The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
randhail said:
Did George offer up any lube to the Phillies or fans after getting raped today in the trade?

Even he knows that this fan base is on the verge of cracking. He knows his life could be at stake if he provokes us.

:crazy: :faint: :censored: :mad:

Worst. Trade. EVER. :rant:

Looks like Chase Utley and Ryan Howard are about the only things I've got to look forward to for the next couple of years. Mediocrity, here we come! :|

Basically the Phils just decided to hand the AL to the Yanks...I didn't realize Philadelphia was a struggling small market team who can't afford its payroll.

The Phillies aren't a small market team because of this - they really did need to free up payroll that is going nowhere, though.

But, they are mediocre. This is still 100% Ed Wade screwing us over. It's one level down from Isiah in New York. That's how bad it is. We still have to deal with Burrell's deal, Lieberthal's been killing us for years, somehow Wolf is getting nine million, etc. He dealt Rolen and Schilling for nothing.

So, Gillick is forced to start the whole thing over - Utley, Howard, and Myers for years is all we'll have.

phillyfan26 said:
Utley Hit Streak: 32 games

I love this, but then I went to check the score and we're down like 13 runs.....shit. It's going to be a long year.....I hope Gillick has some tricks up his sleeve for the offseason...

phanan said:

David Ortiz - MVP
Only if he gets his defense to Arod levels, otherwise blue lips gets it again for the stellar glove work and clutch hitting when the Yanks are up or down 7 or more runs.

Hewson said:
Only if he gets his defense to Arod levels, otherwise blue lips gets it again for the stellar glove work and clutch hitting when the Yanks are up or down 7 or more runs.

In one Bill Simmons mailbag, it said something like:

"The Red Sox pitched to A-Rod in an eight-run game, and he hit a three-run homer. What is Terry Francona doing? He hits like .900 in 6-10 run games. You HAVE to intentionally walk him in that situation."

Utley Hit Streak: 34 games

(someone has to do this for me next week while I'm on vacation!)

Hewson said:
No need, the streak will end before you depart.:ohmy:

:madspit:

What makes you think that? Don't feed my the stuff about the third Cardinals game against the same pitcher and on a Thursday bit that SportsCenter tried to feed me.

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom