The Mullet, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

All you do is scroll over the minimized window, and text appears and tells you what site it is.

And I guess I misunderstood before, because when you mentioned how you like all of the sites on an XP in a line down at the bottom, I assumed you meant minimized. But I see what you're saying now.

That still requires scrolling over it, I can't just look at the title and click, I have to go over each. Anything that slows down my use is a bit frustrating.

I suppose there is the alternative in Firefox in that I can go to the Window menu and switch windows that way ...

Varitek said:
on the other hand people like this are insane INSANE

http://www.howispentmystimulus.com/posts/view/91

wonkette calls them Paultards.

I've been in awe/disgust over how positive all the comments on this site are - if it's a hippy it's "right on man, stick it to the man," if it's a gun it's "looks like a good one, have fun" and if it's an overseas vacation it's "haha have fun." Clearly moderated to a disgusting level. Which makes the Paultard discussion in the comments even weirder.

Holy shit. I love the people arguing that buying 41 copies of the book is better than donating to charity, because it will "wake up" 41 people. Oh, yeah, like being told some political ideology - even if it's the best ideology in history - is even half as good as putting food on your family's table tonight.

Axver said:

That still requires scrolling over it, I can't just look at the title and click, I have to go over each. Anything that slows down my use is a bit frustrating.

I suppose there is the alternative in Firefox in that I can go to the Window menu and switch windows that way ...

that is the same speed if you are used to going to a bar and selecting a window from a drop up/down menu. Even if I have 15 windows or more open, the alt-tab option allows me to get to the window I want in a matter of milliseconds on a PC, and there is no equivalent on the mac.

Axver, go on, depress the alt key and hit tab a few times and see if you like that shortcut more than anythign since tabbed browsing. (although it was around quite a long time before tabbed browsing)

Axver said:

Holy shit. I love the people arguing that buying 41 copies of the book is better than donating to charity, because it will "wake up" 41 people. Oh, yeah, like being told some political ideology - even if it's the best ideology in history - is even half as good as putting food on your family's table tonight.

PEOPLE ARE FUCKING INSANE/DELUSIONAL.

and i've gone to be productive, so i'm gonna go back to that. still i once again haven't left myself enough time to do the job well, so i'll have to just get done what i can, gpa be damned.

Varitek said:

that is the same speed if you are used to going to a bar and selecting a window from a drop up/down menu. Even if I have 15 windows or more open, the alt-tab option allows me to get to the window I want in a matter of milliseconds on a PC, and there is no equivalent on the mac.

Axver, go on, depress the alt key and hit tab a few times and see if you like that shortcut more than anythign since tabbed browsing. (although it was around quite a long time before tabbed browsing)

Just tried ALT+TAB. It's good, but not as quick for me due to the unconventional way I know the keyboard. It's still quicker to go via taskbar menus.

Axver said:

Just tried ALT+TAB. It's good, but not as quick for me due to the unconventional way I know the keyboard. It's still quicker to go via taskbar menus.

ah. i basically browsed a pc with one hadn on the mouse and one on alt-tab, the mouse hand could easily oin the alt-tab hand on the keyboard for typing. i fucking love keyboard shortcuts.

Varitek said:

ah. i basically browsed a pc with one hadn on the mouse and one on alt-tab, the mouse hand could easily oin the alt-tab hand on the keyboard for typing. i fucking love keyboard shortcuts.

I've never been one for keyboard shortcuts myself. Mainly because I don't know the ALT key too well, so it slows me down. Should probably work on that.

Varitek said:

PEOPLE ARE FUCKING INSANE/DELUSIONAL.

Especially, it seems, Ron Paul supporters. Almost all of his fans I've encountered online have had one screw loose.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Quit saying g'day :lol: It makes you look like an Australian.

Funny that, since I live in Australia and "g'day" is Kiwi slang too.

It's been my standard greeting for years. I use it online a good deal less than I do offline, actually.

Yeah but to the general American perspective, the two things that come to mind when they hear the word 'Australia' are kangaroos and "G'day mate!"

When they hear 'New Zealand', they either think 'Peter Jackson' or "Huh? New what?"

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Yeah but to the general American perspective, the two things that come to mind when they hear the word 'Australia' are kangaroos and "G'day mate!"

When they hear 'New Zealand', they either think 'Peter Jackson' or "Huh? New what?"

This.

And it's sad. Maybe those of us who have a bit more of a clue throw vegemite into the mix of stereotypes as well. Maybe.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Not my fault Americans are stupid.

LemonMelon said:

This.

And it's sad. Maybe those of us who have a bit more of a clue throw vegemite into the mix of stereotypes as well. Maybe.

Throw another shrimp on the barbie.

Except they're prawns, people, not shrimp.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Steve Irwin is another thing people think about first. The Croc Hunter is an improvement over Crocodile Dundee though.

Knifey-spoony is another lovely association.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom