The MLB Hot Stove Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you honestly think the jeter/a-rod thing is a non issue, you're diluting your thought. they have genuine dislike for each other, and the media circus that surrounds it can do nothing but make it worse.

yankee fans seem to have short memories... does anyone remember the yankees in the mid to late 80s?

Headache, I think you should get a job with the New York Post. They could use someone like you. This Jeter/Arod "rift" that you speak of sure does sell a lot of papers now, doesn't it?
BTW, the Yanks sucked in the 80's because Boss George had a bad habit of firing managers and signing bad free agents. But since the Boss was banned for three years in the early 90's, he mellowed out and let his baseball people make more of the choices. As a result, the Yanks have been in the playoffs every year.
Now, Headache, remember when you start working for the Post, you're goal is to keep saying that Torre is going to be fired and that Jeter and A-rod don't get along. That'll sell newspapers, right?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if you honestly think the jeter/a-rod thing is a non issue, you're diluting your thought. they have genuine dislike for each other, and the media circus that surrounds it can do nothing but make it worse.

yankee fans seem to have short memories... does anyone remember the yankees in the mid to late 80s?

I do. I do not have a short memory. I think the A-Rod/Jeter thing is less than ideal, but I question whether it will cause a mass implosion. Again, we'll see.

Mid 80's Yanks were actually pretty good. 1985 Yanks won something like 98 games but missed out on winning the division. Yanks started to go into the tank in the late 80's through the early 90's. But, Headache, the Yankees do truly always have some sort of media circus going on. However, the less controversy (late 90's), the better, of course.

in baseball if 2 players hate each other it doesn't really matter as much as other sports. it's an individual performance sport, and a 2nd and 3rd baseman never need to rely on each other. maaaaybe if they were a 2nd base/ss combo or a pitcher and catcher it would matter, but if a 2nd and 3rd baseman dont like each other, who cares?

shaq and kobe weren't too fond of each other and it worked out alright for them.

ps - Prior didn't look good in his first game. i think he is the key to the Cubs season this year.

Chizip said:

ps - Prior didn't look good in his first game. i think he is the key to the Cubs season this year.

but you see, he can't be. He's been "the key" for what, 3+ years now? And we know how that has turned out.

The Cub have to had learned their lesson by now. Every thing they get from him should be considered a bonus. I think all the off season moves say that that.

MrPryck2U said:
. As for Pavano, it looks like the Yanks are just trying to light a fire under the guy. Wouldn't you be pissed at Pavano's attitude over the last few seasons too? This is New York baby! Pressure to win comes with putting on the pinstripes. If you don't want that pressure, don't sign with Yanks.
Pavano hasn't been the same since he stopped tagging Alyssa Milano, and thats perfectly understandable.

MrPryck2U said:

Are you being serious?
He has a huge George Brett mural in his family room, you should check out a Royals/Yanks game with him there on his 60" plasma...its an experience.
Just don't cheer for Arod while at the Headache homestead, he might toss a wad of Brett's used chaw at you.
Biggest Royals fan....ever.

Sarcasm.jpg

ok this is how this will play out, so i'll just do it for you to save the time...

headache: i'm a mets fan
mrpryck: no wonder why you hate the yankees, all mets fans are just bitter and jelous of the yankees
headache: feel free to go back and search past posts in which i give credit to the yankees and consistantly bash the red sox and red sox fans, and even rooted heavily for the yankees to keep the curse alive, and have slammed met fans who blindly say "yankees suck" and "jeter's gay" and all that other crap
mypryck: mets suck
headache: fine

needless to say i've had this conversation so many times i can repeat it in my sleep

and you really are... naaaaah, it's too easy. ya walked into that one didn'tcha :wink:

relax... if it's ok for you to assume that my yankee rants are due only because i'm a mets fan, then it's safe for me to assume you're the typical obnoxious yankee fan who thinks their team is entitled to the championship every season.

reality of course is that i'm not that typical mets fan, and you're probably not that typical yankee fan.

Last edited:
Well, Headache, I like the Mets very much. Even though I'm a Yankee fan, doesn't mean I feel that they are entitled to the World Series every year. But, it just so happens that the Yankees have a talented enough team to make it to the Series. As a matter of fact, I think they'll take on the Mets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom