer kinda freaked me out but I enjoyed the music anyway (no pun intended) :|

OMD I was channel surfing earlier and stopped on TRL (BTW where the crap is Carson) and these 3 ppl were hosting.... and one of the girls' video pick of the day was "Take the Long Road and Walk It" (yaay) and after it finished, the guy host asked the other girl host how she liked it and she was all about anything to avoid answering the question.

Kids.
:p

DiGi said:
Iris, you have said this so many times now, I am beginning to think that secretly, you actually liked seeing him hump the mic stand.

I am beginning to think the same thing too DiGi....LOL
J/K Iris :hug:

Back
Top Bottom