The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
r2964478901.jpg

:bow::sad:

After tonight's throw-out-interfering debacle, I'm thinking that my hopes and dreams of a playoff appearance for the Rangers have effectively flown into the cool Oakland night.

Looking like it'll probably be third place again.

Anyone catch Primetime Medical Mysteries last night on TV?

It showcased a bunch of freaky medical mysteries including a disease where you have some sort of fiber protruding from under your skin and it feels like bugs are crawling on you. Eventually, your bones and muscles hurt and you eventually die.

Former MLB pitcher Billy Koch has this disease as does his wife. His wife was interviewed (Billy declined). She said that Billy came up to her and said "I can't even throw a ball anymore, whats happening?".

Headache in a Suitcase said:

I consider myself a true mets fan, but considering the circumstances and the huge lead we have for the divison.....I wanted him to beat us last night...:reject:

When he hit that first pitch from Heilman, I didnt go "NO" or through an expletive out either. He was everything to the mets and I will never forget that.

The curtain call was very nice by the fans......although booing after the second tatter was a bit much for me.

Funny that Piazza owns three of the absolute best in the National league (Clemens, Pedro, Schmidt) He doesnt just beat up on 4th and 5th starters.

That being said ................. GO METS!!! and Piazza:wink:

that's exactly how I wanted his return to Shea to happen. Get standing ovations, hit a few bombs, and then lose.

good sox-tigers series this weekend

if my sox have a sliver of hope in the division they sweep and get the deficit to only 5 1/2 games

I'm Ready said:
good sox-tigers series this weekend

if my sox have a sliver of hope in the division they sweep and get the deficit to only 5 1/2 games

well maybe no one cares, but the sox swept:D

*groan*

Anybody else think the Red Sox should dirll Mike Lowell in the head with a fastball every day during batting practice?

Caught a minor league Mets game, the Brooklyn Cyclones on Saturday. This was the first minor league game I've been to. Keyspan park is a beautiful setting for a ball park......right on the beach w/ views of the Atlantic ocean, a great view of the Coney Island Amusement park. it looks like you can reach out and touch the parachutte jump which sits just beyond the right field fence.

Minor league games are very hokey.....lots of music piping in, lots of mascots, lots of give aways, and lots of fan participation.....

all for a 12 dollar ticket.

Too bad the surrounding area is complete crap.

keyspan.jpg
[/IMG]

The Mets are talking about getting Shawn Green....Better ask him if he can pitch........sheesh 13 zip in the 5th with pedro going:madspit:

Dont get me wrong Im not bitching about one game, just the fact that our pitching situation is not the best and if you are comfortable with it your as fucked in the head as my gramps!!!:wink:

I am happy I didnt go to tonights game though, I would have been very upset.

phillyfan26 said:

there's always next year.:wink:

TheBrush - I'm not thrilled w/ our starting pitching either, however, Trachsel has looked good recently and Maine has looked fantastic, so it's not too bleak.

at least we aren't throwing Lima Time out there.

Numb1075 said:

TheBrush - I'm not thrilled w/ our starting pitching either, however, Trachsel has looked good recently and Maine has looked fantastic, so it's not too bleak.

at least we aren't throwing Lima Time out there.

Well I will agree I am happy its not Lima Time, but if we get excited about Trachsel you know we are in trouble!!

I realize our squad isnt ever gonna be perfect and you could always improve a bit here and there but I just think something is missing is all.

Numb1075 said:

I know. Unfortunately, people are getting their hopes up some here. I'm certain we have zero chance of making the playoffs. We have Scott Mathieson and Jon Lieber who are like guaranteed losses 2 out of 5 days, and 2 other shaky starters. Our bullpen now has NO steady pitchers. And people think we have a shot?

but aren't the Fighting Phils only like 3.5 games out of the wild card? Anything can happen....a hot streak or some injuries on the teams ahead of them.

Numb1075 said:
but aren't the Fighting Phils only like 3.5 games out of the wild card? Anything can happen....a hot streak or some injuries on the teams ahead of them.

Yes they are 3.5 but they aren't good enough. They are inconsistent in every aspect of the game. Pat Burrell is the worst player in history at this point. The pitching absolutely sucks. Really, we are Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, David Delucci, and Chris Coste with 21 bafoons.

I bet the Phillies are also enjoying the Florida swampland that they obtained from George Steinbrenner in exchange for Bobby Abreu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom