The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad: - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2006, 12:17 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Numb1075
I like the move. I suppose it will shorten our bullpen. The remaining guys are gonna have to step up.

El Duke can be almost unhittable at times. Will he be the #4, behind Trachsel or 5th behind Soler ? (Who by the way looked real sharp after he got through the 1st last night)

Pedro
Glavine
Trachsel
Soler
El Duke

The question, as always, is whether you're going to get the 28-year-old El Duque or the 85-year-old El Duque.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:36 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

the 86 year old El Duque is better than Lima Time

Old 05-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

According to Buster Olney:

The best possible situation you can have with Orlando Hernandez at this stage in his career, a high-ranking American League executive said last night, is when you don't have to count on him.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Funny how ESPN.com lists him at 36 years old and baseball-reference.com lists him at 40.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:45 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Jose Reyes is obviously taking the "B12" vitamin supplement

his 2nd Hr this series
Old 05-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #36
War Child

Local Time: 04:45 PM
Mike and The Mad Dog on the radio.............ugh, this is terrible.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

I can take them in small doses. They get real whiney sometimes
Old 05-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

fantasy baseball question: what do you think of this trade? Meaning, is it lopsided in any way for either side......

Ichiro/Beckett for Manny Ramirez

I'm looking to deal Manny because I am in 1st place w/ HRs and it doesn't matter if I hit 500 HRs this season, I am at my maximum in points given to me (I can afford to lose 1 hr hitter). I am in the middle of the pack w/ pitching wins and last in SBs. So I thought that ichiro could give me SBs and Beckett some more wins....Thoughts?
Old 05-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #39
War Child

I would take Beckett and Ichiro in a second Over Manny. true Manny will prolly get scorching hot, but Beckett has s much upside with Boston.

I would do it if I were you.......

I myself just made a trade in my league

My last trade is paying off bigtime (I got Beltran for Damon)
Old 05-26-2006, 11:16 AM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

i've got Damon on my team. he's the only guy on my team who actually steals a base
Old 05-27-2006, 12:06 AM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Wells got fucking nailed on his knee.

He was pitching really well, as well.

Oh well.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor

always nice when you get a new pitcher and in his first start he gets an at bat before he throws a single pitch.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:33 PM   #43
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

And so begins the talk of performance enhancing substances.
No, it will be that Pujols isn't as young as his "birth certificate" claims him to be.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:39 AM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor

not for nothing, someone just passed babe ruth and there's not even a post on it.

now, obviously the steroid use is of issue. but not for nothing, wether he would have gotten here without the steroids or not, there is no question in my mind... barry bonds is the greatest player i've ever seen. period.

and one day, when i have kids... when i have grandkids... i'll tell them of the times that i saw barry bonds in person. i'll tell them of the time when i was 12/13 years old, the mets are playing the pirates, i tell my parents i'm going to the bathroom, end up watching barry bonds hit from the screen on the field level behind the left field wall, and barry hits a rocket shot off the screen right in front of me. i'll tell them o 9-10 years later when i got to the ballpark early to watch bonds take batting practice... of the shot he hit off the top of the centerfield-side scoreboard pepsi sign durring BP, and then the two bombs he hit over the strikeout sign at shea durring the game... i've never seen anyone do what he did.

now of course, people are pissed about the steroids. but frankly, half the game was on the juice at the time. why are we so quick to deamonize bonds when we know very well that every single last one of us rooted for a player who was using steroids... that person may not have ever been caught, but you know... there was at least one player on every single team using 'roids. and you rooted for him. and not for nothing, you probaly still root for him.

yet bonds we're all supposed to hate. i, for one, don't. i actually sympathize with the man... the man who was considered to be the best player in baseball and a first ballot hall of famer before he stuck a single needle into his body... a man who saw his own star being eclipsed by mark mcgwire and sammy sosa, men who he who he knew were juicing... so he went out to prove a point, the point that if he was juicing, too, he'd put their numbers to shame. and he did.

was it right? no... but i'm not going to be the hypocrite who hates on one when i rooted for another who did the same things, just with less success.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:09 AM   #45
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
not for nothing, someone just passed babe ruth and there's not even a post on it.

now, obviously the steroid use is of issue. but not for nothing, wether he would have gotten here without the steroids or not, there is no question in my mind... barry bonds is the greatest player i've ever seen. period.

and one day, when i have kids... when i have grandkids... i'll tell them of the times that i saw barry bonds in person. i'll tell them of the time when i was 12/13 years old, the mets are playing the pirates, i tell my parents i'm going to the bathroom, end up watching barry bonds hit from the screen on the field level behind the left field wall, and barry hits a rocket shot off the screen right in front of me. i'll tell them o 9-10 years later when i got to the ballpark early to watch bonds take batting practice... of the shot he hit off the top of the centerfield-side scoreboard pepsi sign durring BP, and then the two bombs he hit over the strikeout sign at shea durring the game... i've never seen anyone do what he did.

now of course, people are pissed about the steroids. but frankly, half the game was on the juice at the time. why are we so quick to deamonize bonds when we know very well that every single last one of us rooted for a player who was using steroids... that person may not have ever been caught, but you know... there was at least one player on every single team using 'roids. and you rooted for him. and not for nothing, you probaly still root for him.

yet bonds we're all supposed to hate. i, for one, don't. i actually sympathize with the man... the man who was considered to be the best player in baseball and a first ballot hall of famer before he stuck a single needle into his body... a man who saw his own star being eclipsed by mark mcgwire and sammy sosa, men who he who he knew were juicing... so he went out to prove a point, the point that if he was juicing, too, he'd put their numbers to shame. and he did.

was it right? no... but i'm not going to be the hypocrite who hates on one when i rooted for another who did the same things, just with less success.
I liked Giambi before and I still like him, maybe moreso. He admitted, or didn't deny what he did. Bonds never did.

It's not just about the roids. Likability comes into play. Bonds is a prick. Look at the way he carries himself, the way he dances after a homer. The guy gives you a lot of reasons not to like him.

He is a great player without the roids. One of the best. Perhaps the best us younger fans have ever seen. I can't shoot you down on that one.