The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Numb1075 said:

Howard hit that sign on his last shot. Did someone win something for that?

After homering into the Allegheny River earlier, the 2005 NL Rookie of the Year's fifth and decisive homer in the championship round banged off a "Hit It Here" sign above the right-field stands to give a lucky fan 500 free round-trip air tickets.

No idea who that fan is, but I'll be a Ryan Howard fan for life if they want to give them to me.

thanks !

Wait a sec......

500 round trip tix? that is a lot of flying. Who can travel that much? unless you just give out tix to all your friends, family, neighbors, and aquaintances at the bar.

I'm off June, July and part of August. I can fly that much. :wink:

As always, I was more entertained by the softball game afterwards than the derby.

At least Dye didn't embarrass himself and not hit any out.

i would have liked to have seen the sofball game, but it was on way past my bed time.....i need my beauty sleep

It wasn't the first time a player showed up to the clubhouse a little bleary-eyed, and it won't be the last. But Jorge Posada's exhaustion had absolutely nothing to do with enjoying the nightlife in Manhattan.

The Yankees held their All-Star catcher out of the lineup Sunday in Tampa Bay because he hasn't been sleeping well, staying up with his wife who is traumatized by what she saw on a flight from New York to Tampa on Thursday.

New York papers are reporting that Laura Posada, children Jorge Jr. and Paulina, a family aunt and cousin were in flight when a man charged down the aisle of their Delta airplane on the way toward the cockpit. He was subdued by male passengers in first class.

Laura Posada has had trouble sleeping since the incident.

"It's tough because she is up," Posada told the New York Post.

When Posada arrived in Cleveland on Thursday night, he was told of the experience. His shaken wife told the catcher she was hard-pressed to explain the situation to her son.

"She told him a couple of lies, trying to keep him from realizing what was going on," Posada told the New York Times. "I don't think he understood the whole thing."

Players and their families fly often. Yankees manager Joe Torre could see that his catcher was rattled and had no problem giving him a day off. Posada is trying to put the situation in perspective.

"It's a weird experience," Posada told the Times. "Nothing happened, and thank God for that."

I didn't hear about this incident at all. Interesting how these things are just minor blips on the news radar now. Scary

Come on guys. Who thought of me when Michael tripled?

Don't be shy :hug:

I loved how Joe Buck didn't really understand the double switch Ozzie Guillen did and decided to act like it was really hard and know one else would get it.

"Now, if you are scoring at hime, TRY to follow this..."

That and the fact that Ozzie, in the AL, knows the double switch, and Charlie Manuel in the NL doesn't made it a funny moment.

Bluer White said:
Is Joe Buck a popular announcer? Sometimes he's enough for me to change to the channel.

His reputation has gotten progressively worse. At the beginning he was not disliked, and he was the son of the great Jack Buck. But he's started being a little over-sensitive (see: Randy Moss fake mooning) and has grown to be disliked.

FOX still doesn't have a good football announcer, does it? I turn it to mute and listen to Merrill Reese (Eagles announcer, one of the all-time great - there's no way you can dislike his humor) everytime.

And their baseball announcers aren't any better.

Well if you're looking for a place for a guy with a history of alcohol related issues to play and have no temptation, NYC is right at the bottom of the list.

Picking up Sir Sidney, co-chair of the Lunch Bunch along with his good pal Bartolo Colon, is nothing short of desperation.

Anyone else hear that???? I'm watching the Dodgers v. Cards' game and I think it was Steve Lyon talking during J.D. Drew's at-bat...he then mentioned the pitcher having to change "yada yada yada. WHEN CUNT COMES UP! Err...When (jeff) Kent comes up!!!" WOW...:lol:

Man I was opposed to the Mets picking up a second pitcher by the name of Hernadez but it seems we already have two......El duque has this Jekyl and Hyde thing going on..........sigh, I know you can't win em all, but this weekend has been frustrating.

Perhaps they listen to my plea....not more than a half hour after I post this do they score 11 runs in the sixth, including two grand slams in this inning!!!!!

phanan said:
Funny how at the same time it appears David Wells might be able to come back again.

A Ponson-Wells matchup would be a sight to see...

perhaps we can lure El Sid Fernandez to come out of retirement and pitch some relief innings as well.

Make sure the post game food spread can feed a small village.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom