The MLB '09 Thread: Predictions, Opening Day and all that crap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn bullpen...I was really hoping Carly would walk in and beat the MFY yesterday.

This is more astounding than the third of a century ERA.

Frenchdog Vase Penis must be hurt.

wang would always get rocked from time to time... as just about all sinker ball pitchers do. when the sinker done not sinketh, you might as well just put the ball on a tee and let 'em go to work.

wang's sinker isn't sinking at all, and he's lost a few MPH's because of last year's injury... so he's pretty much throwing a 90 mile per hour fast ball that has little to no movement right down the middle of the plate.

they're gonna have to do someting soon, send him to the minor's... whatever. 'cause if he doesn't figure out how to resink his sinker, this shit's gonna continue... which is awesome.

The uproar over the use of what are generically known as "PEDs" (performance-enhancing drugs) has become so clamorous that it is drowning out those few sources seeking to convey the facts about these matters. Great numbers of assertions that are dubious or demonstrably wrong are being parroted by a seemingly endless parade of individuals and entities all of whom have manifestly done no actual research into the matters on which they so loudly, and usually savagely, declaim. This situation has been sorely exacerbated by the release of the so-called "Mitchell Report", in which most of those dubious and false assertions have been embalmed as they were self-evident axioms. The purpose of these pages is to methodically dissect those claims and assumptions and compare each with what is actually known about it.

Lest this degenerate into what lawyers call a "he said/she said" controversy, I have taken great care throughout to support each analysis made here with extensive citations, most or all of a scholarly nature. The vast majority of pontification on PEDs has consisted of the ignorant quoting the ignorant; here, nothing is cited as support unless it comes from a dispassionate, scientific examination. In each case, I give not only the citation and a relevant quotation, but a link direct to the source, so that the full context is clear.

The point of these pages is not to advocate this or that policy or point of view, but to provide a comprehensive look at the facts in these issues, so that those who want to decide policies or adopt points of view can at least do so from a sound basis. The house whose foundation timbers are wormy is not safe to stand in. These pages are vermicide.

Was this site written by the bitch that wrote Twilight?

obamasox-thumb-500x333-6156.jpg

YES!

The Phillies were supposed to meet Obama last week, but Obama is no Harry Kalas. Bigger things happening.

I'll be seeing the Phillies again tonight. And by that I mean I have a ticket, am driving down, and will probably be turned away because of rain. Fannnnnnnnnntastic.

I saw them six times last year. They lost every game.

I've seen them once this year. They lost.

If they lose tonight, I'm calling a World Series repeat.

If they lose, please keep us all informed of any other games you attend, if you're an official mush, some of could make some coin off of that.:wink:

They did lose, again. I'll keep you updated. I will be seeing them again in July a couple of times.

Except for the injuries to our 5th starter, both our platooning first-basemen, our starting catcher, and our utility man, this season is going great so far!

the mets would run the table of johan could start every game.

last night was my first chance to see johan in person... always missed him by like a day it seemed last year. unreal. struck out the first 6 batters, 10 in all... made one bad pitch the entire night. the man's a menace. i am in complete awe. what is scary... as his ERA ballooned last night to 0.70... is that johan always pitches better from june on. we're not even in may yet and he's lights F'ing out. if he can get better from this? my word.

too bad david wright decided that 4 years of .300+, 25+, 100+ was enough and it's due time for him to suck giant donkey dick, and the rest of the pitching staff is on the every other plan (every other start they're good, every other start they blow)... otherwise the mets would be pretty damned good.

if he can get even just a little bit of run support johan will win 25 games this year.

Johan Santana scares the shit out of me. Hopefully the Phils don't have to face him very often this year, at least not without Cole Hamels starting for the good guys.

Even Cole can't catch a fucking break. Guy finally starts looking like himself and takes a liner off the shoulder.

There's only so many Matt Stairs-led comebacks we have in us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom