The Mullet, Ireland Superthread - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #61
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002

Yes, that thing when it leaks everyone except about 3 people hate it, and then 6-12 months of playing it 15 times a day everyone hates it.
Except Peterrrrrrr, who's too busy finding which songs Bono hits the high C in to hate it.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen

*hugs*

I'm just listening to Kite from Telstra Stadium from the Window Single.....god I love Kite Live!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Except Peterrrrrrr, who's too busy finding which songs Bono hits the high C in to hate it.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:23 PM
Quote:

Yep. The election has to occur within a certain timeframe (for our last election, I believe the timeframe was September 2007 to January 2008; it was held 24 November 2007), and the government typically announces the election date six weeks before it will take place. Now, as it gets closer, you'll see the "phoney campaign", where both parties are obviously getting ready to go without actually formally campaigning, but until the date's announced, there's only so much they can do.
I like that. Trim off all the fat and get down to business when it counts.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #65
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

I like that. Trim off all the fat and get down to business when it counts.
For better or worse, we also don't have this whole fiasco with primaries, with the party itself electing its leader - almost always someone already on the front bench with a ministerial portfolio of some description. Only once in Australian history has the Prime Minister been from the Senate, in an exceptional circumstance - and he gave up his Senate seat and contested for a House of Representatives seat.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:53 AM
im out guys, Colbert Report calls
Old 05-14-2008, 08:15 AM   #67
Vocal parasite

See you later, Jen!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 08:18 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Hey all.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 AM   #69
Vocal parasite

Hi Screwtape.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 08:25 AM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

Howdy Screwtape
Old 05-14-2008, 08:28 AM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Yeah, you haven't been around enough lately, Daniel.

The WTAHNN forum is a bit of a disaster at the moment. Random speculation based on inconsequential tidbits. It will be a damning indictment of U2's laziness and lack of commitment to their music if the album is not out in November, but apparently one of their crew told a fan that if it doesn't make it out by November, then March 2009 will be it.
I completely agree that it would show a lack of commitment. When you create art it should consume you. If this album is as pathetic as Bomb than I think I'll lose all faith in U2's ability to make another great record. Is anyone with me there?
Old 05-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
Howdy Screwtape
I love your avatar.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #73
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

I completely agree that it would show a lack of commitment. When you create art it should consume you. If this album is as pathetic as Bomb than I think I'll lose all faith in U2's ability to make another great record. Is anyone with me there?
It just seems to me that they're lazy. It says something that it's only May and because we haven't heard anything, some fans are already scared the album won't come in NOVEMBER, half a year away. Most other bands I follow would have only just got to the studio or wouldn't even be there yet for a November release!

I think the last couple of albums show U2 just don't have the passion for music any more. They are rock stars, not rock musicians. I have no faith in them to produce good music any more. I believe they COULD if they were still interested in music, but they aren't. Bono wants to save Africa, Larry's an idiot, Adam's got a foot in the grave, and Edge is on Mars.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #75
Vocal parasite

Tags
superthread