The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad: - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2006, 12:09 AM   #331
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:20 PM
The reason I'm surprised is I thought everyone hated AJ.

He'd have more RBIs if Thome, Konerko and Dye wouldn't clear the bases so often.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:11 AM   #332
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

Kudos to Nomar for winning the NL vote. Comeback player of the year...
The fact that Nomaaaahhhh had to get in that way is a joke. Until being overtaken by Freddie Sanchez last night, he was leading the NL in batting average.
Why isn't that guy a manager's selection?

Old 07-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #333
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm reallly impressed w/ Nomar this year. I didn't think he could do it anymore.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #334
ONE
love, blood, life

why is Lima scheduled to pitch tonight?

If we are so desperate for an arm, bring up Pelfrey.

Or trade for Jose Canseco and get his steriod enhanced knuckleball out onto the mound.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:16 AM   #335
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Liriano deserved the final AL spot, but unfortunately there are, at last count, only 24 Minnesota Twins fans in the entire world.

Hopefully AJ gets hit by a pitch, leading to the winning run. It'd be a win-win situation for the AL.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:43 PM   #336
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
The reason I'm surprised is I thought everyone hated AJ.

He'd have more RBIs if Thome, Konerko and Dye wouldn't clear the bases so often.
After watching the game tonight and seeing that lineup's numbers, I can understand that now.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:46 AM   #337
War Child

Local Time: 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Numb1075
why is Lima scheduled to pitch tonight?

If we are so desperate for an arm, bring up Pelfrey.

Or trade for Jose Canseco and get his steriod enhanced knuckleball out onto the mound.
I don't like the fact that you used the term "pitch" Numb.

What he does is NOT pitching. I do not know what it is...But I assure you it is not pitching.

Grand Slam.......I mean its the God Damn Pitcher.

Ahhhhhh hooey!!!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #338
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:20 PM
If it wasn't Liriano, it should have been Hafner over AJ.

Man, I wish the Rangers still had Hafner.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #339
Blue Crack Addict

If David Ortiz has a second half like the first half, I can't see how he's not the MVP this year, DH and all...
Old 07-09-2006, 10:23 AM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

^yeah well, we'll see about that

I cannot stomach that Fox though, they make Remy and Orsillo sound like Shakespeare in the park.

I just read this on the boston.com RS msg board and I can't stop laughing

"You know, when McCarver first started doing games years and years ago he was excellent. He had an excellent baseball background and his comments were insightful and to the point. At some point, someone must have encouraged him to motormouth it. He went from being a fairly quiet but useful guy in the booth (someone who talks when he has something useful to say) to being a dopey guy who seems amazed by his own points. He became the kind of announcer who could watch one player grab his crotch, see another adjust his cup his ten minutes later (his own cup, not the first player's), and then come up with a theory: "You know, I've noticed that both Ortiz and Manny seem to be grabbing their crotch a whole lot this season. It's funny because I've found myself doing the same thing here in the booth. Must be a lot of that crotch thing going around. I'm going to have to keep my eye on it. If you know what I mean. I mean, I'm not going to keep my eye on Manny or David's crotch. No, no. My own crotch is plenty for me. Boy, don't those two guys bring a whole lot of crotch to the Red Sox lineup? You could call them The Big Crotch. In a matter of speaking. If you know what I mean. Oh, oh. Look there. Jonathan Papelbon just grabbed his crotch too. That's the kind of leadership Ortiz brings to this lineup. I wouldn't be surprised if many Sox players will soon be grabbing their crotches just like Big Papi."

Another post

"McCarver and Buck both Stink. All they do is talk over the Game and take away from the action on the Field.

Buck is a little Punk. He is a carbon copy of all the Punks that they have employed at ESPN. in recent years. He (and they) think every broadcast is about him and what he thinks. He tries to make politically correct comments and statements.

He also (without class) makes sarcastic remarks about Players and different personalities in the game. His entire focus is on anything controversial and to see how many cute, obnoxious one -liner remarks he can squeeze in during a broadcast

Joe Buck you are No Jack Buck Sir, and you never will be. It is obvious that your Father did not pass on any class, humility or dignity to you.

These two guys represent what low depths journalists and broadcasters have reached these days.

Thes two guys are thet biggest cry-baby spoiled rotten, boring broadcast teams in all of sports."

I can't wait to read that Feeding The Monster book, it's out Tuesday
Old 07-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #341
Blue Crack Distributor

i've been watching this red sox/white sox marathon on inHD, the HD network that just puts random baseball games on for no particular reason...

anyways... I must say that the white sox announcers may be the most obvious homer announcers i've ever heard... yet somehow i still like 'em more than michael kay. go figure.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #342
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:20 PM
Hawk and DJ are okay. DJ should never call a homerun again. The 2 he called last year were brutal. He tries to steal Hawk's thunder by chiming in on the "Yes!!"

This game is killing me. 19 frigging innings!
Old 07-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #343
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i've been watching this red sox/white sox marathon on inHD, the HD network that just puts random baseball games on for no particular reason...

anyways... I must say that the white sox announcers may be the most obvious homer announcers i've ever heard... yet somehow i still like 'em more than michael kay. go figure.
I like hawk and dj, I like it when the announcers actually care about the team they're talking about

some of Ken Harrelsons stories get a little repetitive, but they are mostly entertaining to listen to

great game today for the sox too
Old 07-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #344
Blue Crack Addict

What a killer of a game that was. Oh well, at least it happened right before the break...

The win streak for Contreras is still intact thanks to Dye, but he still seems like a different pitcher every time he faces the Red Sox. Just one of those things, I guess.

I thought the game was over the minute Tavarez stepped on the mound. I was shocked that he pitched four shutout innings...
Old 07-10-2006, 07:09 AM   #345
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
If David Ortiz has a second half like the first half, I can't see how he's not the MVP this year, DH and all...
You can't overlook Arod's defensive contributions, that alone puts him atop the MVP list.