The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

Kudos to Nomar for winning the NL vote. Comeback player of the year...
The fact that Nomaaaahhhh had to get in that way is a joke. Until being overtaken by Freddie Sanchez last night, he was leading the NL in batting average.
Why isn't that guy a manager's selection?

why is Lima scheduled to pitch tonight?:banghead: :banghead:

If we are so desperate for an arm, bring up Pelfrey.

Or trade for Jose Canseco and get his steriod enhanced knuckleball out onto the mound.

Liriano deserved the final AL spot, but unfortunately there are, at last count, only 24 Minnesota Twins fans in the entire world.

Hopefully AJ gets hit by a pitch, leading to the winning run. It'd be a win-win situation for the AL.

Numb1075 said:
why is Lima scheduled to pitch tonight?:banghead: :banghead:

If we are so desperate for an arm, bring up Pelfrey.

Or trade for Jose Canseco and get his steriod enhanced knuckleball out onto the mound.

I don't like the fact that you used the term "pitch" Numb.

What he does is NOT pitching. I do not know what it is...But I assure you it is not pitching.

Grand Slam.......I mean its the God Damn Pitcher.

Ahhhhhh hooey!!!!!

If it wasn't Liriano, it should have been Hafner over AJ.

Man, I wish the Rangers still had Hafner.

hafnerud5qe.jpg

:sigh:

Last edited:
^yeah well, we'll see about that :|

I cannot stomach that Fox though, they make Remy and Orsillo sound like Shakespeare in the park.

I just read this on the boston.com RS msg board and I can't stop laughing

"You know, when McCarver first started doing games years and years ago he was excellent. He had an excellent baseball background and his comments were insightful and to the point. At some point, someone must have encouraged him to motormouth it. He went from being a fairly quiet but useful guy in the booth (someone who talks when he has something useful to say) to being a dopey guy who seems amazed by his own points. He became the kind of announcer who could watch one player grab his crotch, see another adjust his cup his ten minutes later (his own cup, not the first player's), and then come up with a theory: "You know, I've noticed that both Ortiz and Manny seem to be grabbing their crotch a whole lot this season. It's funny because I've found myself doing the same thing here in the booth. Must be a lot of that crotch thing going around. I'm going to have to keep my eye on it. If you know what I mean. I mean, I'm not going to keep my eye on Manny or David's crotch. No, no. My own crotch is plenty for me. Boy, don't those two guys bring a whole lot of crotch to the Red Sox lineup? You could call them The Big Crotch. In a matter of speaking. If you know what I mean. Oh, oh. Look there. Jonathan Papelbon just grabbed his crotch too. That's the kind of leadership Ortiz brings to this lineup. I wouldn't be surprised if many Sox players will soon be grabbing their crotches just like Big Papi."

Another post :laugh:

"McCarver and Buck both Stink. All they do is talk over the Game and take away from the action on the Field.

Buck is a little Punk. He is a carbon copy of all the Punks that they have employed at ESPN. in recent years. He (and they) think every broadcast is about him and what he thinks. He tries to make politically correct comments and statements.

He also (without class) makes sarcastic remarks about Players and different personalities in the game. His entire focus is on anything controversial and to see how many cute, obnoxious one -liner remarks he can squeeze in during a broadcast

Joe Buck you are No Jack Buck Sir, and you never will be. It is obvious that your Father did not pass on any class, humility or dignity to you.

These two guys represent what low depths journalists and broadcasters have reached these days.

Thes two guys are thet biggest cry-baby spoiled rotten, boring broadcast teams in all of sports."

I can't wait to read that Feeding The Monster book, it's out Tuesday :corn:

Last edited:
i've been watching this red sox/white sox marathon on inHD, the HD network that just puts random baseball games on for no particular reason...

anyways... I must say that the white sox announcers may be the most obvious homer announcers i've ever heard... yet somehow i still like 'em more than michael kay. go figure.

