The MLB Hot Stove Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he (zito) hasn't said that he wants to pitch in new york... but it is widly assumed, based on previous quotes and quotes from people close to zito that he would prefer to be on "a coast"... california or new york... he's big into music and culture and etc. and would rather not be in, say, arlington or kansas city.

combined that with the fact that he remains very close to rick peterson, and that the mets are in need of another starter... 1+1=2.

damn, BC denied us once again of passing Hank Aaron w/ 756 posts in one thread.

:madspit:

Ah, those were the day, right guys? am i right guys?:wink:

Last edited:
Numb1075 said:
damn, BC denied us once again of passing Hank Arron w/ 756 posts in one thread.

:madspit:

Ah, those were the day, right guys? am i right guys?:wink:
She's friggin quick too, right after 500 she put the hammer down.
:lock:

18 Million for a guy who hasn't won more than 16 games in 4 straight years (all on pretty good teams)

For 18 million, I want a guy who is a perenial Cy Young candidate

Boras needed to make up for the Matsuzaka deal. I agree, wanted him in the Bronx, but, just how many people can the Yankees overpay? :) A lot, I know.

Maybe this really does mean that if they deal Johnson they'll roll with a young guy or two in the rotation.

Bobby Murcer is having surgery on a brain tumor. Hope it goes well (I'm sure there are jokes to be made here, but, I'm rooting for Bobby to get through this trouble-free).

Numb1075 said:
18 Million for a guy who hasn't won more than 16 games in 4 straight years (all on pretty good teams)

For 18 million, I want a guy who is a perenial Cy Young candidate

You wouldn't have gotten that in this market. You think Johan Santana wouldn't have exceeded that number if he had been a free agent this year?

phanan said:

I doubt it. I think Clemens is the obvious target.

Clemens is a no brainer, agreed. But, if Johnson is gone, they have 3 starters...Mussina, Wang and Pettitte. I've read that they want Igawa in the pen. So, sure, they want Clemens, but they need 2 starters now, 1 if Igawa goes into the rotation...and as you know, Clemens, if he does elect to pitch, and pitch for the Yanks, is not gonna sign until mid-season.

So, yes, Clemens is a target, but they need someone for April.

they basically spent 9 million a year for the next 5 years to throw Igawa in the pen?

Chip, I've read both, that he'll start and that he'' relieve. Maybe the attempt to deal Johnson means the rotation. They have been craving a quality lefty out of the pen for years, though. That's a lot of $$$ for a reliever, though, agreed.

You guys gonna keep Weaver?

Igawa isn't going in the pen and Clemens probably won't go to the Yankees.
Let me get this straight here:
The Yankees ALLEGEDLY are looking to trade a 43 year old and then they are ALLEGEDLY looking to replace him with a 44 year old. Ain't buying it! This kind of talk is up there with "Joe Torre being fired" and "Arod being traded". Despite all the squawking, they never happened.

if Boras wasn't Weavers agent, I'd say yes, it seems like Weaver really wants to stay. But the Cardinals won't put up the kind of money Boras will demand, and someone will go crazy and give him a big contract based on the playoffs last year, while ignoring his 6 era during the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom