The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Numb1075 said:

perhaps we can lure El Sid Fernandez to come out of retirement and pitch some relief innings as well.

Make sure the post game food spread can feed a small village.
They could all pitch to Cecil Fielder

you can not stop the royals, you can only hope to contain them

and look out, here come Roger McDowell's Braves making a surge.

pub crawler said:
My prediction is that Jeff Weaver will pick up nine wins for the Cards in the 2nd half.
Off to a flying start with a 13.50 ERA

Imagine this clown and Rick Ankiel in the same rotation...the Cards could conceivably finish behind the Pirates if they add Ankiel to the starting 5.

let's see how ponson does tonight:wink:

was litening to sports radio today and they did a spoof on the old song "Don't Fear the Reaper"....the lyrics were changed to say "Don't feed the pitcher":wink:

Big win for the Red Sox tonight, mainly because Jon Lester pitched 8 innings after the Sox really milked their bullpen last night covering for the injured Tim Wakefield.

Last edited:
phanan said:

Somehow Diet Cokes don't belong on that list.
Its the old justification of a huge meal...

"2 Big Macs, a Supersize Fries, an Apple Pie, 10 McNuggets....and a small Diet Coke, I'm watching my calories"

I feel bad for him, he's been a hiunderance the past week or so.

2 time MVP - taken out early in one game for an injured toe (haha) and then DH over the weekend for a game.

I know he'll turn it around, and the yankee fans should just stop w/ the boos because it doesn't help.

but he's a real mess.

PS -Arron Heilman, you do that again, and I'll have you traded to Pittsburgh in a heartbeat.

If Omar Minaya thinks taht the Mets will will the world series w/o picking up a big time starter, then he is a complete ass.

I think Glavine can get exposed in the post season and I'm not sure we can bank on Pedro being Pedro circa 1999. Trachsel as a #3 is just dreadful.

Apparently Harold Reynolds managed to get fired from ESPN for sexual harassment, which means more insight from Tino Martinez and Jeff Brantley - joy. :sad:

I assume this info is coming from Deadspin?

link

There's one person claiming that it had to do with a clash of opinions rather than sexual harassment. Stay tuned.

I think it's pathetic that during a game in Arlington, the park is absolutely roaring with chants of "Let's go Yankees". Bandwagoning knows no bounds.

A lot of Yankees "fans" are staying at the hotel I work at since it's right next to the ballpark. I helped a family from Houston with their bags, all wearing Yankees jerseys and caps. When I asked why they weren't repping the 'Stros they said "Eh, they're not very good." Not only that, they had a 'Pittsburgh Steelers AFC Champions' sticker on the back of their SUV.

Bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom