The movie quote thread (to end all movie quote threads)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shit Sandwich

He called the shit 'poop'!

Knibb High football rules!!

Stop looking at me swan!
Billy Madison

You look like a pink nightmare!

You used up all the glue on purpose!

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Ovaltine? A crummy commercial? Son of a bitch!

Randy lay there like a slug...it was his only defense.
A Christmas Story

Now what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Nobody can eat 50 eggs!
Cool Hand Luke

But it goes to 11
if I wasn't so heavily seditated, I would be really pissed off right now
:tsk: on nbcrusader for leaving those out

Humperdink, Humperdink, Humperdink
As you wish

I'm to old for this shit--Lethal Weapon

If I had a nickel for every time that ball saved me, I'd have a shitload of nickels!

I sped. I followed too closely. I ran a stop sign. I almost hit a Chevy. I sped some more. I failed to yield at a crosswalk. I changed lanes at an intersection. I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light and SPEEDING!

Does Barry Manilow know you stole his wardrobe?

Lester in American Beauty

I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me. But it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once... and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember... to relax, and not try to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain. And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. Don't worry... you will someday

Airplane..

Captain Oveur: You ever been in a cockpit before?
Joey: No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.
Captain Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?
Captain Oveur: Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

Elaine Dickinson: You got a letter from headquarters this morning.
Ted Striker: What is it?
Elaine Dickinson: It's a big building where generals meet, but that's not important.

Swingers..

Mike: Haven't you seen Boyz N The Hood? Now one of us is going to get shot.

Trent: You're so money and you don't even know it!

Trent: All I do is stare at their mouths and wrinkle my nose, and I turn out to be a sweetheart.

Jerry Maguire..

You had me at hello

Did you know the human head weighs eight pounds?

Show me the money!

And that whole Kevin Costner speech from Bull Durham-I believe in long, slow, deep, wet kisses :blahblah:

The Hours..

Virginia Woolf: Dear Leonard, To look life in the face, always, to look life in the face, and to know it for what it is. At last to know it, to love it, for what it is, and then, to put it away.

Virginia Woolf: Leonard, you cannot find peace by avoiding life.

Clarissa Vaughn: That is what we do. That is what people do. They stay alive for each other.

Virginia Woolf: If I were thinking clearly, Leonard, I would tell you that I wrestle alone in the dark, in the deep dark, and that only I can know. Only I can understand my condition. You live with the threat, you tell me you live with the threat of my extinction. Leonard, I live with it too.

Last edited:
daisybean said:
But it goes to 11
if I wasn't so heavily seditated, I would be really pissed off right now
:tsk: on nbcrusader for leaving those out

The sedation quote was included :shame:

The full "11" dialogue:

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and -
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [Pause] These go to eleven.

oh, sorry guys, if the hijacking comment offended. I meant it jokingly...After all, I did participate in the hijacking myself. Sorry :(

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
-Gladiator :love:

Last edited:
oliveu2cm said:

It was kind of a lame quote. :| :shrug:

A better one:

"Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here!"
~As Good As It Gets

:lol: I love the dialogue in that movie...this one is my favorite:

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good."

These are mine.

Steel Magnolias:
Smile! It increases your face value!

he doesn't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt.

Zoolander:
I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really good looking.
And I plan on finding out what that is.

What is this? A center for ants?! How can we be expected to
teach children to learn how to read if they can't even fit inside the building?

Jerry Maguire:
Show me the money! (I know this one is soo old)

I did NOT "shoplift the pootie"!
Alright. I shoplifted the pootie.

Did you know the human head weighs eight pounds?

nbcrusader said:
From my all-time favorite comedy SPINAL TAP:

Lt. Hookstratten: May I start by saying how thrilled we are to have you here. We are such fans of your music and all of your records. I'm not speaking of yours personally, but the whole genre of the rock and roll.

David St. Hubbins: We say, "Love your brother." We don't say it really, but -
Nigel Tufnel: We don't literally say it.
David St. Hubbins: No, we don't say it.
Nigel Tufnel: We don't really, actually mean it.
David St. Hubbins: No, we don't believe it either, but -
Nigel Tufnel: But we're not racists.
David St. Hubbins: But that message should be clear.

David St. Hubbins: Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.

Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.

Nigel Tufnel: The sustain, listen to it.
Marty DiBergi: I don't hear anything.
Nigel Tufnel: Well you would though, if it were playing.

Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Ian Faith: Nigel gave me a drawing that said 18 inches. Now, whether or not he knows the difference between feet and inches is not my problem. I do what I'm told.
David St. Hubbins: But you're not as confused as him are you. I mean, it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel.

spinal tap is the funniest comedy EVER. i would marry nigel if i ever met him...his "logic" is just brilliant. it's just so fucking funny...

Starwars:
Luke: "I'm looking for a great warrior"
Yoda: "Wars not make one great"

The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (TV Episode) D. Adams

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

The Million Dollar Hotel / Wenders

Wow, after I jumped it occurred to me life is perfect, life is the best,
full of magic, beauty, opportunity... and television... and surprises, lots
of surprises, yeah. And then there?s the best stuff of course, better than
anything anyone ever made up, 'cause it?s real...

The wrath of Khan
Spock: the need of the many outweighed the needs of the few

Klaus

bonosgirl84 said:
spinal tap is the funniest comedy EVER. i would marry nigel if i ever met him...his "logic" is just brilliant. it's just so fucking funny...

I just love how confused Nigel appears in the movie. I can't wait for "A Mighty Wind"

I almost forgot that one:

Waldorf, Statler
sandw.jpg

"You know they are doing something i wish i had done years ago..."
"what's that?"
"leaving"
"hohohoho" :)

"Aaaand thennnn..." - Dude Where's My Car

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America is ruled by it like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come." - Terrence Mann in Field of Dreams

Shoeless Joe: Is this heaven?
Ray: No, it's Iowa.
- Field of Dreams

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" - The Princess Bride

"We've been jammed!" - Space Balls

Mrs. Clayton, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" rocks! :up:.

Eddie: I can't swim.
Clark: I know, Eddie.

:lol:.

Ah, yes...

Anyway, other ones:

From Tommy Boy:

"Try an association, like: Let's say the average person uses 10 percent of their brain. How much do you use? One and a half percent."

"Hey, Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it Spanky?"

From The Wedding Singer:

Kid: Hey, Linda.
*Linda waves*
Kid: You're a bitch.
Robbie: We think he may have Tourette's Syndrome...

And when he's singing "Love Stinks" at that wedding of that one couple:

"This thing they call love is gonna make you cry (turns to couple)...I hate you"

From Father of the Bride:

"He's just like you, Daddy. Except he's brilliant".

From A Very Brady Sequel:

"May I have your attention, please? Will those of you singing and dancing in the aisles please sit down and shut up?"

And one more, from my favorite movie, Good Morning, Vietnam:

"I can't even make fun of Richard Nixon, and there's a man that's screaming out to be made fun of!"

So, so true...

Angela

Back
Top Bottom