Hawk and DJ are okay. DJ should never call a homerun again. The 2 he called last year were brutal. He tries to steal Hawk's thunder by chiming in on the "Yes!!"

This game is killing me. 19 frigging innings!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i've been watching this red sox/white sox marathon on inHD, the HD network that just puts random baseball games on for no particular reason...

anyways... I must say that the white sox announcers may be the most obvious homer announcers i've ever heard... yet somehow i still like 'em more than michael kay. go figure.

I like hawk and dj, I like it when the announcers actually care about the team they're talking about

some of Ken Harrelsons stories get a little repetitive, but they are mostly entertaining to listen to

great game today for the sox too

What a killer of a game that was. Oh well, at least it happened right before the break...

The win streak for Contreras is still intact thanks to Dye, but he still seems like a different pitcher every time he faces the Red Sox. Just one of those things, I guess.

I thought the game was over the minute Tavarez stepped on the mound. I was shocked that he pitched four shutout innings...

phanan said:
If David Ortiz has a second half like the first half, I can't see how he's not the MVP this year, DH and all...

You can't overlook Arod's defensive contributions, that alone puts him atop the MVP list.

phanan said:

I thought the game was over the minute Tavarez stepped on the mound. I was shocked that he pitched four shutout innings...
The Psycho Hit Man from Scarface has been pitching better of late.
Now after the top of the 19th, I said the Sox (red) needed only to get through the bottom unscathed (thank you Rudy Seanez for nothing) cause you could see that Politte was gonna be in trouble. The shot of Varitek on the bench saying "damn" showed that he just missed a pitch he knows he should have drilled into the seats, then Joey "115lbs soaking wet" Cora drives one to the wall.
In the 20th Politte would have been touched for a crooked number...oh well, Meatloaf syndrome...2 out of 3 Ain't Bad.

Ahhh, I see!

The White Sock played like shit all weekend. Yesterday can only be described as a comedy of errors. The pitching has been especially suspect lately. They are not playing championship ball. The only redeeming thing from yesterday's game is that they now know Papalbon isn't untouchable.

I'm taking Ryan Howard to win the Derby tonight.

You heard it here first.

WildHoneyAlways said:
The only redeeming thing from yesterday's game is that they now know Papalbon isn't untouchable.

Well, I give Dye some credit there. Despite Thome's numbers and Konerko's consistency, I think he's the best player so far this year on that team. He was all over the place in that series.

inmyplace13 said:
I'm taking Ryan Howard to win the Derby tonight.

You heard it here first.

:hmm:

Don't know about that one, but I will say that I don't think David Ortiz will win, even though it would be great if he did. I see him coming down with Mark McGwire syndrome - that is, he'll blast a gazillion dingers in the first round and then tire himself out.

Then again, I think he goes last this time because he has the most homers, so maybe not...

:shrug:

phanan said:

Well, I give Dye some credit there. Despite Thome's numbers and Konerko's consistency, I think he's the best player so far this year on that team. He was all over the place in that series.
\

he's been easily the most consistent guy on the team

The system is kinda hokey.
Wright hits 2 in the 2nd round yet advances to the finals cause they carry your first round score over, but for the finals they don't carry your first and second round scores over. :huh:

Either way Howard was the deserved winner last night.
But they should have let him finish his finals round, so he could have swung at the gold ball and tried to add some more charity money.

Hewson said:
The system is kinda hokey.
Wright hits 2 in the 2nd round yet advances to the finals cause they carry your first round score over, but for the finals they don't carry your first and second round scores over. :huh:

stop hatin' on my boyfriend.:madspit:

Howard hit that sign on his last shot. Did someone win something for that?

Numb1075 said:

stop hatin' on my boyfriend.:madspit:

Howard hit that sign on his last shot. Did someone win something for that?

OMG Shut UP. Like you are like so like not dating him. Im like Dating him.

That two timing.....

ok, we can share:hug:

Who am I to judge:shrug:

Im cheating on Piazza with him so I guess turn-about is fair play.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom