The MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, it's like if Alvarez beats McGregor and RDA wins, then you'd think they might give RDA a rematch when Khabib gets injured again. And then you have a guy who's long ass win streak gets dashed and he loses the title shot he was knocking at the door of to a guy who only got one win because they're 155ers and not heavyweights.

Yeah, but, RDA is one of my favorite fighters period, and I fucking HATE Tony Ferguson. A lot. He beat Barboza because of that fucking illegal headkick, he almost lost to Lando Vannata, that win against Thomson was legit as hell, but then before that he has a lot of wins in common with Khabib and RDA so...IDK, he's CERTAINLY impressive, and he's a scary scary dude, but...yeah.

EDIT: Wait, re-reading your post, are you saying that RDA being the 155 champ was flukey?

Dude, these fucking ads for 205. Is there a Lightweight champ or is there only McGregor?

EDIT: Oh wait, this one had a lot of Alvarez in it.

Yeah, but, RDA is one of my favorite fighters period, and I fucking HATE Tony Ferguson. A lot. He beat Barboza because of that fucking illegal headkick, he almost lost to Lando Vannata, that win against Thomson was legit as hell, but then before that he has a lot of wins in common with Khabib and RDA so...IDK, he's CERTAINLY impressive, and he's a scary scary dude, but...yeah.

EDIT: Wait, re-reading your post, are you saying that RDA being the 155 champ was flukey?

I would have liked to have seen the Khabib Fergueson fight.

On the edit part, no not at all. I'm saying 155 is too stacked that even without money fight matchmaking to throw its monkey wrench in and jam up a more merit-based contender system to determine title shots, I'm just saying that it bums me out that even a really good, clearly top fighter in that division like RDA could turn around and get another shot at the title the way I felt like if Condit had beaten Maia it could have gone. It's not exactly the same, RDA had the belt and Condit lost a close decision (that I felt like he won tbh) against Lawler. But it's the same idea, an absurdly stacked division with top 5 guys on lengthy win streaks where it looks like one guy can be right back in for a title shot with 1 win. :shrug: I got distracted. is it over yet?

I'm sure it is. I stopped watching because it was obvious Ferguson won and I can't stand to see his fucking little face get his arm raised.

RDA didn't even fucking try to finish in the fifth round, even though it was pretty clear he needed to. I have no idea why he left Kings, but he better get his ass back there. No idea why a guy who is now on a 2-fight losing streak would think this is the optimum time to start his own fight camp.

It's crazy how in such a short span of time it goes from the floating Rogan head promos being like "Kings MMA is no joke, Cordeiro is one of the most underrated coaches, absolute killers in the lightweight and heavyweight champs, obligatory use of the word monster" to neither those guys have the belts anymore.

I didnt know anything about RDA leaving that gym prior to this fight tho. But that's the thing, right? The "oh I lost let me shake things up and change camps or make a camp around me instead"?

Exactly. Werdum lost, but he's old, you know? And they went right back to work and he kicked ass in his next fight.

RDA is relatively young. He lost and ran for the hills because people were fake to him or something.

Speaking of Werdum's last fight, the difference between Cordeiro's actual cornering and Edmund not going to try to spell his last name was pretty hilarious.

Werdum, responsible for two of my favorite MMA moments.

This is the other one:

heknew.jpeg

Dat smile, tho.

A lot of MMA this weekend watching Bellator in Israel right now and then tomorrow of course the big 205 which will be fun but also that cage warriors in the UK that's going to be pretty good too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom