The Mullet, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in to say that this location you guys chose is brilliant and I'm surprised it exists.

Screwtape2 said:
I just realized that I know nothing about Gentle Giant and Rush. :shifty:

For Gentle Giant, check out Octopus. I don't listen to them a lot, but that's a good album.

As for Rush, well, where do you start? Early Rush is the most progressive, and the high point is 2112, in my opinion. But other albums have excellent longer compositions, too; one of my favorite epics from them is Xanadu.

Obviously, by the start of the 80's, they turned into more traditional rock, but they still had some progressive moments, like The Camera Eye from Moving Pictures.

phanan said:

For Gentle Giant, check out Octopus. I don't listen to them a lot, but that's a good album.

As for Rush, well, where do you start? Early Rush is the most progressive, and the high point is 2112, in my opinion. But other albums have excellent longer compositions, too; one of my favorite epics from them is Xanadu.

Obviously, by the start of the 80's, they turned into more traditional rock, but they still had some progressive moments, like The Camera Eye from Moving Pictures.

Okay, thanks. I'm not a fan of Rush so I may leave them off the prog introduction.

Okay so here are the songs I'm going to use Youtube for the prog introduction.

Focus 3/ Eruption by Focus (Live at The Rainbow)
Hocus Pocus by Focus (Live at The Rainbow)
Set Controls For The Heart Of The Sun by Pink Floyd (Live at Pompeii)
One Of These Days by Pink Floyd (Live at Pompeii)
Soon- Yes
The Musical Box- Genesis
I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) by Genesis
Carpet Of The Sun by Renaissance
Can You Understand by Renaissance
Warrior by Wishbone Ash
The Prophet’s Song by Queen
Death On Two Legs by Queen
Lady Fantasy by Camel
Sunburst Finish by Utopia

Am I missing anything?

Screwtape2 said:
Okay so here are the songs I'm going to use Youtube for the prog introduction.

Focus 3/ Eruption by Focus (Live at The Rainbow)
Hocus Pocus by Focus (Live at The Rainbow)
Set Controls For The Heart Of The Sun by Pink Floyd (Live at Pompeii)
One Of These Days by Pink Floyd (Live at Pompeii)
Soon- Yes
The Musical Box- Genesis
I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) by Genesis
Carpet Of The Sun by Renaissance
Can You Understand by Renaissance
Warrior by Wishbone Ash
The Prophet’s Song by Queen
Death On Two Legs by Queen
Lady Fantasy by Camel
Sunburst Finish by Utopia

Am I missing anything?

An observation - I'd add one thing by King Crimson. They did, after all, start the genre, more or less.

Also, which youtube link do you plan on using for Soon?

So, me and a couple of my buddies are making a video as our fourth quarter exam. Last year we did one and it was fantastic, but we failed it due to inappropriateness. Now, three (including me) of the five from last year plus two new guys are creating a new movie. That'll be one the big focuses of my next month.

I'd give you all the link to our movie from last year, but then again it's probably not a good idea. Especially since my name is in the credits.

phanan said:

WELCOME TO THE MULLET, IRELAND

451446657a5533911968ml.jpg

:wink:

phanan said:

An observation - I'd add one thing by King Crimson. They did, after all, start the genre, more or less.

Also, which youtube link do you plan on using for Soon?

I can't find any early live stuff by King Crimson. I want all the links to be live stuff.

I'm using this beautiful performance for Soon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pNm2VqLPx4

I was trying to figure out a way to fit Death on Two Legs into my DIV playlist. Hasn't worked so far.

phillyfan26 said:
So, me and a couple of my buddies are making a video as our fourth quarter exam. Last year we did one and it was fantastic, but we failed it due to inappropriateness. Now, three (including me) of the five from last year plus two new guys are creating a new movie. That'll be one the big focuses of my next month.

I'd give you all the link to our movie from last year, but then again it's probably not a good idea. Especially since my name is in the credits.

So what exactly was the "inappropriateness" involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom