The Mullet, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chemistry, Algebra, and Geometry at a high school level all had one thing in common for me: however much theorum memorizing or whatever, they all had puzzles to solve and I found that fun. Derivatives do NOT count, they are just boring and confusing and pointless reptition.

Though I did like Bio, which was memorization, because I found molecular stuff interesting...

phillyfan26 said:
A train leaves a station at 60 MPH, travels for 90 minutes, and finishes traveling 84 MPH before hitting the brakes to stop. What type of engine does it have, what country was it made in, and how many times has Axver ridden on it?

phanan said:
And how many pictures did he take during that time?

Is it wrong that I think that could just about plausibly be a few regional Victorian services? :laugh:

In which case, diesel engine, Australia, first time, 760 photos.

:wink:

LemonMelon said:

But that was like, "hey, that's how plants work, that's how I work, that's how the world works..." whereas calculus is like WTF WHY DO I HAVE TO KNOW THIS BORING ASS SHIT and physics was like (for me) this is the worst teacher in the world.

Varitek said:

But that was like, "hey, that's how plants work, that's how I work, that's how the world works..." whereas calculus is like WTF WHY DO I HAVE TO KNOW THIS BORING ASS SHIT and physics was like (for me) this is the worst teacher in the world.

Nailed it.

phanan said:
Dear Pure Reason Revolution,

Will you please hurry the fuck up and release your second album?

kthxbai

Co-signed,
Increasingly Impatient Axver

(I must admit, I'm worried about how this album will go given the member changes they've experienced.)

Axver said:

Co-signed,
Increasingly Impatient Axver

(I must admit, I'm worried about how this album will go given the member changes they've experienced.)

It certainly looks like this album might be drastically different. Seems they've got quite a electronic influence this time around, from what I've read. The demo on the myspace page sure confirms it, too.

Of course, I like electronic music, so this could be quite fascinating to see what they come up with.

RavenBlue said:
If I wasn't such a crapper at math, I likely would've gone into meteorology. It's always intrigued me.. so much math in that though it's not even funny.

Yeah, if I hadn't been completely turned off science by physics teacher suckage in my last year of high school, I might still be on the molecular bio path. But then I think about the math....

Ironically I was originally supposed to have the best physics teacher ever, and then he got pushed out by the school that summer, as in addition to being a great teacher he did a lot of activism on the racial composition of the school that they didn't like. So they hired whoever they could find, which turned out to be a 60 year old community college teacher who looked like a skeleton (not exaggerating) and I knew on the first day she was not only dumber than me but probably couldn't have gotten into the exam school I went to.

phanan said:
Lost is on. :drool:

I not only don't have time, but I think I'd rather watch it right before the next 2 air in 2 weeks. Next week no new episode would drive me nuts.

If you haven't seen the Orchid video which was released as a promo a while ago, and is official canon material, now is the time, youtube "orchid lost".

phanan said:

It certainly looks like this album might be drastically different. Seems they've got quite a electronic influence this time around, from what I've read. The demo on the myspace page sure confirms it, too.

Of course, I like electronic music, so this could be quite fascinating to see what they come up with.

I suppose that influence was already there, re: Golden Clothes. If they pull it off as well as that, I expect to enjoy it.

It's such a shame they've lost the guy who played violins, though. He really added something to their sound.

Has it leaked?

Not that I'll watch for 2 weeks, or at least til I'm done with work.

But I did watch a few promo clips, the scene on the plane was WOW. At least we're getting some forward movement of the damn plot and not just more questions.

Varitek said:

I not only don't have time, but I think I'd rather watch it right before the next 2 air in 2 weeks. Next week no new episode would drive me nuts.

If you haven't seen the Orchid video which was released as a promo a while ago, and is official canon material, now is the time, youtube "orchid lost".

There's no new episode next week? I thought the finale was coming...

I haven't seen that video. I guess I'll have to.

Let's see. The DVR is on. If I wait until 10:20 or so, I'll be able to zoom through it without commercials and still finish around 11.

Varitek said:

Yeah, if I hadn't been completely turned off science by physics teacher suckage in my last year of high school, I might still be on the molecular bio path. But then I think about the math....

Ironically I was originally supposed to have the best physics teacher ever, and then he got pushed out by the school that summer, as in addition to being a great teacher he did a lot of activism on the racial composition of the school that they didn't like. So they hired whoever they could find, which turned out to be a 60 year old community college teacher who looked like a skeleton (not exaggerating) and I knew on the first day she was not only dumber than me but probably couldn't have gotten into the exam school I went to.

Yea my 112 math teacher was that way. I could have my farking hand up the whole classtime and she'd never answer it. It was level 2, but she taught it as though we were level one. I had a good math teacher beforehand.. and did half decent. Half decent for me in math is a C. I always felt good if I managed to eek out a C. Anyway, I flunked 112 and then opted for 113 when I was in Grade 12, just so I could get the fuck out of high school.

Axver said:

I suppose that influence was already there, re: Golden Clothes. If they pull it off as well as that, I expect to enjoy it.

It's such a shame they've lost the guy who played violins, though. He really added something to their sound.

Agreed. The violin played a major part on the last album.

I still think the next album will be good, though. I have faith.

phanan said:

Agreed. The violin played a major part on the last album.

I still think the next album will be good, though. I have faith.

What's on their MySpace now? Is it still just the four or so minutes of Deus Ex Machina? Because that seems pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to the new album - just a little nervous that the circumstances surrounding it might harm its quality.

phanan said:

There's no new episode next week? I thought the finale was coming...

I haven't seen that video. I guess I'll have to.

Let's see. The DVR is on. If I wait until 10:20 or so, I'll be able to zoom through it without commercials and still finish around 11.

The finale is 3 parts. 1 part this week and 2 parts in 2 weeks. I have NO idea why they would do it that way.

Axver said:

What's on their MySpace now? Is it still just the four or so minutes of Deus Ex Machina? Because that seems pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to the new album - just a little nervous that the circumstances surrounding it might harm its quality.

Yeah, just that Deus demo that's been there for a while, and yes, that does sound cool.

Which is why I want this album to get here.

Varitek said:

The finale is 3 parts. 1 part this week and 2 parts in 2 weeks. I have NO idea why they would do it that way.

The only thing I can think of is the NBA playoffs. I believe they will be on ABC soon, so perhaps that interferes next week.

Because other than that, yeah, no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom