The Movie Trailer Voice Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Last night when I saw the commerical for The Lake House, I found myself wondering-as I do every time I go to the movies-who is that guy? I think he does every movie trailer in existence

This has to be the guy, they have an mp3 in the entry. What a life!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_LaFontaine

"Don LaFontaine (born in Duluth, Minnesota on August 26, 1940) is a famous voice-over actor and is often credited with the name 'The Voice-Over Guy'. His deep voice has been used in over 4000 movie trailers and many more television commercials, network promos (notably on the FOX Network), and even video game trailers.

LaFontaine, nicknamed "The King of the Movie Trailers" and "The VoG (Voice of God)", is credited with creating the modern movie trailer. He is also responsible for having created many of the movie trailer clichés, such as "In a world where...," "A one-man army...,", "one man, one destiny" or "From the bedroom to the boardroom...."

LaFontaine voices about sixty promo sessions a week; he commands a very high salary and is now a multi-millionaire thanks to his work. He used to be chauffeured in his own white stretch limousine between recording studios so as to not waste time looking for parking, therefore being able to complete more jobs per day; but has recently started working out of his home almost exclusively by an ISDN line.

Almost all cinema audiences will have heard Don’s voice. It is described as breathy, deep, sonorous and ominous."

hahah i read an article about this in Life magazine a while ago.
they interviewed a few people, as well as the "you got mail!" guy from AOL, and the lady who goes "we're sorry, the number you dialed is unavaible. please hang up and try again" and things like that.

hahah that lady's interview was pretty funny, cuz she was telling the interviewer about how when she meets people for the first time, sometimes they'd say "you sound very familiar, have we met before?" =)

kramer.jpg

:shifty: :wink:

:lol: A friend of mine knows Don LaFontaine's daughter. He's eaten dinner at their house before & says it's the funniest thing to hear the "In a woorrld" guy say, "Pass the salt." :lol:

tuwie said:
hahah i read an article about this in Life magazine a while ago.
they interviewed a few people, as well as the "you got mail!" guy from AOL, and the lady who goes "we're sorry, the number you dialed is unavaible. please hang up and try again" and things like that.

hahah that lady's interview was pretty funny, cuz she was telling the interviewer about how when she meets people for the first time, sometimes they'd say "you sound very familiar, have we met before?" =)
:laugh:

similar story: my boyfriend hung my picture on some walls of the hostel he runs and when I came to visit him everyone was pointing at me and asking me if it was possible they saw me in some ads..

It was :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom