The Mountain Goats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The Sunset Tree is one of the most brilliant albums of 2005. The clever songwriting and melodies are nothing short of exceptional. Have a listen now if you havent already....

i think i've heard this cd once or twice. yes, good songwriting, if i recall, and for some reason his voice reminds me of the guy from the decemberists. the song i have on my computer is 'this year'. i love the line, 'i'm gonna make it through this year, if it kills me.' :up:

i'll have to look them up again. thanks for bringing it back to my attention, EP.

I do not like the mountain goats AT ALL. That song of theirs, 'dance music' was in heavy rotation on jjj for quite awhile and that song gives me the shits BIGTIME! I have turn the channel whenever it comes on.

That guy's voice is so annoying! I can understand lmj's comparison to the lead singer of The Decemberists, but for some reason I don't mind his voice and I despise the guy from the mountain goat's voice.

Calluna said:
I do not like the mountain goats AT ALL. That song of theirs, 'dance music' was in heavy rotation on jjj for quite awhile and that song gives me the shits BIGTIME! I have turn the channel whenever it comes on.

That guy's voice is so annoying! I can understand lmj's comparison to the lead singer of The Decemberists, but for some reason I don't mind his voice and I despise the guy from the mountain goat's voice.

Then dont listen to Joanna Newsome!!! Ever!!!

I keep hearing "Tallahassee" on the radio and thinking it's the Decemberists - which I approve of.

This album is definitely one of the finest of the year. I'm gonna say right now that it's better than Picaresque. Better lyrics, better singing, better arrangements. And I'm one of the hugest Decemberists fans out there. This is just more honest, real, affecting, interesting, and beautiful.

Every song is great for different reasons.

2 days ago I didn't even particularly like this album. But now in my top 5 of the year (and i've heard probably about 200 albums from this year)

Look into:
Magpie
Lion's Teeth
Broom People
Dilaudid

Even if you don't like his other stuff. Give it a try. I had dance music 5 months ago and didn't really like it. now i do. and all the rest. seriously. wow. wow wow wow.

Elvis Presley knows his shit.

And this sweet sucker is produced by John Vanderslice who also has a pretty sweet new album out.

Oh. And I see Decemberists similarities. But moreso Neutral Milk Hotel similarities.

i'll have to take a look.

even if calluna tells me otherwise.

calluna and elvis are two valuable voices of reason and music. everyone should heed their calls, except when they conflict each other...

then it's time to rely on deathbear96.

that's what i'm gonna go ahead and do.

why...WHY am i still talking. why.

i just discovered this band

im loving it

i also always love when i start to get into a band and check the band index and EP has given that band a thumbs up, makes me feel like im on the right track.

Last edited:
I cannot believe people are bumping threads that are more than a year old.

:yes:

I was just teasing ya, because Headache in a Douchebag told me off for doing the exact same thing with a Pearl Jam thread recently.

Any songs that you can recommend?

Wait, you mean to tell me that Chizip is into something that has to do with goats?

Big shocker there.

:wink:

I've still never heard anything by this group, and Atom and His Package supposedly loves them!

Haven't liked what I've heard so far but I don't know what I've heard so far; one or two songs off of The Sunset Tree.

u2popmofo said:
Wait, you mean to tell me that Chizip is into something that has to do with goats?

Big shocker there.

yeah i was searching for naked pictures of mountain goats on the internet, and accidentally found the band's website

Back
Top Bottom