The MLB Hot Stove Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, yes, we all know Barry is a fool. Now on to more important things. Last month, Yankee announcer, Bobby Murcer had a brain tumor removed. It's now been determined that the tumor was malignant. Bobby has simply asked all of his fans to prayer for him because he will be in the fight of his life. I'll admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of Bobby Murcer the broadcaster, but I always thought he was a good guy. Please send your best wishes out to Bobby and his family.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
3/4s of baseball would test positive for amphedamines.... care = not

If they couldn't use amphetamines, they'd probably just use Sudafed or caffeine pills.

I almost feel badly for Barry. The media are like sharks circling the blood. But, hey, they're just doing their job, right? Plenty of guys have copped to taking uppers, but usually after their careers are over. If they ever find out that Bonds took steroids, who knows what MLB will do to his stats? It looks like he started juicing in 1998 going by his stats and his photos. Meanwhile SF is still hammering out a deal with Bonds with all sorts of clauses in it.

I guess that's better than Big Mac admitting to nothing at all. Oh yes, he admitted to taking that andro shit. And maybe Creatine too.

Bonds blaming it on his teammate makes him a douchebag though...just like Palmeiro.

Perhaps they're hoping people will be too full to heckle players?

Food for thought: Dodgers opening all-you-can-eat right field pavilion

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack ... and throw in a dozen Dodger Dogs, too.

The Los Angeles Dodgers will give fans something to chew on next season: all-you-can eat seats.

The right-field pavilion at Dodger Stadium will be converted into the special section, giving around 3,000 fans as many hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn, nachos and sodas as they want.

Tickets will sell for $35 in advance and $40 on gameday, and some items at the concession stand aren't in play -- beer, ice cream and candy will be sold separately at regular prices.

"Instead of paying cash, fans ask for whatever they want, and they get it. There are going to be some self-service parts, buffet-style, as well," Dodgers executive vice president and chief operating officer Marty Greenspun said.

There will be some other limitations. Food booths open 90 minutes before games and close two hours after the first pitch.

And anybody who walks up and wants 100 hot dogs -- they're sold as Dodger Dogs, from $4.50 to the all-beef variety for $5.25 -- will have to curb their appetite.

"If a person goes up there and asks for four for his family, he won't be told no," Dodgers senior vice president of communications Camille Johnston said.

Greenspun said the team tested the all-you-can-eat concept three times late last season. "The response was overwhelmingly positive" and gave the Dodgers food for thought, he said.

A few other teams have had all-you-can-eat sections. "The St. Louis Cardinals have done it," Greenspun said. "It hasn't been anything of this size." In addition, he said, "the other ballparks charge a higher rate than this."

All-you-can-eat isn't exactly the most health-conscious concept these days, but as Greenspun put it: "We're offering a fan amenity. Fans can elect to choose it or not choose it. We are offering basic ballpark fare that most fans enjoy."

Tickets in left field, meanwhile, will be $10.

Man I miss the old Pedro. I hope this is true, because I still love the guy, Met or not...but Pedro has always made such claims in the off-season about the return of his fastball.

Pedro in his 1998-2000 prime is the best I've ever seen, in a hitter's era to boot. The NL being what it is now, if he ever returned to close to that form he'd go about 25-3 for the Mets (well, if he pitched a full season of course).

And I did see where Bonds denied narcing on Sweeney, if true that's good to hear...Barry never seemed like the rat type, so maybe he didn't. I hope not.

Looks like the MLB Hot Stove is starting to cool off a little. Next month pitchers and catchers will be reporting to Spring Training. 2007 should be another exciting year. Will Arod get his act together and lead the Yankees to the World Series?

MrPryck2U said:
Looks like the MLB Hot Stove is starting to cool off a little. Next month pitchers and catchers will be reporting to Spring Training. 2007 should be another exciting year. Will Arod get his act together and lead the Yankees to the World Series?

ARod is not capable of leading a team to the WS. Perhaps other Yankees can help him ride their coattails to a WS. I'm too wrapped up in the NFL to even know who I think is gonna win the WS right now. Hate to say this, but the Mets seem more likely to win the WS than the Yankees.

I think there could be a Subway Series in 2007, but things will be tough for the Mets without Pedro. They've Glavine and who else? No seriously, who else do they have?

Well, not sure they're fucked. It's not like the NL is loaded with stellar rotations, and as I said, their pen is deep and versatile. Also, their offense is great. They'll be in the playoffs for sure, that much I know. And, they do get Pedro back at some point.

Look, I hate the fucking Mets, so, this is the end of me talking them up but I think they're the most legitimate threat in the NL.

Sources: Yankee Stadium to host '08 All-Star Game

Yankee Stadium will be the site of the 2008 All-Star Game, sources in baseball said, in the last year of the ballpark.

Upcoming All-Star Game hosts

Major League Baseball's All-Star Game, which determines home-field advantage for the World Series, will be in an NL stadium in 2007. The upcoming hosts for the Midsummer Classic:
2007: AT&T Park, San Francisco
2008: Yankee Stadium, New York*
2009: Busch Stadium, St. Louis

* -- no official announcement yet

The new Yankee Stadium is scheduled to open in 2009, and old Yankee Stadium closed, 86 years after the ballpark was first built in 1923, and 33 years after the ballpark was remodeled on the same site in 1976. With the All-Star Game slated to be in an AL park in 2008, officials chose Yankee Stadium for the site, believing it to be an appropriate way to usher out the historic building.

The All-Star Game has been held in Yankee Stadium three times previously, the last time in 1977.

An announcement on the selection of Yankee Stadium is expected in the days ahead, perhaps next week, with Major League Baseball coordinating with the Mayor's office in New York.

Next summer's All-Star Game will be played in San Francisco, and on Monday night, Commissioner Bud Selig formally announced that the 2009 All-Star Game will be played in St. Louis.

No spoken words said:
Well, not sure they're fucked. It's not like the NL is loaded with stellar rotations, and as I said, their pen is deep and versatile. Also, their offense is great. They'll be in the playoffs for sure, that much I know. And, they do get Pedro back at some point.

Look, I hate the fucking Mets, so, this is the end of me talking them up but I think they're the most legitimate threat in the NL.

the mets offense will get them a playoff spot, and they will be much better off having Pedro miss most of the year but back and healthy for the playoffs than having him for half the year and no playoffs.

Utley signed a 7 years, 85 million dollar extension, that should make phillyfan happy :wink:

good deal for both sides

That is a good deal for both. He's set for life, they lock him up for his prime years at a fair price, to say the least. Did Jeff Weaver sign yet? If he did, I missed it.

I look forward to pitchers and catchers.

yay...platoon player...

It would make sense though. I have a feeling J. Jones is staying. I read in the Chicago Tribune that Soriano might play Center.

So this signing would make sense in that they want to platoon Floyd with Murton in left.

Soriano in Center? Oh dear...

soriano and floyd in the outfield together? let the comedy ensue.

i love cliff floyd... he really did give everything he had and was loved in the clubhouse. he just couldn't stay healthy. still think he should have gone to the AL, but i suppose playing for the cubs is fulfilling a childhood dream for him, so best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom