The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
1. Hank Aaron- 755
2. Barry Bonds*- 714
2. Babe Ruth- 714
4. Willie Mays- 660
5. Interference MLB Thread Part One- 615
6. Sammy Sosa- 588
7. Frank Robinson- 586
8. Mark McGwire- 583
Dead Last. Interference MLB Thread Part Deux- :sad:

Cuban defector, Soler, starts tonight for the Metropolitans.....Should be interesting, given all the buzz.

after last night, he best go at least 7...

:shrug: he's supposedly as good as contreras was at the same age... which is encouraging, but it took contreras a while to get used to pitching in the US.

but unlike contrears, soler's family is already in new york, so that shouldn't be an issue.

back to last night's game... great come back for the mets, terrible loss for the phillies... only saving grace for the phillies is that madson was terrific... 100+ pitches in relief.

i forget who said it but someone said that madson's best start of the year started in the 9th inning

Last edited:
that was a wild one for sure.

I'm glad that Beltran got the walk off. I think he needed it to prove to the fans that last year was a fluke, he's worth the money, and that he can get "the big hit"

ahem, unlike Double Play-Rod:wink:

so numb, headache, we apparently got el duke for Julio, what you guys think?

I think it will get us by for the time being.

Omar loves his Cubans and Dominicans.

hey, el duque's proven that he can play both in new york and in the post-season... hasn't been doing well in orlando, but hey, he's better than lima or jermi gonzalez... and on top of it we get rid of julio.

i like it

the only issue, of course, is that they just taxed their bullpen last night, and now with this trade they're going to be a man short in the pen because i doubt herandez will be here in time

While we're talking about Mets deals, the entire AL East would like to give you a collective "you suck" for dealing away Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano.

I like the move. I suppose it will shorten our bullpen. The remaining guys are gonna have to step up.

El Duke can be almost unhittable at times. Will he be the #4, behind Trachsel or 5th behind Soler ? (Who by the way looked real sharp after he got through the 1st last night)

Pedro
Glavine
Trachsel
Soler
El Duke

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom